Vanster unstable admin

Status
Not open for further replies.
As for Tom you are a hypocrite.
So wise of you to start answering to the advice I gave you in a neutral form with an insult. Keep it up.
Also please be so kind to explain where I am a hypocrite.
You expect me to put dozens of hours to find evidence to convey my point
A quick tip: if you provide the evidence right away or at least remember (write down/whatever) the map, the date/time, the score when the issue occurred, you can reduce the amount of time you need to find the proof from "dozens of hours" to approximately 5 minutes. You don't need to have Einstein's IQ to understand this. You don't even have to record videos or anything like that - the time, the map and, if possible, the exact or approximate score or even stage would do.
If you are too lazy to remember that information or deal with the issue right away by providing the information about the proof at once, why do you come here crying that it's so hard to make a proper report? Why do others manage to do that?
even though you could actually play the game and see this shit from Vanster for yourself
Why would anyone go to the server and wait for Vanster to do the "shit" you're telling us he does? How long will it take us to wait? I bet it would be more than "dozens of hours" or even one eternity because he might never do this again – in this case your report will stay unproven.
I've seen Vanster playing and his actions have never disturbed me. Also it's not my job to keep an eye on other admins, I'm not a Senior.

you rarely play at all
as above Fierc said
you have to play constantly to see
with your own eyes on it

Reactions: FierceG
you rarely play at all
As I have said, I've seen Vanster playing and haven't found anything disturbing in his actions.
constantly
What do you mean by "constantly"? 24 hours per day and 7 days per week? We both know that's not possible, right?
Or should I ask Vanster when he connects so I can connect to watch his actions? How my spectating him now would tell me about his actually breaking rules and abusing in the past? Because "he does it every day"?

We had a lengthy discussion about this together with some higher-ups today and yesterday. There was certainly some level of "interfering with the gameplay too much" issue, which we talked out and warned Vanster about. Other than that we decided there was no need for further punishment, as Vanster does still do his "admin job" well for the most part and he is still very active member of our team.

Admin critique is always welcome, and people do mistakes every now and then. Attacking personally however is not okay at any cost, even if you are bringing up a real argument or report.

Admin critique is always welcome, and people do mistakes every now and then. Attacking personally however is not okay at any cost, even if you are bringing up a real argument or report.
Reminder that majority of personal attacks in this thread are aimed on me ;)

Reactions: ASSASSIN SS
If the critize are open , I would like to speak to you in a private message as requested since the beginning of my ban. thx dejade

No, the right section is to talk to you in PM no ? Explain your self and explain my self before this.

For you Middy do you have any clue how retarded your comment is? So you basically say an admin can only carry out an anarchy or join the SS. Afterwards you insult me on a personal level like you do with every post I do on this forum. If I ever wronged you I am sorry but you have always acted immaturely to me ever since I left EZE.

My comment is retarded. Is that the best you've got to say to my post, which clearly, you didn't bother to actually read?

I merely said there were two general possible outcomes of becoming an administrator here. We've seen plenty of this crap before. It has happened before. It will always happen, we'll always have the chill and cool admins who carry out their duties in accordance, and the ones that let it get to their heads. It's got nothing to do with A, B or C being in charge in an upper stance. At the end of the day they are all still just administrators, they can be replaced if acting poorly, because it'll always cause a certain amount of trouble/drama. Read carefully next time you accuse me of spouting retarded shit, like you obviously seem to be a pro at doing.

Fact is, you had a point in all this banter and whining, but you spoiled it all by bringing it out in a wrong way.

And as far as personal insults go, I'm just speaking what I'm seeing, which is a manchild whining at a video game. So if you say I'm immature, prove me wrong, prove everyone wrong. Stop whining. And I mean, yeah it was around the time you left eze that you started behaving poorly, it is unfortunate, but it is how you've been portraying yourself.

Are you going to whine some more perhaps and tell me I'm harassing, insulting you personally, so you look like a victim? When you're the one who literally asked for this, with this ridiculous exposing post? Honestly, anyone could have done a better thread on Vanster than you, cause this was just childish.

Maybe I'm just wasting my time here talking to you in specific with this post, or maybe you'll grow the fuck up. Though I doubt that, with that reply of yours, eesh. Fucking yikes.

Reactions: Creepy
We had a lengthy discussion about this together with some higher-ups today and yesterday. There was certainly some level of "interfering with the gameplay too much" issue, which we talked out and warned Vanster about. Other than that we decided there was no need for further punishment, as Vanster does still do his "admin job" well for the most part and he is still very active member of our team.
After thinking a bit about this it baffles me. You confirm the existence of Vansters' admin abuse so there is no denying in it anymore. How do these dicussions go anyway? Probably listening a lot to what Vanster has to say.
Look, when reading his replies Vanster shows no remorse whatsoever of his behavior past months. Ruining sessions for people with unnecessary bans/ebans/gags/mutes, forcing maps, forcing rtv's, making maps unnominatable, etc. So people just have to suck this all up?
How you think the average unloze player feels when you aren't willing to sanction your own admins while admitting there is a problem, while you hand out bans so easily to regular players?

Maybe I was not clear enough, but we did warn him, which is already some level of punishment. If he does something again in short period which is not befitting of admin, he will very likely be demoted. We however believe that he can learn and get the better feeling on the correlation between admins and the gameplay.

And this hopefully allows you to see him in better light and maybe not be so hateful towards him. Same other way around towards you. Too much shit-talk in this thread from both admin and normal player sides.

Last edited:
Their morals, their code; it's a bad joke. Dropped at the first sign of trouble. They're only as good as the world allows them to be. You'll see- I'll show you. When the chips are down these, uh, civilized people? They'll eat each other.

-Christopher Nolan

communication is key

Last edited:
What do you mean by "constantly"? 24 hours per day and 7 days per week? We both know that's not possible, right?
Or should I ask Vanster when he connects so I can connect to watch his actions? How my spectating him now would tell me about his actually breaking rules and abusing in the past? Because "he does it every day"?[/QUOTE]

under constantly
I meant
daily like other admins but at least for you 5 times a week
not 24/7
personally when I played you rarely saw Each other
in the game and you left the game after playing 1.5 hours
so you're the administrator
do your job 2 times
a week for half an hour.? th

Status
Not open for further replies.