New event kicker idea : Stick together team!

pickle

VIP
Nov 5, 2018
France
This thread is to share an idea I had few month ago for an event kicker, my idea is that every new round, a random player is selected to become "the leader", "the vip" or "der führer" call it as you want and basicly what this selected guy does is that he carries "a beacon" around him. (so if he moves the beacon moves with him).

What this does for the rest of the team is that if you leave the beacon you slowly take damages (number of damages adjustable to the situation) until you either get back into the "beacon" or eventually die.
This (at least to me) sounds like a refreshing kicker that could spice up some maps for an event (thinking about easy maps such as licciana, icecape or boatescape but also harder maps like frozen temple for example).

To indicate to the players that they are leaving the beacon, maybe their screen should flash red once and put a message on their screen like : "You left the Leader's reach get back inside it or you will take damages" when they leave the beacon.
To indicate to the players that they are entering the beacon, maybe their screen should flash green once when they get in the beacon range and put a message on their screen like : "You are now in the leader's reach, you won't take damages"

The kicker could be modified a bit to fit more to some other kind of maps where the team needs to split for exemple or go for triggers and here are some ideas or suggestions :

-Make it so the size of the beacon can be modified (smaller/bigger).
-Make it so there can be more than one "leader" selected each round for example, 2 if there is a need to split in the map.
-Make it so being in the beacon's range slowly heals you over time (healing speed values adjustable) (this way its still possible to go for triggers, (while having only one "leader") get to low hp and then comeback to the beacon to gain HP back).
-Make it so the random selection of the "leader" only selects leader that wanted to become leader (maybe add menu in the settings where the player can turn on/off the possibility of becoming leader with leader disabled for everyone when the plugin comes out).
-Make it so being in the beacon's range make you reload faster (maybe a bit too powerfull / hard to code).

Of course I don't know how to code/develope such a plugin so if any developer could look at this and tell me if its possible and the developer team could do it would be greatly appreciated.

If you have any question, suggestion or idea to modifie the kicker, comment them down below they will be more than welcomed.

I hope I didn't make too many grammar mistakes, that it wasn't too painfull to read and it was understandable, thanks for reading!

moon2S

Last edited:
Could be a good idea tbh, but this will lead to a lot of fail and trim.
Can't wait to try this :D

Reactions: pickle
- Is there a way to do the damage thing without slowing down cts as well due to the damage? Else it could be a problem/difficult in some maps. I'm thinking that there are scenariors where one person is forced to leave the beacon to quickly pick an item for instance.
- The maps have to be properly selected for this idea to work. For instance, I don't think it would work in a map like dark souls. Unless the person to trigger everything has his own beacon. Then it would be somewhat fun for the defence to navigate through the traps later on.

Generally I like the idea but I think there are minor details that has to be thought of if this is to work for more tryhard maps.

Reactions: Artūras and pickle
Yhea for now I mostly thought about this for the easiest maps where there is no real need for the team to go trigger/pick up an item far away from the rest of the team but as I said in the main post having more than one "beacon" could be an option to make this kicker viable for harder maps. (I think darksouls would be a really interesting map to try this on aswell as for survivors on the stages where you take damages in the cold. To some extent I think it would make some maps actually easier (thinking about survivors mostly))

And as you rightfully said I forgot the issue of damages slowing down CTs hopefully this issue can be fixed (I don't know if it would work like that, but it could be if instead of "dealing" damages when you are out of the beacon, your HP get reduced (like via admin command) cause I don't think changing the health in the manor would actually "count" as dealing damage and so it wouldn't slow down the player.)
@William! :D

Reactions: William! :D
I really like the idea and creativity, especially since it seems like a plugin which can easily be adjusted. If made, and works well (for certain maps of course), I can totally see a future where other kicker-type plugins would be very cool to have and use as well.

And kudos for going VIP themed, this isn't just about protecting the VIP, but the VIP actively taking part to make sure the whole team stays safe. (Not just doorhugging and letting the team do the rest of the work)

Already made a basic alpha version of the plugin. Can test tonight as soon as alcolo gets home.

Reducing hp without slowing is simple, i just modify the hp and dont work with damage inflicting (only if a client drops below 1 hp i slay them via force suicide). As for now it just checks your location every second. If you are close to the vip you gain 1 hp, if you are not you loose 1 hp. So basically with 125 max hp you could potentionally stay away for 2 minutes from the vip and survive (if you dont take any other damage). I think this might be too easy. Probably planning to reduce hp by 2 for staying away but keep gaining 1 hp when close. Like this you can only stay away for about a minute. we will see.

Already made a basic alpha version of the plugin. Can test tonight as soon as alcolo gets home.

Reducing hp without slowing is simple, i just modify the hp and dont work with damage inflicting (only if a client drops below 1 hp i slay them via force suicide). As for now it just checks your location every second. If you are close to the vip you gain 1 hp, if you are not you loose 1 hp. So basically with 125 max hp you could potentionally stay away for 2 minutes from the vip and survive (if you dont take any other damage). I think this might be too easy. Probably planning to reduce hp by 2 for staying away but keep gaining 1 hp when close. Like this you can only stay away for about a minute. we will see.
I was also thinking about making it extreme for an event like 10-15 dmg per second, this way it would really force the team to stay close to the leader at all time but if we want this kicker to be usable on more maps 2dmg/s sounds good. Thanks Dogan!

Reactions: Jan and 541m4n