Suggestion: Make sm_jumps public

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 24, 2017
Hello guys.

I wanted to suggest something and hear you guys thoughts on it. As the title already says, I wanted to suggest to make the sm_jumps command public. Why? well.. couple reasons.. It might discourage people from using their scripts/autohotkey/spacebar spammer if they know anyone can just check up on their stats as opposed to the cheaters only being afraid of admins. It's also convenient for non admin players. If anyone suspect someone of cheating they could just check the stats themselves rather than having to call the admin for each suspicion. And in general, people that like to bhop often like to check their perf rate to see how good they're doing. Other than that I can't really think of a good reason not to have it public. The pro's outweigh the cons if you'd ask me.

So ye, what are you guys thoughts on this. Let me know!

Peace. o/

how does it matter if random people and bhop hackers have access to the command?
if a random player come, start to bhop with his script/hack, others player will start typing !jumps random_guy

he will then try it himself, notice that the server got detection for bhop hack/script, and disable his hack/script or leave the server before getting banned.

type anything in tchat with a ! and other people will try it to see if it's a real command, and will type it.

if a random player come, start to bhop with his script/hack, others player will start typing !jumps random_guy

he will then try it himself, notice that the server got detection for bhop hack/script, and disable his hack/script or leave the server before getting banned.

Ye as I said, it discourages people from using their cheats. sounds like a good thing to me. It takes only 1 person to make a screenshot/demo of a cheaters jumpstats. It could discourage them even when the server is low pop without admins.

edit; @MEEP

Its not really pay2win (like the fking fall damage :^) ) but I understand its another donators insentive that would be lost. I made this thread thinking it was an admin only command. Still think there would be some pros to consider from making it public. In the end its only a suggestion. I don't care much about the outcome.

Last edited:
type anything in tchat with a ! and other people will try it to see if it's a real command, and will type it.

That's why I use / instead of ! for commands. Using / hides the command. Everyone should do that. Chat won't get spammed that much with !kevlar, !he etc....

Reactions: Dino and Neon
Yeah sometimes higher up forget to give some access to Advisors.
Will be fixed soon I guess :)

Status
Not open for further replies.