My Qualms with Cash Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.

willy (wilson)

Active User
May 26, 2018
United States of America
From the get-go I would like to say I LOVE when servers give money for defending, it incentivize's defending, meaning more people will be likely to defend and just generally help the team. My issues with the current system implemented by dogan are as follows though, and are primarily broken up between two categories

• 1. Money Transfers from round to round
Perhaps the worst part of the current Cash Manager system is that it ruin's ze, and more generally cs's approach to individual and unique rounds. Having money transfer from one round to another creates an atmosphere similar to competitive, where in order to have a real 'shot' at a map you may just want to do a save round, and have no one care, and not give a proper attempt to what could've been a win round. It also trivalizes defending, even if the max money is set to 30000$, because that money in and of itself is enough for 5 zammo's, that's 30 seconds of unlimited ammo. If you instead want to go the rebuy route, you have enough for 20 mp5s if it's 1500$, which is absurd, at that point I can play many chill or ez maps, and never stop shooting.

I also hate the idea of the fact that I may be punished for joining a map late, or going spec one round to answer a phone call, I'm quite literally being penalized for not having spent the previous round farming enough money for a near infinite source of rebuys. I quite literally start at a disadvantage from my team, an example of this is if I'm on paranoid, and it's voluntary, I choose go become zm because I enjoy it, I don't receive the mother zm win bonus even if I win as a zm, and I don't get any money from defending, so next round, simply due to the fact that I followed what I should do on paranoid, I'm at a disadvantage.

In ze, every round should be unique and everyone should start from on even footing, only having an advantage due to their pure skill, not because of how long they've been on defending
  • 2. Rebuys still costing the same as when you had a set amount of money (16000$)
One of the things that exacerbates the issues set in place by this plugin are the fact that rebuys are still as cheap as when you only had 16000$. I can carry almost double the amount right now (30k) and yet rebuys are just as cheap as ever. Say what you will about having rebuys in general, I like it, but as it currently stands, it's excessive. This plugin, with how much rebuys currently cost, exponentially increases their usefulness, due to the fact that not only can I use 30k of rebuys, I still can get more money, for more rebuys after using the 30k I could've easily started the round with.

P.s. While I told dogan my issues with the plugin on the unloze discord, I still felt that the changes made to the plugin were lackluster and the plugin still needs to be changed. I do however appreciate the fact that dogan took notice of my issues and responded to them.

Changes to the current system will ve done, and while I’m not sure how , yet, rest assured that the current system will not stand.

Reactions: Migza
In short the plugin feels just way too similar to what GFL and Nide already have with earning money from damage. The twist of saving up money for future rounds also feels way too strong, Being able to have 30-40k money AND earn money during that round nets you so many rebuys compared to our old flat 16k money at round start.

Novel idea but way too much hassle to balance around.

I digress. It's a creative idea and it has a lot of potential imho. If a broken plugin like 0 ping can be on the server for half a year we can try this for at least a month as well. But as a suggestion I think the important aspect where tech should mess around with is a bonus-malus system, where you start with your round with your standard buy for each round and depending on your performance previous rounds have either extra cash for more guns or less than the normal 16K like before.

Status
Not open for further replies.