Announcement Real change

jenz

UNLOZE Founder
Leader
Oct 11, 2016
denmarkland
Its been a while since i made one of these threads, god time goes by.

So. After that several higher ups monitored the server from the beginning of 2018 until now we came to the conclussion that some real change had to be done due to population decline.

We are currently doing a test Period with limited no-steam access. The idea is that we that way have more people on around the clock. Ussualy the server is just filled from 16:00 to 22:00 and the rest of the day its rather empty.

This should bring an upflow of new players outside of the time where the server is already full.

Nosteamers cannot take normal player slots away, zacade (with help from botox maybe) is working on an API/ or simple plugin so that if the server reaches 55 players only normal steam users can connect. (The API contains several other features)

In the same maner the Kick system will be modified to prioritize kicking nosteamers first.

As somebody also mentioned a while ago on gflclan.ru: "the nosteam css community is bigger than the actual css community".

Some people will be unhappy about this decision however as the heads of this community we see this as necessary for keeping the baseline of the community going: the ze server and mg server.

If the servers are dead there is not much point left in a community to be honnest. So many communities already did that: Staff does nothing -> server dies -> people complain on forum -> nothing happens ->revival thread here -> revival thread there. But nothing ever happens of that.

As i already talked with @zaCade about we might also enable the nosteam on MG, but before doing that we need to talk with dazkhar and whoever else he thinks should be included.

Thats all this post is about. We give it a try for some time and see how it goes.

After some time when the majority of the community formed their opinion on the topic we will decide if we keep it or not.

There will be a new way to give vip reward and after a donation, or non steam cant buy vip at all ?

Great idea jenz.Eufrag used to have similar method back in 2014.Server was always active and alive.

*Proceeds to write a long sophisticated comment about the current problem at hand*

I can't really understand this sudden change. It's obvious enough that the server has an older demographic and that's why the server gets active from 16:00-22:00 still i wonder why people are so fixated on a number. Feels a bit like a gametracker competition if anything. I'm not against this system but something that comes to mind is are these nosteam players from eastern Europe? Because it might just become a community replacement instead

Though if we want a new stream of players we should promote map creation more and almost adopt a similar ranking system that gflclan.ru currently uses. It's more of keeping things fresh while we still can

3UM1Irp.jpg

So it begins

i respect your post fully kaka but getting things to run stronger now a days is so damn hard in this game

Reactions: Kaka
No steamers can't even use voice chat xD
That's a correct decision, I was going to suggest it when I was reading the thread. Because I remember that bunch of schoolboys on NiDe screaming in their mics and telling shit. It was annoying as fuck. And as @Kaka has already said, some of them won't be talking English if they come to us.

Also, will the no-steamers be able to pick up items, for example? Because if yes, they might simply download CSS, connect, troll, get banned, reinstall CSS, and then repeat.

What about the names with links, advertisements? I think they should be forced to change their nicknames before being able to connect to the server, otherwise we can't address them by their standard names. Or at least, their names should be changed automatically, e.g. "BAD NAME", "(1)BAD NAME" etc.

Yea i realized that about that how hard you worked on the csgo server and even the source server as well. It's just kinda hard for me to accept. This is a good community with a lot of talented people in it. It just feels weird to go for a desperate option like this.

I'm just worried since this is a big change to the server and it may bring consequences but sure let's try this for a period of time and hear what the majority has too say about it. It may even be for the best

It seems a good idea to me!

Due do the population decline, I also have some ideas, but i don't know if you already do that to be honest.

Do you guys promote the server elsewhere then this forum? It might be interesting to promote it on CSS groups on Facebook (if they exist), on Youtube (creating Unloze channel, for example), etc. After all, the problem is not just promoting the server, but promoting ZE in itself, so it might work. But like i said, those are just some ideas that came to my mind. Hope your idea works Jenz!

It seems a good idea to me!

Due do the population decline, I also have some ideas, but i don't know if you already do that to be honest.

Do you guys promote the server elsewhere then this forum? It might be interesting to promote it on CSS groups on Facebook (if they exist), on Youtube (creating Unloze channel, for example), etc. After all, the problem is not just promoting the server, but promoting ZE in itself, so it might work. But like i said, those are just some ideas that came to my mind. Hope your idea works Jenz!
it would be neat to have something like the sourcejump channel, but for ze

I think its great to enable NOSTEAM, as it opens a market for new players, not good players but still players, which can get good in time.
Many like me started CSS on nosteam and ended up buying or being gifted CSS later on.

It's not all sunshine and rainbows, you get trolls, cheaters, scammers but with proper handling you can manage it. (plugins and admins)
And a community willing to help out both the new players and server admins.
Making a Facebook or Instagram page and advertising it is something I would give a go.

I'm not really playing ZE for more than 2 years, only occasionally join in to play a map, but I see its left with 2 servers - Unloze and GFL. Hope you guys make it, keep it alive!

Wish you the best.