What is your favorite movie?

FierceG

Renowned User
Aug 1, 2018
Netherlands
I'm a bit bored lol so why not make the classic off-topic thread.

My favorite movie may shift from day to day between a small core of movies I love to watch and I am sure any of these I can watch till the end of time. However there can only be one.
MV5BMTMxNTMwODM0NF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwODAyMTk2Mw@@._V1_.jpg

This movie is nearly flawless. I think the power for me about especially Nolan's batman approach is that every real "flaw" I think I have is where Batman differs from me, sort of like an idol.
He is a billionaire. He can be a playboy all day and night, nail most hotties across the globe, go to the best parties, chill in many different villa's and just do whatever rich guys do. Yet he goes out every night putting his life on the line. Neither does he believe in "an eye for an eye", he doesn't kill to spare people from the same faith he had. His ideals might be fundamentally naive, but his unconditional trust to Gotham's citizens is what makes it great. Batman is only the missing link towards an end-goal of a metropole without major crime.

What is there left to say about the Joker. Truly the best depiction I have ever seen, even the Arkham and standalone movie versions can't touch this. Truly the best attention-whore villain ever that does everything in style.

This movie fuses so well on all departments. Every scene is worth to watch and this with a 3-hour length. Dialogue, music, acting, real effects, etc. It saddens me that Marvel never bothered to take this movie as the foundation on how to make superhero movies, but who could touch the Bat anyway. The most interesting hero of all-time.

The ending is just perfection:

So what is your favorite movie?

Difficult to pick one movie so I'll just list a few. I have too many movies that I love.

The Usual Suspects

It's ability to take a very simple plot and then pile it with layers of details only to pull them all away again had me hooked. Brilliant editing. Also a very quotable movie

Once Upon a Time in the West
Probably because of my bias for spaghetti western movies. Features some of the best soundtracks by Ennio Morricone. "The Good, the Bad and the Ugly" is also worthy to mention here. The 3 hours before the epic finale makes it all worth it.

12 Angry Men
This entire movie is set in one single room only and still leaves you hooked to it, as well as make you constantly guess and change your mind

Oldboy
Only because of that raw hallway fight. Maybe also cause of it's dark twists

Requiem for a Dream
There is not one single movie out there that will leave you more devastated than this one. This movie is just a big, steep and depressing downhills slope. It is just crushing. Yet amazing.

The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King
Just amazing in every single way. 10/10 will cry at the end

Some nightmare fuel; Peter Jackson's recreation of a lost scene from 1933 King Kong:

For me its sharknado series . Its a must watch for everyone who likes to smoke green and laugh at the terrible movie. :lul:

P.S. I think Heath Ledger was best joker. Agree?

Reactions: tom13king
Idk if it's my favourite movies per se, but I often return to these films:

The LotR trilogy - They are not exactly perfect adaptations of the books, but they don't have to be because the filmmaking is absolutely perfect

Alien (1979), Aliens (1986) - First one has the weird sexual themes going on, and it remains an extremely suspenseful thriller. The latter is more of an action movie, but the execution is just flawless

Blade Runner (1982) - Wanna see Harrison Ford mope around for two hours in a rainy, dystopian, cyberpunk Los Angeles? Yeah, me neither

If I had to pick a movie that ticks all boxes for what could be considired the all-time great, then I think it would be 2001: A Space Odyssey

P.S. I think Heath Ledger was best joker. Agree?

Nah, I think Heath, Jack Nicholson and Joaquin Phoenix are all great in their own way, no one is necesseraily better than the other

My favorite is either Shutter island or the good, the bad and the ugly or a beautiful mind

Shutter island is the perfect mystery for me, you know something is up but you aren't sure what it is. It's a bit like reading H.P Lovecraft's books or watching Deliverance, people are unfriendly and unhelpful towards strangers and they live in their own seperated community doing suspicious things. When a clue is presented it's either a huge risk or it disappears into thin air

The good, the bad and the ugly is just a really simple western with some amazing musical compositions, but it's all done really well, just 3 cowboys looking for a hidden treassure while trying to reach it before the other 2 does

A beautiful mind movie based on a real person. Movie takes place during the cold war but it's focus is on a mathematician that dechipehers secret USSR messages. A bit like Shutter Island can't explain a lot without spoiling the movie

Silent Hill (Both parts)
This is pretty decent horror movie, I also love this trilogy. It has some weird scenes and scary ones.

Transformers 1, 2, 3 and 4
These movies are all good, I loved transformers saga all the time, I even watched cartoon version when l was young. Lot of actions, interesting story, great CGI and great music.

There is like 10 more movies I like the most, but I wont list them.

I don't really have a favourite film, but I am going to be bold here because my favourite film series/company is Studio Ghibli films since they're animated.

First time I watched was Porco Rosso and Princess Mononoke and it strived me to love Studio Ghibli films from today still.

:awoodance:

Princess Mononoke is an amazing film :D.

I tried watching Tokyo godfathers but didn't get very far...

The untouchables - it's about the cops who managed to pin crimes on the crime lord Al Capone and bring him down.

The Gladiator - one of Russell's Crowes greatest films imo, lots of great actors, great music, interesting plot.

For horror movies, none of them beat The Exorcist (1973 verison).

Reactions: Dazhkar
I have a really good series to suggest that it's on Netflix The Rain. It's a series about a virus