non steam csgo ze?

jenz

UNLOZE Founder
Leader
Oct 11, 2016
denmarkland
I was thinking a bit about what we should be doing. If you dont know we closed the DM server down again, but mostly it was only me and brook who did all work on it so its not really important to most people here.

I was thinking a bit about Non steam csgo ze. We already had an csgo ze server which lasted for 4 months after the merge with n3xt.eu but in those 4 months it never got any higher up than 8-12 players. So if we do csgo ze again it really should be non steam or else it wont go anywhere. Would some people in general be interrested in giving csgo ze a try again? i want to hear what you think.

I was thinking about that today jenz :o
Why we dont give a chance again to a ze csgo server.
There is plenty of mapper who port their map to csgo from css and the csgo community is growing in every direction.
ofc the biggest part play csgo for the Competitive Match Making, but there is another part on community server so I'm sure we can do something with a ze server.

Maybe we can do a patnership with a csgo ze community play sometimes on their server and then players from this community will join sometimes too I guess, like we do with GFL.

Reactions: TheSilentBang
Maybe personnally i will give a chance to GO the day css will be definitly dead. Otherwise, BTM there is map sported from go, or still in dev on css and a good connunity i don't want so much to move on GO... Maybe if i see alot of players moving on it i will do the same. The configuration in go is the major problem

The biggest issue for me in non-Steam servers is the fact most non-Steam users are younger audience or don't speak English well, so for example the amount of issues with VIP system or other technical issues will arise for sure.
Can say this from experience, was helping EUFrag out on their forum back in the day.
Seeing a properly written sentence on those forums was sort of a miracle.

Reactions: Migza
10\10 would support this... need some good settings (so u can bhop) and a stable server (a lot of csgo ze server are lagging). I would spend time there to help populate the server...

Reactions: jenz and qlimaX
I will join the server only if there's something done about the jump boost when you get shot. This is pretty much the only thing that keeps me away from cs:go ze. And the fact that cs:s ze is still alive and doing well.

I would give it a try, too.

But you really want to set up a non-steam server? I mean, sure, this could help to get more players, but it will also attract a lot of cheaters.
I'm not entirely sure about this, but I think SG also has a steam CS:GO ze server and they have quite a lot of players (in the evenings, because USA time). Maybe we just need advertise it a little.

I also like ZeGaWa's idea of joining an already existing community, but then we would have to play with their settings. I guess nobody wants to give up their settings, because we - a bunch of strangers - want to play on their servers.
But I would definitely give it a try, even though I still prefer CS:S. :wlenny:

I don't think Steam is a problem, lol. First time I see this and haven't even thought of people getting Non-Steam CS:GO.
Personally I've never tried any mods on CS:GO so I can't say it's better of worse, thus I would like to try it at least...
People on CS:GO are more into MM and serious playing rather than hanging out on ZE servers. :D :)

EDIT: I love CS:GO ZE (Unloze).

Last edited:
Reactions: jenz