Replace ze_random_v9?

Replace ze_random_v9 with ze_random_V10_fix ?

• Yes

Votes: 17 63.0%
  • No

Votes: 10 37.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

egyFM

Fukei
Feb 22, 2017
Lyons, France
On Unloze, you can play Random v9. It's a good map. But why are we playing it when we could instead have the v10? It's been available on Gamebanana for quite some time.

We used to play on on i3D, and it was alright. A lot of minor bugs and shortcuts have been fixed. Also some levels have more features - on the elevator level, you actually drop off the balcony.

So... How about we go with v10? :3

On Unloze, you can play Random v9. It's a good map. But why are we playing it when we could instead have the v10? It's been available on Gamebanana for quite some time.

We used to play on on i3D, and it was alright. A lot of minor bugs and shortcuts have been fixed. Also some levels have more features - on the elevator level, you actually drop off the balcony.

So... How about we go with v10? :3
on v9 you also drop from the balcony, but I edited out (from both version) because that part crash clients.
And I fixed all major shortcut in v9 (those that would kill non glitcher ct)

But ye I guess v10 could be better

Reactions: jenz and Migza
A lot of people (including me ^^) prefer the V9 version which is why its still being played I guess ^^

Why not have both versions on rotation and let people choose which one to nominate. If one of them gets played the other one gets on cooldown as well. Sounds perfect no?

Reactions: egyFM and D()G@N
There is actually an updated ze_random made by the original author, it has 3 extra levels and some updated levels. I have no idea why its not played:

http://gamebanana.com/maps/183347

I checked your HL stats and it looks like its not been played on the server before.

ze_random_escape_b6

The newly recreated Random from the ground up with 12 levels in total

Fight to escape as you're randomly teleported to 3 of the 12 maps
=================================================================

Spawn -- Box with a Light in it
=======================================
- 30 second starting spawn and transitional area between levels to repurchase gear to prepare for the random teleporter

Level 1 -- Classic
==============
- Hold off the zombie in a classic Zombie Mod office until teleported to next level

Level 2 -- Open Field
===================
- Group up or run solo to survive the Slender Forest until teleported to next level

Level 3 -- Fail Nade
==================
- Split up and hold both sides of the sewer or group as one until the zombie drain pipes open, land a nade in both pipes to flush the zombies away

Level 4 -- Carpet Escape
======================
- Run or take a magic carpet ride to escape the infected palace

Level 5 -- IceCap Escape
======================
- Listen well as you revisit the frozen wasteland and its to escape 1 of 3 ways

Level 6 -- City Night Escape
==========================
- Careful not to fall as you escape the skyscraper by taking an elevator ride to the helicopter rescue zone

Level 7 -- Zombie Death Run
=========================
- Survive the zombie traps and escape the temple before its curse gets reaches you

Level 8 -- Couch Escape
=====================
- The only way to escape is by guiding a couch to the exit tunnel by breaking the couch only barricades

Level 9 -- Interstellar Escape 9
==============================
- Escape the black hole along the interstellar railroad moving from train to train until you reach the Final Express

Level 10 -- Volcano Escape
=======================
- Hold off the zombies until you're able to activate the central alter by making it to all 4 sacrificial alters

Level 11 -- Green Hill Escape
==========================
- Escape this nostalgia trip by making it to the Goal Post

Level 12 -- Zomeal Escape (Boss)
=============================
- Fight against the evil empire to escape the falling kingdom in the clouds

Version b5
==========
- Major/Minor glitch and bug fixes

Version b6
==========
- Again Major/Minor glitch and bug fixes

Reactions: Nivinski
Well... That b6 looks way more interesting. o.O
We should test it sometime.

EDIT: Yeah. I should've expected there was a reason why b6 wasn't available for nomination.

Last edited:
sorry to tell you lambda but i and some other players here are very well aware of ranbom b6. The map has a lot of glitches, an extremely boring end and game modes which are unplayable.

The map can crash the server, there are broken teleports bringing players back at the beginning of some stages and some game modes like the sonic stage are unplayable due to the speed & gravity increase making it impossible to deffend against zombies.

sorry to tell you lambda but i and some other players here are very well aware of ranbom b6. The map has a lot of glitches, an extremely boring end and game modes which are unplayable.

The map can crash the server, there are broken teleports bringing players back at the beginning of some stages and some game modes like the sonic stage are unplayable due to the speed & gravity increase making it impossible to deffend against zombies.

No problem - I was just going by the change log. I thought the mapper fixed any bugs but looks like they never fixed it.

Last edited:
That's actually quite funny, now that I think about it. Mapper added more Sonic, and somehow the map got buggier.
Who would have thought? :wlenny:

Status
Not open for further replies.