Steam Summer Sale Haul/Recommendations

tom13king Jun 29, 2020 at 11:27 PM

1. tom13king

tom13king Admin Admin VIP

Post the games you consoomed for the Summer Sale and post your recommendations.

My haul: BAD8406E-654F-49A0-9361-10C3C04AD39B.jpeg

My recommendations:

- Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines

- Earth Defence Force 5

- Blood: Fresh Supply

- Doom Classic Complete bundle (although you can just download them for free on the internet and use a source port).

- Any Half Life game

- Postal 2

- Stalker: Shadow of Chernobyl

2. Glacius

Glacius The Frosty One Senior Developer VIP

Nothing.
    Steam is a shit platform now.

3. Jan

Jan Mashallah VIP

It is getting fancy now. But there are always games on epicgames

4. Tom

Tom Catmin Admin

Me: I can't wait for Steam summer sale! I always wanted to buy all Mafia games but had no money! Let's do it now
    Steam:
    [​IMG]

uwu police, -Hudda and tom13king like this.
  5. Jan

Jan Mashallah VIP

6. Exodus

Exodus ex nihilo nihil fit Retired Admin VIP

Red Dead Redemption 2
    I love Western-themed games and after reading the metacritic review, couldnt really help myself buying it.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. tom13king

Nice one Steam :staringtom:
    I also remember my friend telling me about the time the CoD franchise was 4% off xd

Tom likes this.
  8. Migza

Migza Admin Admin VIP

@tom13king Picture of your screen instead of screenshot and it's fucking sideways. My head hurts. :angerynut:

9. TheSilentBang

TheSilentBang Admin Admin

What makes you say this? :thonk::feelstardman:

Tom likes this.
  10. FierceG

FierceG Renowned User Member

They also modified the business model of the Steam Sales?
    I remember back in the day you had basically 24 hour sales and sometimes even 1 hour sales, which made you check the website non-stop.
    I haven't really checked these sales past years but looks like everything is now on sale all at once?

Tom and Bane like this.
  11. tom13king

It’s a pic I took on my phone :feelstardman:

12. Glacius

Glacius The Frosty One Senior Developer VIP

Yeah. It's absolute aids. I fucking hate the gold profile too, it's eye cancer.
    The new friend list is trash. Having multiple tabs open is now fucked to deal with.
    The chat is a buggy fucking mess. Sometimes when you close your game the windows become unresponsive.
    It takes several seconds to alt tab back to your chat outside of using the in-game overlay.
    Shit is cluttered with useless emoji and now animated garbage.
    Categorising friends into neat lists is a fucking train-wreck.
    Steam support is bottom tier, as it's always been.

Exodus, Tom and Jan like this.
  13. -Hudda

-Hudda Meatropolian Senior Admin

Lmao, I thought I was the only one experiencing all these. Steam has been really fucking laggy for me the past couple of years.

14. William! :D

William! :D Plumber in a world of perfect pipes Advisor Member

Get the witcher collection if you haven't played those games. You won't regret it.

Tom and Jan like this.
  15. Tom

Tom Catmin Admin

Steam support helped me to restore my account two times. However, I agree that sometimes it took them maybe a week to respond.
    But your point about Steam Friends and chat is indeed understandable. It's been ages since Steam Friends was introduced as a beta functionality and officially went live a couple of months after that with the same bugs we saw in the beta release. Fixing this doesn't seem to be a big issue, especially with that amount of money and time they had, that's true.
    But hating Steam only because of this? Really? Hating Steam because it's not 100% perfect? Hating Steam while there's Epic Games Store that bribes studios and dictates us where to buy games and where to not? The interface in EGS, btw, is far worse tbh. You can't even leave a review for a game you've played or, most importantly, read reviews written by others prior to buying.
    Although Steam has its own drawbacks, we shouldn't forget about its advantages and benefits. How ever bad Steam might be, there's currently no better PC gaming platform and we have to deal with it.

TheSilentBang likes this.
  16. Jan

Jan Mashallah VIP

Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Game of the Year Edition so worth it! 70% off steam

William! :D, FierceG and Tom like this.
-->