Events : Ideas & Opinions

Mini.

Well-Known User
Aug 21, 2018
Romania
Hello guys and welcome to this thread! Here, you can post event ideas or your opinion about someone's idea for the next event.

I've decided to make this thread for 2 reasons :
- I want users to post their ideas or to comment to someone's idea, which will make easier for the creator of the idea to modify the part of the idea which other users don't like. This is great for making creative events (in my opinion). Also, everyone wants events, let's be honest. :feelsamazingman:
- I have a lot to talk about and I couldn't do it on discord because I would've disturbed others' conversations and simply, I'm sure it's much easier to do on the forums, where you can organize things. It will boost the forum's activity by at least a little.

I will begin first, with showing my event ideas. I have 6 event ideas, and I didn't want to talk in discord since I may disturb other conversations & I have a lot to write about 6 ideas. I am sorry if you don't like these event ideas, but please mention if you don't like something and why you don't like it.

Here are the ideas :

1. Lazy to do the Housework
[Hard]
Maps :

- ze_toaster_v1_2
- ze_kitchen_v2s
- ze_bathroom_v2_5s
Description :
Hooray, the wanderers finally went home to relax, but unfortunately they forgot about their housework and need to do that while until it's too late! While making the housework, some of them got infected by laziness & stinky housework and became zombies. Help the other wanderers to finish the housework while escaping from the zombies!
Kickers :

- Humans have a little decreased movement speed.
- While playing the maps, there have to be 45 humans or less. If there are more than 45 humans, random players will be chosen as zombies. It happens because the others ran from the housework.
- Bhop is disabled. Who needs to bhop when you have housework?

- Humans will drop their weapons once every 20 minutes because they are lazy and give up doing so. They can pick up once they are dropped or buy another ones instantly after it's dropped.
- Humans will have 4000$ instead of 10000$ when the match starts.
2. Cursed Videogames (Passed)
I rate my event as 8.5/10 (It went well from easy-hard. I need to work on the kickers)

[Hard]
Maps :
- ze_crashbandicoot_v1fix
- ze_minecraft_adventure_v1_2c
- ze_pokemon_adventure_v1_1s
- ze_doom_v1_1 (?)
- ze_sonic3_b2_2

Description :
The wanderers have found a weird console with 4-5 games, which have turned out to be cursed and teleported the wanderers inside the video games. Because of this curse, the weaker ones have been infected into zombies. They need to finish the games until they all get infected!
Kickers :
- Players can't use items in the first stage of all maps, since they are getting new in the game and need to understand what's going on. No rebuys on the first stage. (You can use Sonic in Sonic3, since he is a character, not an item)
- Boss Health is boosted by 25%.
- Zombies will get faster movement & regeneration.
- Fall Damage is activated.
3. Terrorist Mode : Activated
[Hard]

Maps :
- ze_shaurma_v3_b06

- ze_pidaras_v1_5fix
- ze_rush_b_s1
Description :
Terrorists hide their description unfortunately .
Kickers :

- During boss fights, there will be a russian song playing (Leaders can't talk during the boss fights).
- All wanderers get 15000$ instead of 10000$ when they begin. However, you can't use rebuys in the first 5 minutes of every map.
- You can only use Grenades, Dual elites & AK47 only.
- When you are the leader, you shall get 150hp and an increased movement speed (not too fast, though) and infinite ammo, but if you die, the whole team dies. (Kinda Protect the VIP)
4. Randomness (?)
[Average]

Maps :
- ze_random_v9
- ze_random_escape_b7_3
- ze_collab_ware_a3 (?)
Description :
The wanderers have travelled into a weird universe what seems to be randomized. They need to escape from this place, while fighting the randomized zombies!
Kickers :
- Every 10 seconds, a random thing will happen (Similar to Paranoid / Mountain). The list is below :

Movement :
~ Zombies/Humans will be slow for 5 seconds.
~ Zombies/Humans will be fast for 3 seconds.
~ Zombies/Humans will have inverted movement for 15 seconds.
~ Zombies/Humans will have slippery floor for 5 seconds.
~ Zombies/Humans will freeze for 3 seconds.
Health/Kevlar
~ Humans will drain health by 1hp per second. It will be for 10 seconds.
~ Randomly, the zombies health will be set between 1000-500000HP
~ Humans' Kevlar & Health will be randomized.
Size
- Zombies/Humans' size will by modified from 0.50 - 3
Weapons
~ Humans' weapons will be dropped.
~ All humans will have 1 common weapon (Ak47, m249, tmp etc) for
15 seconds.
~ Infinite Ammo for 10 seconds.
Miscellaneous
~ Fall Damage will be turned on/off
~ High Gravity will be turned on/off (No low Gravity, since it will ruin the event)
~ A human will be teleported to another human
~ A zombie will be teleported to another zombie
~ Zombies/Humans will be drunk (bad vision) for 10 seconds

~ Zombies/Humans will be burned for 15 seconds.
5. Black, Gray & White
[Hardcore]

Maps :
- ze_nibui_a3_1a
- ze_grau_s2
- ze_visualizer_css2
Description :
The wanderers have met a colorless zone, but strangely they can't leave. Help the wanderers leave, to see the colors again!
Kickers :

- You are not allowed to use NVG & Flashlight
- All humans' eyesight will get bad permanently during the maps. Blind mode & Dark mode will appear (fog_end and blind values will be set to 300 and 150 respectively)
- Zombies have a little increased speed movement, because they move in the shadows, which is bad for the humans.
- Wanderers have to finish a map in less than 30 minutes, or else they will lose by going blind. If they don't win, they will go to the next map.
- If humans manage to win the first 2 maps and go to visualizer (stage 2), the kickers will be disabled.
6. The Homes of Nature
[Extreme]
Maps :
- ze_hidden_temple_v2_5d

- ze_sunkentemple_v3_1
- ze_moltentemple_a5

- ze_serpentis_temple_v2a
Description :
In wanderers' journey, they have found some magical and mysterious temples. They decided to go in, but it didn't go well. Help them to escape from the temples!
Kickers :

- Fall damage is on
- You get 200hp and you get 75 kevlar points. Kevlar points do not go higher if rebuys are used.
- The weapons will be desintegrated once for every wanderer in the maps every 15 minutes, because they will weaken in the temples.
- If the wanderers lose more than 5 times on a stage, they will go to the previous stage. (Of course, if there is one)

- On the ze_hidden_temple_v2_5d map, wanderers will have 66hp, as their have sacrificed almost 2 thirds of their health to enter.
- Wanderers will have a healing beacon. The healing process is very slowly. This kicker is [Internalized Oppression] after beating ze_hidden_temple_v2_5d.
7. Medieval Madness
[Hardcore]
Maps :
- ze_vile_sewers_a3

- ze_tyranny_v5fix
- ze_tesv_skyrim_v4fix
Description :
Malicious forces have entered the Medieval era! However, the civilians don't stand a chance, so they call for the Wanderers' help. Let's see if they can actually pull this off.
Kickers :
- Humans' ammo is reduced. They can still rebuy, but will have much lesser ammo than usual. Humans also have 200 points of kevlar.

- Boss Health increased by 15%
- Failnades enabled

- On the ze_tesv_skyrim_v4fix map, everyone will get 2 levels (200 points) when they begin.

I wish to you a happy day and stay safe!
EDIT : I apologize if I did mistakes in the thread. I'm kind of new and nervous. Hope you understand
EDIT 2 : I've modified some of the event ideas thanks to a fellow wanderers and I've checked if there are grammar mistakes. I've also added a top difficulty which is based on my opinion. Don't forget that you can post some of your event ideas here to see if it's worth playing or not.
EDIT 3 : I've modified & improved most of the ideas thanks to @William! :D and @masotflikr. About the ones who weren't changed, I consider that's okay and don't need to be changed/I haven't thought of a idea yet. I've also added this "edit zone" where u see the edits.
I may add 2 more event ideas in the future, but these are under development.

Last edited:
why not just post nominations when there is thread?
That's because he clearly wants our opinion on his ideas before he posts his nominations.

As for you ideas @Mini., they genuinely sound interesting. I also like how you added descriptions to your event ideas. Reminds me of the time when we had ZR events and that @TheSilentBang did the same for those events.
I suppose some kind of Stripper or Plug-in has to be written for a few events, but I honestly wouldn't know how technical it'll get as I'm not an expert in that field.
In general, they sound fun to play in my opinion. I'd say just nominate one of your events when there is a new nomination thread and thanks for sharing your ideas!:monkeypepe:

It happens randomly to a random number of humans at the same time and you can't escape from it
Inb4 the whole CT team gets frozen. Either way I feel like the randomness of it will make it more annoying than anything else
You can be a Leader 2 times per map.
Unfortunately there aren't an infinite amount of people willing to lead and I don't know if this kicker really makes sense or adds anything to the gameplay?
4. Randomness
I don't know if this kicker is possible in a practical way
You can't buy kevlar and you don't get kevlar when you play the maps.
This will make the maps with bosses almost impossible as no kevlar means basically an instant death.
A wanderer (human) must be sacrificed on ze_hidden_temple_v2_5d map in order to win. Otherwise, all wanderers will die.
What counts as a sacrifice? Someone will ALWAYS die anyway?

LONG TEXT

I get that you are trying to get everyone opinions, but do you know all of the maps?
- ze_moltentemple_a5
- ze_serpentis_temple_v2a
Both maps have bosses, and the lack of kevlar will give a sense of impossibility, especially seeing as bosses have fire and posion attacks.
5. White, Black & Gray
[Hardcore]

Maps :
- ze_grey_b2_4
- ze_grau_s2
- ze_visualizer_css2
Visualizer is a very colourful map. Title doesn't really fit the map, and also. What is the point of having a kicker to beat maps in 45 minutes, when you are just going to extend the time to 65 minutes if they beat both maps. Defeats the point imo.
4. Randomness
I get that this is supposed to be a paranoid/mountain event, but a 10 second gap between effects is too short imo. Is essentially vuvuzela for 4 hours
~ High Gravity will be turned on/off (No low Gravity, since it will ruin the event)
Isnt the event supposed to be "Randomness? What is the fun in having no Low Grav. Its like you are saying inverse controls and slippery ground are fair and will not ruin the event.
3. Terrorist Mode : Activated
[Hard]

Maps :
- ze_shaurma_v3_b06

- ze_pidaras_v1_5fix
- ze_rush_b_s1
Shaurma - lasers, rebuys "needed"
pidaras - lasers, boss
rush b - lasers, broken map? , rebuys "needed"
You can be a Leader 2 times per map.
Dogan's random script will either make you leader 10 times or no times at all (please give input if this has changed)
2. Cursed Videogames
[Hardcore]
Maps :
- ze_crashbandicoot_v1fix
- ze_minecraft_adventure_v1_2c
- ze_doom_v1_1
- ze_sonic3_b2_2
I don't know if sonic3 has been beaten yet, and trying to beat it with harder kickers will not go well IMO. It would be much better putting Sonic3 at the start or the 2nd map played. Its 4 longish maps and there will be many tired players, and also people who will play the GFL event, so putting the harder maps first will benefit many players.
1. Lazy to do the Housework
[Hard]
Maps :

- ze_toaster_v1_2
- ze_kitchen_v2s
- ze_bathroom_v2_5s
The start of bathroom is a massive trim fest.
Kitchen has a hard starting defence and even harder with 2x the normal ammount of ZM.
lets say 5 people die at the start of stage 2 in bathroom. its not 25/39. another 5 die to the toilet roll/ fall. Its now 20/44. Its guarenteed that 5 will die at the sponge, possibly more. Its now 15/50. Its not impossible odds, but that chances of winning are slimmer than slim.
If you are passionate enough to keep your events as they are, thats fine. But they need some fixing

• Love
Reactions: Meir and Jan
Hello,
I've read your feedback and I'm grateful for it. I may not edit the post right now or in this time, but I will consider it.

About some feedbacks, like the leader one (Mentioned by William), I was sure that a health boost & speed boost will encourage some good players to lead, but wouldn't "abuse" too much of it. The one with video games (Mentioned by Maso) is good, but I liked beginning with easy, to fit the atmosphere. I know Sonic3 is kinda hard, but challenges like these would be in consideration.
About the Visualizer (Mentioned by Maso), I know it's not really a grayish map (that's why I've put it at the final, because it shows that the wanderers are getting to the final), so I wouldn't edit this, but I would think of editing the title.
About the Randomness (Mentioned by William), I really hope for it to be possible. If it isn't, then unfortunately I would have to change it
About the others, I see the problem and I will try to improve this. At first, by "Sacrificing" (Mentioned by William) I meant that someone had to die to all maps, but then I decided to make this only on hidden temple, but now I've decided that "Sacrificing" means Health Loss (Like HP Reduced from 125 to 60. I know it's not the best thing when it comes to sacrificing, but hey I'll think about it later)

At now, I consider the Cursed Videogames the most decent event idea so far. Unfortunately I can't change anything to it, since it's already in the Poll, but thank you Maso anyways. ( I will try, though! )
Thank you 2 for mentioning these things, since I'm not a professional at all and it really helps me improving them, to be at least balanced, but event-worthy.

Reactions: Jan and Kip
Dear Unlozers,

I've modified the event ideas and tried to make those as possible (and event-worthy) as I could. Hope you will like the new change. I may not be able to modify them and focus on new ones if it's necessary, because I'm sure those event ideas are okay as those are now. I will add 2 more in summer, so stay tuned!
Don't forget that you can post event ideas as well, so I can put my comment and give suggestions. It's like teamwork before event nominations, so let's be creative.

I hope you have a nice day & good luck with school/work!

Reactions: Revo
Welp nobody is sending event ideas so I may just make another one besides those 7. It will be about pyramids because of sand because of summer. Don't ask how I came with that conclusion :lul:
Btw let's prepare ourselves with this beginnin' summer with good events. If u have any ideas, feel free to post em

Reactions: Kip
Heres my event:

Rng:
random escape, guns change every 10 seconds, you only have 1 gun/ cant buy guns

Turn Based Combat:
Any Final Fantasy map, Every 15 seconds, CT’s get frozen for 5 seconds, then zombies get frozen for 3 seconds. Or maybe just the CT’s freeze if thats too easy

Rush B cyka:
Rush B, only mac10 and glock

Scoutz Knivez:
Only scouts… uh oh..: any map without a boss i guess

Music at da club:
No voice chat, only text to lead/guide, music/bot playing songs: whatever maps, fitting ones

Alright thanks for listening, please tell me my ideas are great

Heres my event:

Rng:
random escape, guns change every 10 seconds, you only have 1 gun/ cant buy guns

Turn Based Combat:
Any Final Fantasy map, Every 15 seconds, CT’s get frozen for 5 seconds, then zombies get frozen for 3 seconds. Or maybe just the CT’s freeze if thats too easy

Rush B cyka:
Rush B, only mac10 and glock

Scoutz Knivez:
Only scouts… uh oh..: any map without a boss i guess

Music at da club:
No voice chat, only text to lead/guide, music/bot playing songs: whatever maps, fitting ones

Alright thanks for listening, please tell me my ideas are great
Hello, I apologise for the late answer on the topic.
I like that you tried to get inspired (which helps for being creative), but some kickers not good and the players will not enjoy them for being almost unplayable. Also, some kickers can't be added.

My opinion on the events :
I will not say that you copied my ideas, but rather you tried to be inspired, which I appreciate. I don't really care if someone is "stealing" my event idea, as long as it's used. After all, you should be rewarded for winning the events, not nominating them :wlenny:

like in rng, which is similar to my event, you can't add random kickers being constantly active. (Posted here by William :D)
In Turn Based combat, most probably impossible due to lasers or bosses. It may be helpful in some cases, but most of the time humans will just die. With this kicker, 100% they will not finish the last stage of the map
Rush B cyka is decent. Similar to my idea, but is decent for a start
Scout Knivez is kinda funny, probably all zombies should have like 500hp or something and you just defeat them with scouts xD. With only scouts, I don't think you can win, especially on a good map. I would personally play this kicker, but only for a few rounds.
Music at da club is also okay ; I've never participated to an event where you can't lead via voice chat, but that's a good idea.

What should be improved? :
- You should mention the name of the maps with the full version to make players know what map they would play. If it's a good map like aesthetic, valkvang, rush b, santassination, ancient wrath etc, then players will join for the most part
- Add at least 2-3 maps which have a similar theme, so it would be much entertaining. The maps should be long and hard, but if they are short maps, you can add more. Come with some ideas that aren't shown that much, because at this point I think every idea of combination was added to the server, so I can't say that my events or yours were original from the beginning.
~ My combination is to choose at least 1 VIP map or 1 Admin only map. Usually these maps are hardly enough so it will take more time to win. Maps that are worth nomating without being VIP or Admin Only are Dark Souls, Rush B, Rizomata, Deadcore etc. (Consult more players for this)
- ALWAYS check the maps if you are gonna use kickers, to not make the events so hard that they can't win. Try to not put kickers at first event nominations, to not suck like me (Advice applied thanks to machu & pickle) . If you want me to prove it, watch this
(Cursed Videogames - Sonic3 - Kicker : Fall damage | Video made by ricca).
- Don't panic if something goes wrong to your first event nomination, it usually happens, so you can actually improve your events in the future.

Overall, I really appreciate that you tried to post your first event ideas, even though they are not great, but everything has a start so don't worry. Also, don't be sad that Maso disliked your first post, he does that for some reason (it happened to me so don't be discouraged). You can have much better ideas in the future! I hope I have inspired you a little bit to improve your events and I wish you have a great day!

Last edited:
Thanks for the suggestions and really in-depth analysis. Also sorry if some ideas are similar i read your post like 2 weeks before I posted these ideas. And yeah, they aren't as fully fleshed out as i'd like due to my amateur and beginner level knowledge of the maps available and previous events, but I wanted to contribute to the point that someone could read these ideas and take them and flesh them out if they found it interesting. Again, I appreciate your help.
I really appreciate that you tried to post your first event ideas, even though they are not great
:sadpepe: