Are you currently satiesfied with our ammo settings?

What would you personally choose for our Ammo settings

• Indifferent

Votes: 5 8.8%
  • I would prefer to keep the current settings as its our trademark

Votes: 26 45.6%
  • I would be interrested in returning to original weapon settings

Votes: 26 45.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
>muh server difficulty

you want things harder, go onto harder/new maps, challenge maps without leaders, or just damn defend harder. I prefer easier settings lel

Alright so we, the higher ups had our discussion about this. We decided to give the default ammo settings an test period time of one week. On this Friday between 8-9 AM i will start to remove the scripts files and restart the server so that we have default ammo settings. This will only Last until next friday which is 10th Feburary. So from 3th until 10th Feburary our server will run with default ammo settings. The knockback will be slightly adjusted to these settings.

We will see how things go in that one week period. If the server population in that one week period should do remarkably better and be alot more populated than usual we might consider to make it a permanent change. If people although in general dislike it and the server population is lower or stays exactly the same we will after the one week period revert to double ammo.

So yeah when you come on the server on friday expect that the ammo settings and the knockback are changed.

It like the eu referendum, but instead of listening to the public, we said fuck it, and choice the right option.

After some tries with normal ammo i can tell for me it's clearly ok. I don't know you guys but map are playable like this, just a little harder (a little)

Reactions: Migza
well as a reminder, the test period still continues on until Friday. As it stands right now the population is pretty much the same as always, If we dont get an higher player count there is no "obvious" reason as to why we should prefer normal ammo settings over our extra ammo. There are still some days time where the population could get higher than ussual but if it does not do there is a fairly big chance of us switching back to double ammo. We will discuss what we do on this Friday. If we do not discuss it on Friday it might also happen on Saturday night when i am home again.

If we'll go back to our original settings, I suggest increasing the boss hp on every map that has one using stripper. Other than that, nothing should be changed.

Reactions: qlimaX
To be honest i like the new settings, we have shown during this week that we are still able to beat the most maps, i would like to keep the settings, with the ammo, maybe just reduce the knockback a little bit, so u dont feel completly useless as a zm.
Also u should not only watch the playercount on this week, cause u will not get results in the same week u changed the settings.
Maybe a litte buff fore some weapons could help to make them more used (like adding 10 bullets for m4 and ak).
On the last vote i voted to keep the old settings, but this 1 week rly showed me that we can improve even more when its a challange again to beat certain maps. Also its not possible anymore to cover (nearly) alone.

Just my oppinion ;S

Could you provide p90 knockback values from before the change and right now please? Because they seem to have changed at least 2 times alone this week.

Right now I miss my tmp, but overall I like the changes.

right now I fall in love with the 30 ammo TMP.
Honestly even with 30 bullet this weapon is very useful, quick reload, rapid fire.

The new setting is very good jenz, just change the knockback a bit imo, it's too powerfull sometimes.
If you want to make Unloze the hardest server on ze we should keep this new config :3

I won't be posting exact values for knock-back, but I can assure you the knock-back has been lowered three times in the past 4 days.
Our current settings are the hardest, compared to other servers.

The reason why knock-back feels overpowered right now is because humans can shoot through each-other, thus more bullets hit zombies.
This was fixed by BotoX and will remain on the server to balance variables in testing boss health on all maps.

Before the fix, shooting a boss was different every round due to the amount of humans and the level of stack on the platform.
Now, shooting the boss creates the same environment on every round, even if there are more humans on the platform.

I hope this clears up any misconceptions and rumors that are currently being thrown around on the server / forums.

The reason why knock-back feels overpowered right now is because humans can shoot through each-other, thus more bullets hit zombies.
This was fixed by BotoX and will remain on the server to balance variables in testing boss health on all maps.

There we go :D
Thx Glacius for this info :3

I'm personally not a big fan of shooting (or even seeing because of transparency) through team-mates.
Positioning yourself (or spreading out to properly fight a boss) is part of the game, and I don't like it being taken away for simplicity's sake.
Being able to "fix" something doesn't always mean you should. I'm all up for allowing zombies to knife through each other against barricade items or vs stacking humans, but not so fond of humans being able to shoot zombies through 5 rows of translucent humans. When you can't touch people (no-block), they don't block your view (translucent) and your bullets don't hit them (this "fix") it starts to dangerously feel like you aren't playing with people anymore :-s
Also, lately, while doing the ammo/knockback changes, it was VERY annoying to play as Zombie on many maps, to the point where even people that usually like to play as a zombie (myself) or just try-hard to take the victory away from humans would !spec or just AFK, making it even worse for the remaining zombies. Never forget zombies are players too when doing balance changes, is not just about how easy/hard is for humans, but how good/tense/balanced feels for both teams.

Just my two cents.
Also, I'm old, I don't like changes. XD

Knock-back will be adjusted further if / when needed.
Shooting through teammates is extremely good for boss balance sake.
Transparency will only be enabled on maps that require it.
No-block will remain as a core feature of ZR.

It's much easier to teat and balance bosses when each round returns similar results. We just confirmed this working on Predator where we adjusted boss health system to match settings with the current year plugins.

Bottom line is, that we strife to have enjoyable playing field for both humans and zombies.

Reactions: Filip and zaCade
Seriously jenz, no reasons to back to previous settings, normal ammo are just what we need. I feel more pressure in a fight with humans, more tension when u have to cover than a weapon with 200 ammo (hello m249) where u can spam it and less think.

Yea the knockback was a little too op on previous settings, i hope it will be ok now, normally we have now the best settings of all servers.

Waiting for a higher amount of player is useless, to don't say nearly impossible, and irrelevant because css is dying. It's impossible that many players come in 1/2 weeks like this. But this test showed us one important thing : ppls are not here for double ammo, then i return the question in the other way, why going back to previous settings ?

ppls are not here for double ammo

And it show something important : Unloze players can play with different config and still beat tryhard map, with failnade enable and the fact that vip zm can't be on fire so they can't be slow :3
Plus now zm tank are rly tanky because if you're alone with a tmp for example you can't push him a lot x)

I think atm our server is the hardest :3

Reactions: vinto
Vip can burn? i didn't noticed this, for me it's like before, each time i take a nade as zm i don't burn ?

nope if you have vip skin as zm a nades don't burn you :3
you never noticed ? O.o
You have to use the fleshpound (I think it's the name of the vip zm skin)

i know zegawa, i think i misunderstood ur sentence lol. nvm keep it like this unloze

I'm personally not a big fan of shooting (or even seeing because of transparency) through team-mates.
Positioning yourself (or spreading out to properly fight a boss) is part of the game, and I don't like it being taken away for simplicity's sake.
Being able to "fix" something doesn't always mean you should. I'm all up for allowing zombies to knife through each other against barricade items or vs stacking humans, but not so fond of humans being able to shoot zombies through 5 rows of translucent humans. When you can't touch people (no-block), they don't block your view (translucent) and your bullets don't hit them (this "fix") it starts to dangerously feel like you aren't playing with people anymore :-s
Also, lately, while doing the ammo/knockback changes, it was VERY annoying to play as Zombie on many maps, to the point where even people that usually like to play as a zombie (myself) or just try-hard to take the victory away from humans would !spec or just AFK, making it even worse for the remaining zombies. Never forget zombies are players too when doing balance changes, is not just about how easy/hard is for humans, but how good/tense/balanced feels for both teams.

Just my two cents.
Also, I'm old, I don't like changes. XD

I would strongly agree with you on the danger that the invisibility plugin gives to the player experience. If you have !sm @all, !stopsound and everybody around you is invisible anyways its pretty much the exact same as playing in singleplayer. I will make sure, advocate and fight for that the invisiblity plugin will only be used on as few maps as possible. I get that its usefull on castlevania because of the second stage ending where everybody is stacked up on boars and cant see anything. But i promise as long as i am around that the plugin wont be used on any maps where its not required like every oldschool map or such maps as mako or predator.

Status
Not open for further replies.