Vanster unstable admin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Key points here
1. You twisted fierce's message by assuming a causation when he clearly states his motives. Nothing says fierce wouldn't have done the same if he had a good day.
2. You made a joke out of it (what makes this worse is that you assumed they both had mental health issues and made a joke about it knowing so).
3. You filled in the rest with a fitted lie.
1. if he did the same when he had a good day, then why did he even bring the point up that he had issues that day?
2.Where did I assume they had mental issues? Fierce literally said in his post that vanster and him both had/have IRL issues? Where does the "mental issues" part come from? And where the fuck did i make fun of it???
3. elaborate!

@William! :D

Last edited:
There is something good in these comments

Have all self questioned, and take a good punch in our ego. Without it hurting us too much. This punch serves as a reflection on our behavior.

Fierce is a good ze autist if I may.

Vanster is a good admin who does his best to be fair

But fierce can be hugely cancerous

Vanster can be fooled by his too big ego and may want to do only what he likes, thanks to the power he has.

I think you have to think of others when you act, which I obviously didn't do, but what I would do at the end of my ban.

NOBODY IS PERFECT "GUYS"

There is something good in these comments
I think you have to think of others when you act, which I obviously didn't do, but what I would do at the end of my ban.

NOBODY IS PERFECT "GUYS"

I can't agree more with your post bomec, and I think everyone's a little bit emotional in this thread, however there's a point from fierce I'd like to discuss as I think it's fitting and it's opening admin reports to the public, so that members of the community can weigh in with their experiences, and takes of an admin's decision if they were on the server at the time.

I feel like creating a discourse and not just taking one side's view is helpful to getting as clear a picture of the event as possible, because if an admin ebans me, or forcertvs my favorite map, I'm a lot more likely to report them than if the admin forcertvs a map I hate and the server goes to my favorite map.

Edit: I don't mean to detract from the Vanster report, but I would like to have a discussion about this at some point, and not let it get lost here.

in fact when you assign a map many spam through the microphone and some admins are no exception
and even insults other players
I would recommend that you disable sounds for a while while voting FF maps and other related maps so that the vote is fair

We are a community, which on the whole has been fairly solid for all these years.

I agree that communication is necessary before any act. If Fierce's words are justified, Vanster should recover and leave his old demons aside as much as possible

Our server is not a server to let off steam on others, it is a server supposed to be friendly. Not everyone can get along obviously, but the sm is there for that precisely.

Reactions: ASSASSIN SS
After seeing the context and looking over at logs;
There was no abuse going on here.

Sure, Vanster does sometimes do weird shit I might not agree with but it's not too bad.
Just because they remove some minutes off a map that has already been beaten doesn't mean they are Nazi Germany, etc.

well i was curious to see how others felt before offering my own 2 cents (and ive been way too busy irl) but i think this post brings up a lot of problems with how unloze staff handle admun abuses and reports. for the record when i was talking to fierce about this report he cussed me out, told me to fuck off, and it certainly was not a friendly conversation and it certainly did not end well so don’t think im simply defending a friend here because honestly me and fierce have been on opposite sides of the fence many times lately and honestly neither of us are going to budge anytime soon. and yes it is no secret my dislike for vanster but there are many people on the admun team who i dont see eye to eye with and it doesnt stop me from always at least attempting to recognize and look past my own biases.

part of being an admun is taking on a responsibility bigger than yourself and a capacity for looking beyond how YOU feel (this same argument can be used against me im not perfect and no one is, but we should all strive to seriously say we are doing what we believe is best for the server, how you can say that here is beyond me and quite simply it should be beyond anyone who is making at a bare minimum a half-assed attempt at giving an impartial look at things). the part about putting the server before yourself is something vanster fails at time and time again. doing a forcertv is something that should be disabled when the server is around 50+ players, we are all capable of typing rtv ourself and forcertv’ing is, simply put, denying the will of the server. clearly some admuns believe that the will of the server is secondary to their own personal taste and that they know best. if, IF, you are considering a forcertv it should be during a round after a win and only once it becomes apparent that no one is giving a shit anymore. in this instance we saw the server making real genuine attempts at winning predator again (a map which is already criminally underplayed and needs no favors to continue that trend). sure we can look past someone occasionally forcertv’ing but this has become a pattern of behavior for vanster and not a one time mistake. he literally does this more than anyone else, which for 90% of admins is zero btw.

i guess for starters im shocked i see no one calling out vanster on here for his punishment. a one week ban for a few rounds of inflating is absolutely unacceptable imo. for what reasons do we EVER hand out a one week ban? no seriously check sourcebans. better yet what reasons do we ever /need/ to hand out a one week ban for? christo got a 48 hr ban for intentionally shotgunning zms into humans to avoid knife logs and actually ending rounds. the community is small enough as it is and i know for a fact most of you have been around long enough to witness what nazi bans do to a community, we absolutely do not need to self-canibalize our playerbase for such an emotional reason. frankly there are very very few reasons where a ban is appropriate, not to mention we all know bans dont fucking serve any functional purpose other than to make mr big bad admun feel good about themselves. why could he not simply freeze or strip him or any other myriad of peaceful options which were available? a ban ought to be a last resort option when all other options have failed. telling someone to stop is not even close to exhausting all other options.

oh yeah just for the lul’s id like to point out the ONE meaningful question on admin apps is how would you handle someone you suspect is inflating, imagine someone saying “after 3 rounds id yeet the fuck out of them for an entire week, idc if theyre a regular” lmao

secondly i want to express my extreme distaste for the constant shit talking and biases that the staff show when someone makes an emotional report. again, as a member of the staff you need to realize that you are participating in something bigger than yourself and letting an emotional report influence your analysis of the actions or even worse straight up making fun of someone for writing an emotional report and using that to discredit their report makes you even worse tbh. at least the person writing an emotional report has a good reason for being emotional, you have no excuses for that behavior and if someone being emotional in their report bothers you, well, as cliche as it sounds you need to grow up. it seriously takes the most minimal of effort to ignore the emotional side of the report and to instead just focus on the facts and discuss the facts in a mature manner. players are ALREADY emotional for fucks sake theyre making a report. if someone continuously keeps up the emotional shit then we can start telling them “hey the issue is being genuinely discussed and we’re engaging with you right now so try to keep a fair tone”. gee was that so hard? this happened when i /wrongfully/ banned duma and it happens way more often in the majority of quasi-reports we deal with thru steam/discord. if you think its a reasonable idea to punish someone for “the disrespecc” then you have a lot of work to do before youre fit to be handing out punishments. as someone who has been on the other side of these reports a few times there is nothing more infuriating than seeing this behavior.

well i guess i started rambling and should probably end it here. i just wanna end by saying i think vanster has many qualities that would make him a good admin, but right now we have a system where folks are clearly afraid/unwilling to speak out about someone who we have all shared whispers about regarding poor behavior. if anyone is beyond that, like we are seeing here, then i think we as a staff have some serious problems to work on. as fierce said this report goes far beyond the actions that happened on this one day and only showing the public our discussion about this one day and having the rest of the discussion behind closed doors does a disservice not only to those who have been affected by all admun abuse but it also does a disservice to all future admins who join our staff by hiding teachable moments for them to see and understand what being an admun is really about.

i mean come on a one week ban? theres just no way thats fair and the lack of admuns publicly saying as much is depressing as fuck because i know for a fact youre saying it in private

wow you managed to make a more compelling argument for your resignation in one sentence than i could in twelve paragraphs, congrats

edit: for anyone wondering why it looks like i replied to myself, this was the original response between my posts

Attachments

• 340F0AD0-1C8D-4B30-AE4A-278209440795.png
    340F0AD0-1C8D-4B30-AE4A-278209440795.png
    338.2 KB · Views: 72
Last edited:
When i was an admin , i really never liked punishing people way too much and there is a reason behind this. I really dont like how the ban system works . Lets say a guy has X bans in total , he didnt get banned for a long duration . And then he did something that he deserves to be banned for . The admin guidelines tell you that the duration of the ban increases depending on how many bans the guy has. Which makes no sense , fierce as an example in this case had 5 previous bans he didnt get any ban for a year and then he gets a 1 week ban even tho his last ban was only 4hours.
I really suggest taking in consideration other stuff like (when did he get banned last time,does this person play regularly on the server,can this person be helpful to the team in some occasions,does this person treat other players well) before banning .
Edit : bans should be situational , this is for example why i was against going harsh on people with bans during corona lockdown ( keeping bomec perma ebanned).

Last edited:
So lets start of with how i do my things and you people can judge me.

Admin inserting maps (when the nomlist is actually full and i cannot nominate a specific map)
Don't see any abuse in this and any admin can do this to.

For starters about the forcertv'ing part. I only forcertv once the Server rtv's itself.
On predator we extended the Map before but then won the map that round and seeing there was still 11-12min left on the clock i iniated a /mapvote.
What a mapvote does is simply start the vote for the nextmap which happens normally when there is 3 minutes left.
Forcertv forces the server to rtv and changes the map once the round is over (unless the people did rtv themselfs and then an admin would use it, then it would change the map immedially.)
I did -extend the Map afterwards because i saw how a majority of the players did not bother extending the Map themselfs but instead voted for convoy despite the fact that Fierce was also spamming in the chat to extend but yet nobody listened to him.
Thats for that however i will refrain from doing so in the future.

Now for the part about the Ban, again i was simply waiting for Fierce to do his appeal since i heard from others that he will appeal and i was well aware myself that 1 week was to much, anyways his ban was reduced to 1 day now and he is unbanned already.

Also Tendub regarding your opinions about stripping etc., i do not share your way of handing out punishments in that regard.
If a person is shooting a proop back or blocking his Teamates i would personally go for a direct slay and not with a strip since it sends a clearer warning for the person not to do it again. There is no guidelines for that but this will be looked at now and you can expect to see something on the Admin Guidelines sooner then you think.

well i think it’s quite clear that you view adminship as a position of power where you get to be judge jury and executioner of the server and its players. you would benefit from viewing yourself in a more realistic light, we’re essentially janitors dude. glorified janitors that get to have a little fun once in a while. we clean up after the players shit on the floor and spread it on the walls, and then we congratulate them on at least making it to the potty room this time. we don’t take them out back and shoot them, thats how you lose players.

if the only thing you took out of this is that you need to put excuses for your outbursts in writing to justify them as “just following orders mein furher” then id say you’ve totally missed the mark here. this isn’t a problem with vague admin guidelines but rather a problem with power going to people’s heads and a severe lack of transparency and respect to our players.

Here's my two cents on becoming/stepping up into administrative power in a full-on autistic ZE community full of memes:

- You either chill and take everything as a joke, while keeping some bare limit of rules to always enforce and keep the game playable (Unless it's Lifeblood of Zombie Escape hour)
- Or you take everything seriously from the moment you step up into power, and let it slowly get into your head, taking it as if this is some serious ass real life job.

Take a guess at which is better lol
In the later option, I guess you're still doing it right, though there's a limit to how much you'll handle. You're dealing with retards and kids in a game, this ain't a fucking job. You'll end up tilting yourself and everyone in here.
My suggestion is, take a fucking break every so often if you take this as serious.

Also fierce, you're a retard, all you did was WHINING. Legit, humongous fag. Is there anything else you can do besides whining and being a fag? Jesus christ. Instead of growing up into an adult you're turning more and more into a manchild.

And Vanster, I'd take some vacations from being head-admin if I were you. It's just gonna get worse from here on now.

baka twinpeaks among them
Angry and noob guys
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree with tendub
most admins look at ordinary players from a position of power
and tries to change the gameplay as they like and the voice of ordinary players
not always taken into account
I noticed that
ᕦ⊙෴⊙ᕤ ☜ (↼_↼) ಠ_ʖಠ

I wanted to wait for some replies and speaking to some higher-ups before deciding whether to reply on this topic, also was pretty busy this weekend. Looking at the shitstorm this thread created it seems like my stated problem is legitimate and requires discussion.

Honestly it pisses me off that most replies are too focused on the single event and even more on my action than the topic I wanted to tackle. How Vanster has been operating as an admin past months. Thank you William and Tendub for rephrasing my point. You have the saying “the straw that broke the camel’s back”. It’s not about that single evening or whatever. It’s about Vanster consistently forcing his will on the server with admin powers. I think this is why a lot of admin rules should be taken a look at again, because 90% of admins have decent human interaction skills and understand when you actually enforce something but a case as Vanster has more problems with this.

I think Neon and Blue Dragon could have taken my post a bit more serious instead of typing some weak attacks to devalue my point.

As for Tom you are a hypocrite. You expect me to put dozens of hours to find evidence to convey my point, even though you could actually play the game and see this shit from Vanster for yourself. As we read the comments the normal players literally take this Vanster problem more serious than most admins, so why would I waste all this time on proving something only to get laughed at by admins. All you need to see the Vanster problem is literally playing the game regularly. You see Vanster enforcing what he wants daily. Also I have the idea nobody really took into the matter because I barely even affected the rounds with the inflating. As always it’s a lot of talk from the admins but no effort to look into the matter. Comments on these thread are the reason why 95% of admin abuse cases aren’t even reported.

For you Middy do you have any clue how retarded your comment is? So you basically say an admin can only carry out an anarchy or join the SS. Afterwards you insult me on a personal level like you do with every post I do on this forum. If I ever wronged you I am sorry but you have always acted immaturely to me ever since I left EZE.

Also Vanster is basically digging his own grave in this thread. First he blatant lies about knowing his mistake about the 1 week ban and just wanted to formally reduce it to 1 day. I never typed to baka I was gonna make a ban appeal. Baka asked me and I said I was gonna drop a forum bomb. Also if you were so certain about your ban mistake you could have easily edited it instantly and maybe even apologized. Also I see not even an attempt of you to understand our side from the story. You also keep focusing on this single moment and not even able to comprehend you do this routinely and enforce to much your own will on the server. Not only when you are active but also by demanding stuff as map times, minas on admin nomlist so you decide when it’s played, etc. The way how you even type all this shows you have too much problems to even be able to understand another human being at all.

I honestly think there is not much to add. William and especially Tendub conveyed the point really well and I hope admins try to understand the point that I was trying to make so that Unloze can be improved.

Status
Not open for further replies.