Rant

They were designed with whoever was testing the map at the time in mind so yes, because they have to. If a map isn't doable by high ping players then it becomes very hard for low ping players, and no sane mapper wants that.
So yes it wasn't designed or balanced around everyone having 0 ping, why do you think we melt through bosses like guardian so much quicker now, our aim just got better?

I responded in the 0 ping topic since this might concern more maps aside from westersand.

Maps are not going to be made artificially harder for the 1% who enjoy them solely for solo wins / only play certain maps and only those maps because they don’t actually enjoy zombie escape, but instead choose to mapfag the same maps forever.
/thread

the majority plays ff maps for another solo win. maps should be made for the majority not for the 20% that want another boring team win.

good players arent satisfied with a team win. because team wins means it wasnt hard to win. only good players are able to get a lot of solos and thats the competition on ff maps. thats what makes them great the laser trims all the garbage players.

Reactions: Brook and FierceG
the majority plays ff maps for another solo win. maps should be made for the majority not for the 20% that want another boring team win.

good players arent satisfied with a team win. because team wins means it wasnt hard to win. only good players are able to get a lot of solos and thats the competition on ff maps. thats what makes them great the laser trims all the garbage players.

The majority dont play for solo wins. You might want to consider that they play it for FUN. How can you think that the majority who gets trimmed by lazers to begin with have their sights set on solos when they cant even survive the lazers to begin with? Tying to make settings that bring about solofag situations has done nothing other that kill off maps. It just doesnt fuckin work, people have been trying this shit for years and it fucking doesnt work. Increasing boss hp/ decreasing zombie knockback/ bhop all increase team based difficulty, which means expect more losses and the remaining wins will be more team based. Increase individual based difficulty such as harder/faster lazers, and you slowly push toward isolating a map and making it less and less popular because it only appeals to a small selection of uber-tryhards. Best example of this was the minas fiasco, with all the "elites" leaving the server en masse on stage 8 because they didn't have 500 pts to get white knight, which was their key to soloing.

If "good" players think team wins are boring thats their own autistic problem. Getting a solo doesn't make dodging lazers harder, and the mentality behind this is literally "I feel better about myself because other people failed" rather than "I feel like I went above what I usually accomplish" If you want greater individual challenge you're best bet is to go onto the training maps or do minigames/surf/bhop maps or even play another game all together. Problem is, there aint audience there to show off how skilled you are, which is why they all jump onto zombie escape instead. Then they play the same effing map for years which they have mastered and when someone else starts to approach their safe space they feel threatened and worried that they arent going to be special anymore. Solos were never harder to begin with, they were a coincidence that got overhyped and now its meme status is just cancer with people purposely fucking over their teammates because they think it takes extra skill to do so.

God i wish rexy was back with his 360 lazer dodges. Actually i take that back, dude did a shitton of teamkillin with his pursuit of the solo too.

Last edited:
The majority dont play for solo wins. You might want to consider that they play it for FUN. How can you think that the majority who gets trimmed by lazers to begin with have their sights set on solos when they cant even survive the lazers to begin with? Tying to make settings that bring about solofag situations has done nothing other that kill off maps. It just doesnt fuckin work, people have been trying this shit for years and it fucking doesnt work. Increasing boss hp/ decreasing zombie knockback/ bhop all increase team based difficulty, which means expect more losses and the remaining wins will be more team based. Increase individual based difficulty such as harder/faster lazers, and you slowly push toward isolating a map and making it less and less popular because it only appeals to a small selection of uber-tryhards. Best example of this was the minas fiasco, with all the "elites" leaving the server en masse on stage 8 because they didn't have 500 pts to get white knight, which was their key to soloing.

If "good" players think team wins are boring thats their own autistic problem. Getting a solo doesn't make dodging lazers harder, and the mentality behind this is literally "I feel better about myself because other people failed" rather than "I feel like I went above what I usually accomplish" If you want greater individual challenge you're best bet is to go onto the training maps or do minigames/surf/bhop maps or even play another game all together. Problem is, there aint audience there to show off how skilled you are, which is why they all jump onto zombie escape instead. Then they play the same effing map for years which they have mastered and when someone else starts to approach their safe space they feel threatened and worried that they arent going to be special anymore. Solos were never harder to begin with, they were a coincidence that got overhyped and now its meme status is just cancer with people purposely fucking over their teammates because they think it takes extra skill to do so.

God i wish rexy was back with his 360 lazer dodges. Actually i take that back, dude did a shitton of teamkillin with his pursuit of the solo too.

Funny cuz the server is always dead when these teammaps are played that rely heavily on team and when maps are played that rely heavily on individual skill the server gets fuller and fuller (these don't necessarily have to be tryhard laser maps, but can be as simple as racing around on potc or whatever). NiDe had one of the best strategies for this in that most things that rely on individual skill are possible to do yet removing over-team reliance by having easier general settings such as high knockback, strong grenades, etc.
If I read your part the server that should be alive shouldn't even have bhop on. You are maybe good at talking but as most respondents of this topic have no clue where the fuck you are talking about. Even being so disrespectful to say that every round on ze is the same and that 20 winners or 1 winner rounds are exactly the same where u have no control over and just randomly happen unless u troll. U think amount of winners is the same with 1 or 10 lasers?
Also I wasn't even asking to make the map harder, just the same experience as we had many years ago when this was really popular. Also if u think everyone on that map doesn't want some challenge a simple press on tab would prove you wrong. And Minas is a forgotten joke because it's actual rng. The zombies decide who wins not your skill.

Reactions: Brook

its funny how all the guys liked your post that arent good at the game. are you telling me that everyone can always survive lasers if he want to and if he dies he just died because he didnt care. your response is naive and ignorant. nah you need to have skill to survive always and you need to have the eye to see when you have the chance for a solo.

there are guys that solo all the time thats no coincidence that got overhyped its skill. you feel better because you proved that youre better than everyone else nothing wrong about that. mako is a solo map for example and its the most popular map in css ze. server is always full when its played so what are you talking about.

its boredom that kills maps if you have no challenge it gets boring and people dont have any motivation to play the map. solo maps dont get boring because of the challenge which brings with it to be better than everyone else.

Reactions: FierceG