!sm plugin

Kaby

KEK
VIP
Oct 11, 2016
hello everyone, it would be great if you could make the !sm plugin permanent. its the same ppl that keep spamming on the mic, and you have to mute them on every new map, every new day again. since the muting list in css doesnt work and admins are not willing to mute ppl with a soundboard (just use !sm if you dont like it). that would really improve the unloze experience. i also think it would be less work for admins, so its a win/win situation for admins/players. btw i dont get why it should be only for the duration of 1 map. let me hear your thoughts. best regards ming

sm doesnt just mute, it also gag

meaning you lose the "connection" with specific player until you !su them (people dont usually !su unless they !sm as a joke)

what if you sm someone once, and you never ever hear or read what that person say anymore, and you dont even notice that you had them sm-ed ? that can be a problem in map gameplay (leading a map).

and for admins warning players, that would be an even bigger problem.

- "we warned you yet you didnt stop, so we banned you"
- "I didnt see any warning"

If you really wanna mute player forever, you can try the css 'player list' option of the menu. It mostly works (it was not always reliable which is why !sm got created/added in the first place).

just make sure that after selecting someone to be muted, press the Close button, or it may not apply the change.

if you choose to sm someone obv you want to loose "connection". its not a problem at all since you normally mute ppl that are annoying not ppl leading maps. those are not the same ppl at all. as i said before the mute function of the steam player list doesnt work properly, thats why this change is requested.

i think its good what Ming is saying here. some people you never ever want to hear again. thats totally fine. but then with the admin thing, yeah.

Everyday you have to manually mute them yeah and everymap, couldnt you make it like, you !sm (name) that person for the whole connection time that youre on the server, even if the map changes? would be good i guess.

you can make yourself a bind or alias of people to mute

so you can mute a list of steamid

Create a. cfg file, and enter into it all the steamids of the players you want to hook up (in this format, sm_sm #STEAM_0_0_123456789) and activate this config (exec name.cfg) every time you visit the server. You can make a bind for convenience

The list of retards to perma !sm or at least permamute them for life
MiCK
ZED
Pyro le whatever his name is
Harry Turner
CPU._.

Last edited:
i have told you on the server a while ago about something that you could regarding the unknown issue of the mutes being removed for no reason, you could test that as i'm still not 100% sure about it. when you mute ppl from player list the game generates a DT file named "voice_ban", the file is located in your cstrike folder, the file contains the STEAM3ID of the player, for some reason that file can get lost, so you could try doing this :
first mute the players you want them to be muted and then go to that file properties and tick "read-only", but since i'm still not aware of an editor that would properly edit those DT files (in notepad ++ it shows the steamid but with many "nul" tags and weird things so i'm not sure if it would work by only putting the steamid without the other 'faulty?' things) you have to untick "read-only" in order to add new mutes, i have stopped muting/self muting ppl since a while and for the small amount of time i tested this it worked well but i can't asure any results yet.

Reactions: masotflikr
hello everyone, it would be great if you could make the !sm plugin permanent. its the same ppl that keep spamming on the mic, and you have to mute them on every new map, every new day again. since the muting list in css doesnt work and admins are not willing to mute ppl with a soundboard (just use !sm if you dont like it). that would really improve the unloze experience. i also think it would be less work for admins, so its a win/win situation for admins/players. btw i dont get why it should be only for the duration of 1 map. let me hear your thoughts. best regards ming
The easiest way is to use the inbuilt player list and mute.
If you don't have JanHud installed, just add this code to "steamapps\common\Counter-Strike Source\cstrike\custom\JanHudRed\resource/Gamemenu.res"
Code:
    "18"
    {
        "label" "#GameUI_GameMenu_PlayerList"
        "command" "OpenPlayerListDialog"
        "OnlyInGame" "1"
    }
Screenshot 2021-08-18 123457.png

also make the command invisible in the chat , ppl get rlly annoyed when they see someone sm'ed them

AWW NYOO IM to lazy to type !sm plz make it permanent so my little lazy fingers can rest aaaaaaa plz make it permanent

Reactions: Ajax