Playermodels that might get switched out

jenz

UNLOZE Founder
Leader
Oct 11, 2016
denmarkland
I was already writing this post but because my pc crashed i had to redo it now....

So yes our Current playermodels fill 64.7 MB in total.

Largest Playermodel is the titan at 13.3 MB + 799 KB= 14.1 MB in total
Second largest playermodel is Fleshpound at 5.33 MB + 1 MB= 6.33 MB in total
Third largest playermodel is Tesla at 3.9 MB + 2.19 MB= 6.1 MB in total
Fourth largest playermodel is Maya at 4 MB + 926 KB= 4.92 MB in total

In total these 4 playermodels fill around 31.4 MB, so almost half of the download are just these 4 models.

I think we should switch these Four Playermodels out. Occasionally switching playermodels is a good thing for the server to keep things fresh. So you can suggest playermodels here. We need two new zombie and two new human playermodels. Remember to add a download link for us. Also remember when suggesting playermodels that they in total need to have an smaller size than the Maya playermodel at 4.92 MB.

Playermodels that have a bigger size are just ignored.

Afterwards we are going to select 10 of your playermodel suggestions and make an poll where you will have 4 vote options.

Last edited:
Reactions: Struppi
man what the heck are the 2 numbers? Is the first number the size of model files and the second number the size of material files? If the model file is 13.3 mb, thats one hugeass model with a fuckton vertices or something, would not be surprising if it was causing weird shit. If 13.3 is the material size, then you can simple scale down the materials, but you will have to still recompile the model and stuff.

Reactions: jenz
first number is material size, second is model size. Recompilling playermodels is pretty bothersome for us since we dont know how to make playermodels really. Therefore just switching them out is easier.

Well i dunno, maybe the criteria that it has to be below 4.92 MB in total makes people struggle. I am going to post 3 suggestions here myself. If nobody else posts suggestions within the next couple of days i am just going with my own suggestions. Althought i hope that more people will suggest playermodels.

First suggestion (for replacing maya): Ava Female, Size 2.2 MB in total. Pic (sorry for bad hammer screenshot): http://i.imgur.com/vjRSdYH.png
Second Suggestion (for replacing titan): Bloodsucker, Size 0,9 MB in total. Pic (sorry for bad hammer screenshot): http://i.imgur.com/wupdfid.png
Third Suggestion (for replacing fleshpound): Old fleshpound!, Size 3.05 MB in total. Pic (sorry for bad hammer screenshot): http://i.imgur.com/VpuJIZl.png
As to what could replace the tesla power armor im not really sure. It does also not need to be replaced but i think switching playermodels out sometimes is a good thing to do.

Reactions: TheSilentBang
Also uhm, in case people feel like this change is very forced, the poll will also have an dont change option. I dont really wanna push changes onto people if most dont want them.

Reactions: qlimaX
I will make the poll for this on Sunday.

Edit: maybe before Sunday. maybe aswell today.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ostkand
Enjoy (thought you may have seen these already):

https://www.gg-elite.net/thread/1766-s-low-net-techknow-skins-für-cs-s/

Lots and lots of skins to choose, and the download sizes are next to the links.

From those I would recommend:

Zombie

Venom: 2.28mb
Feral Ghoul: 3.68mb

Human

T800 - 3.11mb
Napalm ATC - 6.2mb

VIP Human

Stickman - 255kb
Angry Emotion: 735kb

Tech note: In playerclasses.txt there is something called "model_skin_index", which means skins built with multiple colors can be used in different classes. Basically it saves players download 6x the same skin. So on my server, we had 6 different Masterchief colours, but players only downloaded the files once. We created different classes, and just changed the number of "model_player_skin" according to the colour, so we had 0,1,2,3,4,5

We did that with 2 Ghoul skins too. One was the brown skin, the other was a glowing colour. Again, just one set of download. But we set it out so the brown ghoul was a regular free skin, and a Supporter/VIP skin was the glowing ghoul.

Might be something to look into to reduce download size for the same sort of skins. I think it needs an updated zombiereloaded mod if you dont run it already. We used recompiled skins in CSGO, so for CSS it might need to be recompiled to take advantage of that.

Last edited: