CT biased?

Tfw we actually listened to some complaints here by opening discussions and votes to make some actual settings changes to only get in return a "fuck this server" right into our face xD
it was so obvious from the beginning some players complaining but they almost never join the server, some admins too, afks for a long time and also complaining
it was also so obvious that the settings were fine and in-fact they are currently the hardest settings around CSS ZE, it was also obvious that we still struggle in most maps, yet we listened to some AFK ppl who never play and changed many settings and we will probably change more settings soon...

it was so obvious from the beginning some players complaining but they almost never join the server, some admins too, afks for a long time and also complaining
it was also so obvious that the settings were fine and in-fact they are currently the hardest settings around CSS ZE, it was also obvious that we still struggle in most maps, yet we listened to some AFK ppl who never play and changed many settings and we will probably change more settings soon...
we did not make these changes for kaczors sake doe. we made these changes for the internal community we can let vote without votes being spammed by alt accounts. The alternative is just letting dogan add everything onto the server he thinks is right? thats what we did for the past 2-3 years?

Last edited:
Reactions: Middy
xenforo -> public votes -> people spam alt accounts on votes
Surely theres a better way to deal with it, can you not see who's voting for what? Couldn't you add a role that requires you to have x amount of hours on unloze on your linked steam account, is the forum software really so shitty that you can't make a poll that we can't vote on but can view?
It's not just about voting but discussing about it, how am I meant to know that anti-noob was disabled if this thread didn't exist?

Xenforo isnt the problem. Playerswill always find a way to circumvent voting systems. There is literally no fixing that. Trust me, I’ve tried.

Surely theres a better way to deal with it, can you not see who's voting for what? Couldn't you add a role that requires you to have x amount of hours on unloze on your linked steam account, is the forum software really so shitty that you can't make a poll that we can't vote on but can view?
It's not just about voting but discussing about it, how am I meant to know that anti-noob was disabled if this thread didn't exist?
well my actual solution if we got nodebb as a new forum would be writing some javascript to check a steam ID's activity on hlstats. It could be some simple requirement like needing 20 hours on the server at least or being active inside 2 weeks for being allowed to vote. If we go with xenforo2 however i have no idea how to add/implement such a feature. Either case of xenforo2 or nodebb its unfortunately going slow still because theres other things that have to be done first.

Reactions: Kidel and 541m4n
Xenforo isnt the problem. Playerswill always find a way to circumvent voting systems. There is literally no fixing that. Trust me, I’ve tried.
Has anyone ever actually tried to spam vote a poll before?
well my actual solution if we got nodebb as a new forum would be writing some javascript to check a steam ID's activity on hlstats. It could be some simple requirement like needing 20 hours on the server at least or being active inside 2 weeks for being allowed to vote. If we go with xenforo2 however i have no idea how to add/implement such a feature. Either case of xenforo2 or nodebb its unfortunately going slow still because theres other things that have to be done first.
Even with current software couldn't you just add a new role that would let you vote in these polls and just hand it out to people you recognise on the forum?
Forums aren't a good way to gauge player opinion as most players never touch it but it's better than any other system.

Even with current software couldn't you just add a new role that would let you vote in these polls and just hand it out to people you recognise on the forum?
Forums aren't a good way to gauge player opinion as most players never touch it but it's better than any other system.
Well i have no exact good reason but i never checked if you can do that and i also dont like editing xenforo because we have like 9 different styles where each has to be manually changed. I mean i also dont know where to start with editing xenforo for stuff since its mostly glacius territory and we just leave it to him to moderate the forum. Maybe glacius would do your requests?

Well i have no exact good reason but i never checked if you can do that and i also dont like editing xenforo because we have like 9 different styles where each has to be manually changed. I mean i also dont know where to start with editing xenforo for stuff since its mostly glacius territory and we just leave it to him to moderate the forum. Maybe glacius would do your requests?
The forum software doesn't even let you add new roles?

Manually assigning a role to players who you think should vote is just silly. It’d have to be moderated at all times and can be very biased unless we specifically select a team of varied admins / higher ups to do it.

Lots of trouble compared to allowing players who support the server to vote.

Reactions: William! :D
Manually assigning a role to players who you think should vote is just silly. It’d have to be moderated at all times and can be very biased unless we specifically select a team of varied admins / higher ups to do it.

Lots of trouble compared to allowing players who support the server to vote.

I agree and disagree. That's of course a disadvantage, but on the plus side, you can weed out those who intentionally troll votes. It's only a hassle in the beginning giving everyone said role, after that it's just assigning/removing the role maybe a few times per month (if any)

Respect for @TrapWHre to make ZE competitive again. Sadly it's always the same cycle, an old tryhard comes back to ZE, gets shocked and tries to change it, but you will never beat the system. I think the only time we ever conquered forced stufff was when 0 ping was implemented, which was obviously a great idea if it worked cleanly. Sadly it was broken shit and I think every server that ever added it (CSS and CSGO) all removed it and even that took months. Sadly the Tech team takes everything personal here if you complain about added elements.

What I do want to say is that everyone has different opinions about this, for example I think /zcleanse is one of the most innovative and fun additions to ZE while others still complain about it till this day. Also I think transparency is the worst addition ZE ever had, because there is 0 motivation anymore to get in front of the human team to get a better vision (to see zombies better so you can hit better/see lasers better/etc.) while taking more risk due to being more proximate to the danger.

These days we do discuss some new gameplay elements with votes in the VIP corner. I think we should open this maybe for everyone with 1 year forum account+X posts (or whatever criteria).

I will write more this weekend.

Sadly it's always the same cycle, an old tryhard comes back to ZE, gets shocked and tries to change it, but you will never beat the system.
This is normal, but the problem is some of those old tryhards can never realize that it isn't 2012 anymore, players change and maps changed, it is just that those old settings can't work anymore with 2021, i might be the biggest fan of "oldschool" settings but i know it can not work out nowadays, just move on that's it, you either adapt or quit.