Are you currently satiesfied with our ammo settings?

What would you personally choose for our Ammo settings

• Indifferent

Votes: 5 8.8%
  • I would prefer to keep the current settings as its our trademark

Votes: 26 45.6%
  • I would be interrested in returning to original weapon settings

Votes: 26 45.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

jenz

UNLOZE Founder
Leader
Oct 11, 2016
denmarkland
Since the beginning i have said that all settings can be discussed, talked about and changed if there is an will. I just felt like that its time to bring the topic up again because it has been a while. I think its good ocassionally to discuss this topic again. I personally think it would make ze more interresting again if we deleted the script files and all weapons would use default values again instead of having extra ammo.

This thread is not meant to be as if its directly going to change anything, its more over to get the current popular opinion about this. Over time the majorities opinion can change on matters and subjects and thats why i would like to check what it currently is when it comes to the extra ammo.

Even if the vote suprisingly should make us able to change the weapon settings back to default, for those who prefer our current settings i would only say: Do not worry, changes are never permanent but always temporary. If we got default ammo settings back there could also come a time in the future again where we could switch back to our extra ammonition. I personally just think that having default ammo settings right now would be more interresting.

It would make the overall zombie experience more difficult. Mostly because of bosses, but also even if the knockback is adjusted to the extra ammunition it does not change that the reload time for guns is the same no matter if extra ammonition or not. Therefore i think it could be interresting to have it on again, atleast right now. And then maybe if its not that fun anymore we could always switch back in the future to the extra ammo.

TLDR: Its good to come with suggestions for changes once in a while instead of stagnating in the same system all the time.

Last edited:
201406_1950_hhhef.jpg

If you have not voted yet you should consider doing so. I will talk with the other higher ups about the result on the next tueseday so you still got time to vote until then.

You still have time to vote until tueseday. Tueseday me and the other higher ups will come together to make an final decision based on the vote results.

Before I begin talking about why people are objectively wrong in this thread, I'mma just say this disclaimer:

If this happens, the whole server settings will have to change to accommodate it. That's not really an issue per se, I'm just pointing out that people may think that there has been a major change when it actually hasn't affected that much.

Now we got that out of the way, I'mma just throw in my 2 cents. (I feel I should have posted this earlier because it gives a good overview of why I think the popular opinion of 100 ammo is too easy is wrong.)

We have lower knockback than gfl on ALL zombie classes because of the extra ammo, essentially removing it will mean rebalancing everything, of course I'm sure we are all fine with doing this. But essentially all your doing is a minor change with lots of work and testing required, I imagine if we stop winning maps the first reason will be because our zombie settings will be super unbalanced for normal settings. And people will be like "OH SEE NORMAL AMMO IS HARDER", without realizing that changes will be going on behind the scenes to rebalance the server. And when we start winning maps again, people will just forget this all happened and think it was a good change, when its more of a thoughtful change along the lines of:

do we want standard settings
do we want unique settings

considering the minute difference (again our settings being quite a bit easier is literally just wishful thinking because people don't know their shit and zombie knockback is not a standard thing between servers).

I like the second option, this is because CS:S is practically dying and adding more variation to it, helps keep it alive. I don't think CS:S will die properly anytime soon, but what happens when the only 2 ZE servers you can play on have super similar settings, aren't we just losing the small amount of variation we already have. Sure you can talk about the pay2win VIP in this, but that's a completely different issue, if anything we need another poll about that.

If anything rather than changing the ammo if people want harder settings I'd prefer to see knockback reduced, because that way you achieve the same affect but keep something that makes unloze a little more unique.

Anyway, it's the communities vote, I'm just talking about stuff so people know what their voting for rather than the stupid misinformation of WAAAH WAAAH SETTINGS TOO EASY BECAUSE DOUBLE AMMO.

(I don't care if you vote either way, but please have a justified reason i.e., 100 ammo is wierd for me to play on and i don't like how it changes the dynamics of ZE, so I'm voting on 50 ammo. Rather than comparing us to a community with different settings and justifying that the reason we win maps more HAS to be because of 100 ammo, (which is not really that true at all).)

Like please, think before you vote and don't just say "BUT 100 AMMO IS EASIER" like a sheep. I can see about 4 of those posts in this thread.

Your post is so long, so i will not quote it @.george

Yeah, we know that the settings between extra bullets and knockback are palanced, but u still have to look at it with bigger picture, zombie escape is not just about the knockback.

If there's an situation where u need to shoot the last zombie out of the bridge(for example) and u have already shot all of your bullets from your guns u would die normally because u have to reload or rebuy guns, which is still slower compared if u still have those extra bullets. In general u can more easily survive in close situations with 100 bullets than 50 bullets.

And what about boss fights? The advantage is there too.
If the boss is making the last strike to you and it would die after 100 bullets, with default ammo u could die because of the reload time, but with extra ammo u could shoot it just in the time. And u can kill the bosses faster with extra ammo in general.

So what my point is, that if u look the gameplay and not just the knockback, u can see that with extra ammo it's easier than with default ammo.

Just some thoughts, that everyone can think also.

- Dolly the Sheep

@.george
I like when you comment on things georgi, it shows that you care.
We could keep the extra ammo and lower the knockback but to 99% of the server which does not have access to the playerclasses.txt files it wont make a difference, it will just feel the same to them. In my opinion if we would turn the ammo down to original values we might as well make our settings alot easier, aka knockback and speed. Nobody would be able to tell if our zombie settings would be harder than any other servers. We could have easier zombie settings than gfl and people would then still call unloze the hardest server simply because we would not have any modified tmp´s or p90´s. I dont know if that sounds bad, too me it does not really.

I would kinda like the title of being the hardest ze server, and its fairly easy to achive since everybody who is not an manager on unloze/ gfl does not have access to check the file settings ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I find this thread funny because the knock-back is completely fine, and even after stripper configs to apply +30% more health to bosses,
we're still beating them just as easily as any other server. (Not to mention +30% is a ridiculous amount of health to make up with less reload.)
I'd seriously want to keep the 100 ammo just to have server diversity, but simply go through the class files and buff zombies / nerf humans.

Your post is so long, so i will not quote it @.george

Yeah, we know that the settings between extra bullets and knockback are palanced, but u still have to look at it with bigger picture, zombie escape is not just about the knockback.

If there's an situation where u need to shoot the last zombie out of the bridge(for example) and u have already shot all of your bullets from your guns u would die normally because u have to reload or rebuy guns, which is still slower compared if u still have those extra bullets. In general u can more easily survive in close situations with 100 bullets than 50 bullets.

And what about boss fights? The advantage is there too.
If the boss is making the last strike to you and it would die after 100 bullets, with default ammo u could die because of the reload time, but with extra ammo u could shoot it just in the time. And u can kill the bosses faster with extra ammo in general.

So what my point is, that if u look the gameplay and not just the knockback, u can see that with extra ammo it's easier than with default ammo.

Just some thoughts, that everyone can think also.

- Dolly the Sheep
these situations are entirely dependant on one thing:
a) for the first situation, you need a low player count, as the number of people alive increases so does the irrelevance of the extra ammo, you can model this but it essentially becomes a game of find the reload gaps for different people and over 50 ammo and 100 ammo, as the numbers of bullets flying get higher, so does the irrelevance of reloading (as long as people dont all reload at the same time). It's possible to construct a model of this but that's for non lazy mathematicians. And even then in the situation you've described, you will find that in reality people will have a rebuy at that point, so in a do or die situation it's irrelevant, this actually narrows down the situation you've described to an extremely simple edge case where yes humans will die but no it won't happen that often because of the ammo.
b) Bosses that are too easy with 100 ammo normally end up getting their assess stripper'd so that they are more fair. This is still a process of ask and you shall receive so we will only really do it to "requested" bosses, but if you've noticed there's already westersand and paramina since noctali did them and when I get off my ass I'll be doing a skyrim cfg. (also fun sidenote: GFL tmp has less spread now so on far away/small bosses, GFL can do much more dmg than we can (i.e. predator/sephiroth) )

ALSO you could have quoted it, xenforo will put it in a nice "click to expand box"

other random side note: that cloned sheep was called dolly entirely because she was cloned from breast tissue, and well dolly parton. Do I have to say more?

other things:
I don't like the idea of changing it just to show we are "harder" when actually people don't know their shit and can't be bothered to think that zombie settings aren't standard for 2 seconds

Regards
- Someone who clearly hadn't already considered the situations you described.

Alright so we, the higher ups had our discussion about this. We decided to give the default ammo settings an test period time of one week. On this Friday between 8-9 AM i will start to remove the scripts files and restart the server so that we have default ammo settings. This will only Last until next friday which is 10th Feburary. So from 3th until 10th Feburary our server will run with default ammo settings. The knockback will be slightly adjusted to these settings.

We will see how things go in that one week period. If the server population in that one week period should do remarkably better and be alot more populated than usual we might consider to make it a permanent change. If people although in general dislike it and the server population is lower or stays exactly the same we will after the one week period revert to double ammo.

So yeah when you come on the server on friday expect that the ammo settings and the knockback are changed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.