CT biased?

I think it'd be a good idea to add a vote for settings changes at a certain time, or on certain maps,. I think it'd be cool if unloze added something with hard settings, i.e. offer a harder experience, so if you wanted you could vote in hard settings like pf but only after midnight, or only on sunday, etc. with some sort of restrictions and seeing how people react so that randoms aren't as impacted as they would be, then use the experience there to see if overall settings should be changed i.e. if no one votes for normal unloze settings and only hard settings then buff zombies, and go from there

Anti-noob has been recently removed, so play on the server for a week or so and report back to this thread for how it feels now.

That's true lOl
It's just exhausting waiting for a map I'd enjoy having to sit through all shrooms, pokemons, fapescape isn't that appealing to me < the most common ones I see taking insane amount of time to finish. I actually even stopped playing fag maps due to settings being shit.

@Glacius
Played some tonight saw I was getting money for shooting zombies so is anti noob really off? My understanding of "Anti noob" may mean something else to some1 elses so what's changed?
Did you remove fire damage from nades?
Are fail nades enabled?
Bhop enabled on EVERY map?
Fall damage enabled on every map? (well unless mapper made it no fall damage I guess)
100hp instead of 125?

I mean I'll play some tomorrow but it felt like nothing changed xD
The money for shooting is a completely separate thing. Anti-Noob was a plugin that increased knockback whenever humans lost rounds in succession.

I played yesterday night and realized humans are rewarded with an extra grenade and motherzm immunity when being top defenders.

That's retarded. Why would you purposefully stack the biggest tryhard defenders in the human team round after round by preventing them to be zombie in addition to giving them more grenades?

If they're rewarded anything, it should stay cosmetic like the crown, nothing more. If they become motherzm or get infected after being top defenders, they should get one slight boost e.g.
1. temporary fire immunity after infection (60s)
2. +5 velocity
3. -5% knockback

The fact that you give top defenders mother zm immunity just proves that you believe having to play zombie on your server is a punishment. Doesn't that tell you enough?

Also, some zombies have a crown above their head. I assume it's for top defender/top infector.
Remove that shit. I don't want to be the priority target of every idiot in the human team because I played better than most others the previous round. You're boosting humans and punishing zombies for playing well, makes no sense to me.

Last edited:
Reactions: FierceG and Middy
I am sorry but I think you're blowing literally everything way out of proportions every time.
@TrapWHre

First of all, mother zombie immunity can be toggled off. You're not forced to have the immunity from top defending. Whether you chose to acknowledge it or not, most people prefer being humans than zombies. The objective of ze maps is to win as humans. It's tiresome how some people try to pretend this is not a fact. This unwritten consesus is mirrored everywhere in the ZE community, ranging from how EVERY server rewards VIP to event winners that are humans or how maps are considered "beaten" when humans win. The map narrations describe human achievements, where some maps even state how "round failed, zombies touched the trigger". This is permeated all over ZE, almost every aspect of it. Coming in here and saying unloze should not recognize this consensus and that they regard being a zombie as a punishment is just absurd. ESPECIALLY when you can toggle this immunity off if you do not want it. One could perhaps argue why it's on per default but I believe the reasons are very obvious. This does not mean we can't reward zombies either or balance the gameplay. These two things do not cancel each other.

Second of all, what kind of a massive autist sees a zombie as a crown and decides to only target that zombie in a hoard of zombies pushing? That is terrible zombie defending if anything. Zombies with a crown don't mean anything, most people know this. Either you just knife afk humans, or you're the lucky one to get most knives in the mass-infection going on when humans didn't defend enough. Sure, once in a while someone actually earns it by doing a very sick play. But even then, I don't defend only them. Why would I shoot someone far in the distance cause they have a crown instead of the zm right next to me? A lot of the times, the zombies contributing the most to the round end are not the top infectors either. Sometimes it's enough to knife 1 human causing a chain reaction. I rather try to see which players are good as zombies. Either way, once again, you can TOGGLE THIS OFF. Not to mention how you suggest to reward humans with crowns but not zombies, as if humans with crowns can't be targeted by zombies.

Lastly the extra nade is a reward and I think it is very appropriate to reward people who do well for the team. It encourages me to defend well and it compensates for people that defend less well. You pretend as if those extra nades have a massive round-winning impact, which they do not. No matter how much you wish to dramatize it. I think pickle described it best in another thread: https://unloze.com/threads/vote-thread-ze-number-of-nades.2444/#post-22370

You constantly go against yourself. Even your suggestion regarding rewarding motherzombies. Why would you "purposefully stack the biggest tryhard" zombies giving all the other zombies a signficiantly less chance of infecting. Very unbalanced.

I think we both agree that rewards are not meant to break the balance of the gameplay. However, I almost completely disagree in your opinions on how to achieve this.

Last edited:
I played yesterday night and realized humans are rewarded with an extra grenade and motherzm immunity when being top defenders.

That's retarded. Why would you purposefully stack the biggest tryhard defenders in the human team round after round by preventing them to be zombie in addition to giving them more grenades?

If they're rewarded anything, it should stay cosmetic like the crown, nothing more. If they become motherzm or get infected after being top defenders, they should get one slight boost e.g.
1. temporary fire immunity after infection (60s)
2. +5 velocity
3. -5% knockback

The fact that you give top defenders mother zm immunity just proves that you believe having to play zombie on your server is a punishment. Doesn't that tell you enough?

Also, some zombies have a crown above their head. I assume it's for top defender/top infector.
Remove that shit. I don't want to be the priority target of every idiot in the human team because I played better than most others the previous round. You're boosting humans and punishing zombies for playing well, makes no sense to me.

Wuah wuah wuah, you're literally crying because 3 people are actually making sure the round doesn't fail because 50 retards are door hugging.

Reactions: Ep1tapH and Meir
That's true lOl
It's just exhausting waiting for a map I'd enjoy having to sit through all shrooms, pokemons, fapescape isn't that appealing to me < the most common ones I see taking insane amount of time to finish. I actually even stopped playing fag maps due to settings being shit.

@Glacius
Played some tonight saw I was getting money for shooting zombies so is anti noob really off? My understanding of "Anti noob" may mean something else to some1 elses so what's changed?
Did you remove fire damage from nades?
Are fail nades enabled?
Bhop enabled on EVERY map?
Fall damage enabled on every map? (well unless mapper made it no fall damage I guess)
100hp instead of 125?

I mean I'll play some tomorrow but it felt like nothing changed xD

Honestly idk why you even made that thread then, you don't care about any ZE maps except paranoid? so why are you crying here? and why those changes would affect you in the first place if you don't even play or your favorite map depends on item uses rater than shooting or all of those you mentioned above?!

First of all, mother zombie immunity can be toggled off. You're not forced to have the immunity from top defending. Whether you chose to acknowledge it or not, most people prefer being humans than zombies. The objective of ze maps is to win as humans. It's tiresome how some people try to pretend this is not a fact.

Second of all, what kind of a massive autist sees a zombie as a crown and decides to only target that zombie in a hoard of zombies pushing? That is terrible zombie defending if anything. Zombies with a crown don't mean anything, most people know this. Either you just knife afk humans, or you're the lucky one to get most knives in the mass-infection going on when humans didn't defend enough.

Lastly the extra nade is a reward and I think it is very appropriate to reward people who do well for the team. It encourages me to defend well and it compensates for people that defend less well. You pretend as if those extra nades have a massive round-winning impact, which they do not.

1. I'm not sure how many hours I've played on UNLOZE since I came back but it's been a couple and never was I aware you can toggle this off. Even if it is possible, I very highly doubt anybody does so. Playing zombie feels like shit and whoever volunarily wants to has to be masochistic. Just because the option exists, doesn't mean people use it so my point continues to stay. You stack all the tryhards in one team and it's in no way fair.

2. Fair enough. The best zombie rarely gets the most infections I agree. Renders my point on that one invalid.

3. Isn't getting the crown, winning or progressing farther into the map appropiate reward enough? The crown you get is nothing but a toned down leader-beacon that let's other players know when to defend or run. You're defending because you enjoy that playstyle or because you want your team to win. If you need an extra grenade to encourage you to defend in a game that basically consists to 50% of it then I don't have any words for it. You also say an extra nade has no massive round-winning impact, right after you say it compensates for people that defend less well. Your own words are in conflict with eachother, too.

And your point about ze being all about winning as CT is total bullshit. You have two teams, each with their own objective. Winning as CT is just one. Preventing a win as T is another.

Last edited:
Remove that shit. I don't want to be the priority target of every idiot in the human team because I played better than most others the previous round

you can also toggle that off. check sm_settings and go to PlayerRankings :p

Reactions: -Hudda and jenz
And your point about ze being all about winning as CT is total bullshit. You have two teams, each with their own objective. Winning as CT is just one. Preventing a win as T is another.

A "perfect" day in Unloze ZE would go like this (but would never happen, and means it was probably too easy also):

Map 1: 10-0 CT-T
Map 2: 3-0 CT-T
Map 3: 4-0 CT-T
Map 4: 5-0
Map 5: 7-0
Map 6: 2-0
etc.

You get the gist. Majority of players wants to win as CT, not as T. Usually once a map is "won", another map is voted for (or rtv'ed), and then it goes on to the next.
With that said, once zm/infected it's usually still enjoyable trying to make the round more challenging for ct, doesn't mean it always have to be fun (heck I go spec some of the time). What you seem to think is that a zombie win round is as big of a goal as a ct win, it is not. What does happen a lot however is the ct wins with less humans alive (!solo), and yeah "oh no I wasn't human and didn't get any points for winning" can suck, but let's give people a win sometimes.

If you have ever played as a zombie and gotten a zombie win and you scream "yay I won!", I think you really need to look at ZE differently.

Reactions: Ep1tapH
If you have ever played as a zombie and gotten a zombie win and you scream "yay I won!", I think you really need to look at ZE differently.
you never had a round where you managed to infect like 15-25 humans alone on a full server? that stuff feels pretty good doe. but honnestly thats only me talking from nostalgia because its pretty impossible with the settings unloze got moved into over the past years. And well i have also been pretty inactive in the last few years due to schedules and what not

Reactions: Meir and Kidel
You also say an extra nade has no massive round-winning impact, right after you say it compensates for people that defend less well. Your own words are in conflict with eachother, too.
You're right, I did contradict myself here. I stand by in believing that the extra nade is not as impactful as you make it to be, if anything it is the good defenders that do the compensation. Not the nades.

I can't of course completely negate the effect of the nades. An example that favors your arguments is stage 2 of rizomata, the last part after the boss fight. One nade can make all the difference between the win or loss there and is often what leads to the 1-3man wins on that stage.

It's difficult to get to a consensus when there are two types of mentalities towards ZE right now.

Here's the most predominant:

@William! :D

Let's say you're playing your favorite map, or a map you would like to win a lot, last stage preferably... But on the last stage you become mother zm, got beaten to top defender. What do you do?

Do you play as a zombie, do your role and try to stop the human team, while not helping them out?
Or...
Do you go to spec, generally lose interest in winning as a zombie, idle and possibly try to lead humans while in spec?

Meh still shit settings just played minas bhop disabled, admins 2 friends died while defending on stage 2 so he gave them levels back xD (cos some1 knifed apparently and only 3-5 ppl died maybe idk wasn't paying too much attention) Officially no hope for any good ze servers.

Do me a favour and perma ban me so I'm not tempted to come back to the server again cheers.

Who cares fuck this server.

Last edited:
Meh still shit settings just played minas bhop disabled, admins 2 friends died while defending on stage 2 so he gave them levels back xD (cos some1 knifed apparently and only 3-5 ppl died maybe idk wasn't paying too much attention) Officially no hope for any good ze servers.

Do me a favour and perma ban me so I'm not tempted to come back to the server again cheers.

Who cares fuck this server.

I think our friend William has clearly shown us with his silence that he really doesn't care about being a zombie, else he'd have replied.

So you see, these people in today's community don't really see any fun to be had as a zombie. It's all about that human side win.
Settings are bound to change as time passes, playstyles and opinions of what fun is in ZE change as well.

Kaczor, that kind of thing is called admin abuse, it happens now, it happened back in the old days as well, although not so boldly done.
I guess if you can't get used to these current settings and playstyles, you may best move on, unless you come back to kill nostalgia in some special event that portrays the old settings. And I'd hope that in events admins wouldn't abuse either.