Server Settings

Schicksal

Well-Known User
Dec 28, 2016
Hey to everyone,

I would like to ask if we could change some things on the server depending on certain maps. Some guys in the server are not really enjoying the gameplay since Unloze is using double ammo for all weapons and with the rebuys (others and me are using rebuy binds it’s almost like we are having unlimited ammo). For example if I would use the m249 which has 200bullets + the rebuys which gives me in under 5sec again 200bullets and again rebuy. You guys surely understand what I wanted to say. Also another problem is the awp users. If there are like 7 zombies and half of the team uses awp you guys will surely understand where it goes especially on big maps likeWestersand/Paramina/Wanderers Palace/Gris and some more. In my opinion the awps should be restricted.

With this CT settings double ammo / insta rebuy and this knockback it is really hard to play for the zombies. What it comes down to is that these things make it very hard (unfair) for the zombies to actually do anything to win the round. I know alot of players that will just go to spec when they are starting as a zombie just because how hard it is to be a zombie.

So what could be changed? If maybe you dont want to change these CT settings maybe you could do something with the bhop for zombies to give them a chance to actually do something in the rounds.

I would like to ask if we could change the settings depending on which maps we are playing.

Like I have mentioned before on Maps likeParamina/Westersand/Convoy/Santassination/Castlevania/Frostdraketower/… some things need to be changed. Since the active mappers care about their maps they try to change things to balance their maps for every server which is left. We players try to give them information what could be better and what could be changed. But on the other hand maps like Sorrento/Biohazard…./Licciana…/Indiana Jones/Atix Panic/Jurassic Park/…. don´t need double ammo at all. Those maps are easy and with these settings even easier as long nobody edges or trolls. So if we could use maybe i3d settings at those maps since they were more challenging, people would have more fun then I think. Also about the zombie skins and knockback I am not sure why there are some vip skins with almost no knockback. I think it´s because of the double ammo to balance the zombie team but at the moment I don´t think it is good enough balanced for the zombie team. I think if there is a way mixing i3d settings with Unloze settings which would make the server better.

So that’s all I wanted to say. Maybe it will be a lot of work to do but if you guys could consider it, it would be nice for a lot of people.

Thanks for reading and taking your time.

Greetings Schicksal

Personally i think that the double ammo is like a trademark for unloze, so if i had to choose i would remove the rebuy function. Im almost 100% sure that AWP was planned to be restricted on every map.
AWP is literally only fun on nemesis (where anything goes) and some random old maps. Should be a blanket restriction with unrestrictions where possible but we should leave this up to the community to decide like we always have on server settings.

Personally I like the rebuy fonction and the double ammo, we play With this since a long time and except some ppl who dont like that and tried to make a poll for that (and it failed everytime) the other part of the community pretty much enjoy it :)

So like I said it's a no for me :D

You should do a poll for disabling rebuy on specific maps (mostly staged one), that would balance them a little.
Keep double ammo, since it's the "trademark" like vortex said.
It help to beat bosses faster, and defend easily but without rebuy, it will be more fair for zombies

Reactions: Exodus
If you ask me, the settings are quite balanced. The current ratio of team wins is 2/1 for the zombies, approximately.
The try-hard just blossoms here, so obviously the settings feel easy. I've never had a problem playing as zombie.
Well, maybe in some maps, it can get tedious, but we need to easy maps as well. And people get cocky when they think it's easy.

Reactions: ZeGaWa
I think double ammo is a good idea, but like schicksal i don't like the rebuy command. It would be more fair for zombies if it will be disabled.

When I first came to Unloze I was really concerned about 'that shitty double ammo thing' but after a while I got used to it and think it would be best to keep it (like the votes in the past showed us). Disabling weapon rebuy (but keep sm_he and sm_kevlar) could be a good idea to test for a trial period.

Concerning the many occasions I have been crying about AWPs to Higher-Ups, my attitude towards that weapon should be clear :D

As an AWP user, I would really appreciate it, if we could keep this weapon on the server.
I mean it is only available on a small number of maps anyway, e.g. Westersand and even then you have to switch to a P90 on the boss fights. This brings me to my next point.
Just like Neon said, we should keep nade and kevlar but maybe everyone should have one weapon rebuy, if it is possible to be implemented in the server. My main reason for this is that sometimes you need to change weapons for different hold points / boss fights. Sure, you can hold with a P90 or TMP everywhere but an M249 or an M3 can be better at times. :)
I also think that we should keep unlimited pistol or pistol ammo rebuys, because there are items on a few maps with only one clip of ammo, which makes the item pistol rather useless.

About "that double ammo thing", I already spoke my mind in a different thread. We should keep that, because it makes the server unique. (And it makes Westersand and Paramina a little more challenging, because of the 30% boss hp increase).

The only reason why AWPs are enabled on some maps is because of new map uploads without a config.
Many higher-ups upload maps to the server and fastDL, but don't make appropriate configs to the new maps.
[Internalized Oppression]

Edit:
ghoX, we're open to suggestions from anyone who is a part of the community.
You can post requests / etc into the polls section of ZE forums.

Reactions: Migza
Hey guys,

Thanks for replying my post.

First of all I have to say again since big maps like Paramina/Westersand/UT_Convoy/Gris/… are hard to play and the mappers are active and increasing hp bar etc(like ghox said) to make it more balanced on their own map depending on the server settings, we should have double ammo there. What I more wanted to say on these maps awp users are in my opinion way more in advantage than the zombies. The reason? Those maps have paths which are about going straight on and defending behind. Those paths are having long distances and playing with an awp there makes it unfair towards the zombies. I can´t understand why you would not restrict the awps therefore. Yes double ammo should stay definitely on those maps like I have said before the mappers are balancing the maps on the server settings.

Now for old school maps. Someone give me good reasons why we would need double ammo on old school maps. Those maps are better playable with awps since the ways going through the maps are not that long (on most old school maps), so it’s not a big benefit there. Old school maps are easy (most) and like I have mentioned before in my post those maps are even easier with rebuys/double ammo function, same rebuy function counts on stage maps. I know it might be Unloze “trademark” but isn´t there any way to lower the ammo on old school maps and keep it on stage maps.

AND SAYING AGAIN 1 FUCKING BULLET DOES 1 DAMAGE AT STAGE MAP BOSSES. DON´T THINK AWP BULLETS ARE DOING 800DMG!!!!

Reactions: Migza and D()G@N
Already addressed the AWP thing.
As for old school maps and double ammo, it'd turn into a clown fiesta without it as knockback has been adjusted to the longer clips.
Disabling double ammo on certain maps only isn't possible either (Zuff correct me if I'm wrong) since it doesn't utilize a plugin.

However, feel free to make a suggestion poll about anything. That's how changes are handled on Unloze.