Update Admin maps becoming Public maps (Diversity)

Batata

Retired Admin
VIP
Oct 20, 2016
Hello guys! Prepare to a long post! Well, i took the initiative to look at the admin nomination list and test almost all the maps out there, in order to switch them to the regular nomlist, to add more diversity of maps to the server, so it can be an alternative either to tryharding maps, either to classic maps that are played when population is low, mostly. So i came to the conclusion that there are MANY MANY maps on the admin list that can actually become public. Before looking at my "report", i want to say that i tested those maps (95% of them) as a human, alone in a server, so i don't know if there can also be bugs at the zombies side in some maps. I divided my classification of maps in 3 categories:

ADMIN ---> Map should remain on admin list
PUBLIC ----> Map should go to public nomlist
REMOVE MAP ----> Map should be fixed, otherwise it should be removed. Or it can simply be removed, even if it doesn't have bugs.

I also put some notes on the sides of some maps, to say something relevant. Finally, if you disagree with me at some points or you want to give an opinion about a certain map, don't hesitate in doing so. Here we go:

ze_2012_b3b NORMAL (PUBLIC) Note: The map has been removed because of the quick nomination to reserve a slot on the nomlist, if I remember correctly. I think that is possible to do with any 1st map on the nomlist, so I guess it’s not an argument. Even though I don’t like the map that much, other people may like it, so I think it should be public.

ze_Genso_Of_Last_b2 EASY (PUBLIC) Note: Medium difficulty. If people listen to the leader, it’s a very simple map to be honest.

ze_GoT_The_North_b4 HARD (PUBLIC) Note: Neither hardcore, neither very long, so it deserves to be on public nomlist.

ze_JungleEscape_b3_6 NORMAL ((PUBLIC OR (REMOVE MAP) Note: This isn’t the jenz’s map, it’s another map. The 3rd stage is not finished. Solutions for this one: 1) Remain an admin map, so if people reach stage 3, admin can change it. 2) Tell a mapper to remove stage 3 and put it on public. 3) Remove the map because it’s not finished. I would like to go for the 2), I think the map deserves a shot.

ze_JurassicPark_Escape_v1 EASY FAILNADES+AWP CROWDSPAWN (PUBLIC) Note: It can be turned into a NEMESIS MODE map.

About Paranoid versions: The maps are not much different from the paranoid in the public list, so it would represent more of a chance to play Paranoid twice, then playing 2 different maps. Therefore, they should remain in admin list.

ze_Paranoid_Reborn_v8 NORMAL FAILNADES+AWP (ADMIN)

ze_Paranoid_Rezurrection_v12_b2 EASY (ADMIN)

ze_Paranoid_Turbo_v7 HARD FAILNADES+AWP (ADMIN)

ze_Paranoid_Ultimate_v10_4 NORMAL FAILNADES+AWP (ADMIN)

ze_paranoid_rezurrection_v11_5 EASY (ADMIN)

ze_RE4_castle_a3 NORMAL (PUBLIC or (ADMIN) Note: There are 2 “bugs” in the map, that I suppose that can be easily fixed with the help of a mapper. There are 2 parts where the humans can be stuck underground: one when they get hit by a boulder and another one when they are close to the boxes, in the part when the cannon is supposed to destroy the door. It’s a good map, it deserves a chance to be fixed and stay in the public list. Otherwise, should remain ADMIN, because how it is right now, it needs an admin’s intervention on those parts.

ze_Rooftop_Autism_Runaway_v1_1 EASY (ADMIN)Note: The word aut-ism already says a lot.

ze_abfd_fix_labescape_vb6 HARD (PUBLIC)

ze_aepp_nano_grid2_b2s EASY (PUBLIC)

ze_ancient_wrath_v2_test27 HARD (ADMIN)) Note: Already another version of it in public list. And this one seems way harder.

ze_antfarm_2vs NORMAL (PUBLIC)

ze_artika_base_v1_2s EASY (PUBLIC)

ze_atix_apocalypse_v1a EASY FAILNADES+AWP CROWDSPAWN (PUBLIC)

ze_atix_panic_b3t_halloween_v1 NORMAL FAILNADES+AWP (ADMIN)Note: Switch this one for normal atix in the public nomlist in Halloween period (it already happens, I think)

ze_avalanche_reboot_beta3 HARD (ADMIN)Note: Doubts on this one. Tell me your advice if it should be admin or public.

ze_bay_v1 EASY (REMOVE MAP) Note: Map is way too short. Confusing also. Could be interesting for some special mode (maybe nemesis, maybe other mode, idk). But personally I think it should be removed.

ze_bms_hl1 EASY (PUBLIC) Note: I think there’s an exact map like this one, but with another name in public nomlist, but I can’t seem to find it. Maybe I’m just confusing, but looking only at the map, it should be public.

ze_boat_escape_jenz_v2_5a EASY (ADMIN or (REMOVE MAP) Note: Sorry Jenz, but the graphics…

ze_bowser_in_the_fire_sea_v1e NORMAL (ADMIN) Note: Very long map.

ze_breakable_v1_8 HARD (PUBLIC)

ze_c20_outskirts EASY (REMOVE MAP) Note: Short map and spawn is buged (People can spawn at the end). Same thing as ze_bay: can be used for something else.

ze_cancer_test4 EASY (REMOVE MAP) Note: WTF is this map.

ze_ccc_floator_mislands_v2s NORMAL CROWDSPAWN (PUBLIC) Note: I said to Neon to put it on admin list, but now I think it should be public, it’s not that hard, people just need to know the map.

ze_citadel_episodic_escape_v03 NORMAL (PUBLIC)

ze_colors_v1 EASY (PUBLIC)

ze_cubeworld_v1_0 EASY (REMOVE MAP) Note: Map is all pink for me. It’s not meant to be like that, I guess.

ze_cursed_ruins_v2s NORMAL (PUBLIC)

ze_dark_souls_ptd_v0_4 EXTREME (ADMIN)

ze_doorhug_and_solo_v4_1 EASY (PUBLIC) Note: If Paranoid and Random are in public list, this one should also be, it’s on the same category, even though I think it’s a “selfish” map. Another note: Rank should be reset in this map, because at the end people can easily kill a LOT of zombies and get their rank boosted.

ze_dragonball_snakeway_v1 EASY (PUBLIC)

ze_dread EASY (PUBLIC OR (REMOVE MAP) Note: Items are bugged. They can be used all the time. If that bug is fixed, it can become public. Chill & Short map with lasers.

ze_dreamin_v1_8s NORMAL (PUBLIC)

ze_elevator_escape_jbg_final NORMAL FAILNADES+AWP CROWDSPAWN FALLDAMAGE (REMOVE MAP) Note: Already another version on the public list that is 99% the same.

ze_ep2_plant_b1s HARD (PUBLIC)

ze_epic_end_v4_3 EASY (PUBLIC)

ze_eruption_escape_fix NORMAL (PUBLIC) Note: 2 things need to be fixed before it can become public. Add more HP to bosses in every stage (he dies after 10 sec, basically). Second, add a nuke at the end of each stage. Otherwise, it needs an admin intervention.

ze_escape_horizon_v3c EASY (PUBLIC)

ze_evernight_a2_2s HARD (REMOVE) Note: New version after this \/

ze_evernight_a3_4_css HARD (PUBLIC) Note: Needs good leader, but I guess that is applied for many tryharding maps. Therefore it should be public.

ze_fartlocker_escape_v3s HARD (ADMIN) Note: If people don’t know the map, it will be the worst nightmare to win this xD. I really have doubts in this one, but one thing I know, it’s a hard map. You can always say your advice. Also, detected bug with nuke at the end, if I remember, it only does 5 damage per second, so it needs an admin’s intervention.

ze_fast_escape_fix NORMAL FAILNADES+AWP CROWDSPAWN (PUBLIC)

In general, about FF maps below: There are already too many FF maps in public list. Therefore, the FF maps in the admin list should remain there. This was my criteria about these maps. Same thing as Paranoid versions, although here we can find completely different maps, like the ancient version of westersand, for example.

ze_ffxii_easternsand_v1 EASY (ADMIN) OR (REMOVE MAP) Note: Nice meme map. However, there’s a bug at the end: after lasers, there is an invisible wall that stops humans to go on the helicopter (thing we are supposed to do). So… Fix the map or remove.

ze_ffxii_moko_temple_v1_1 EASY (ADMIN)

ze_ffxii_westersand_v1_13b EASY (ADMIN)

ze_ffxii_westersand_v2d HARD (ADMIN)

ze_ffxii_westersand_v7_2 HARD (ADMIN)

ze_flying_zombies_b3fix NORMAL (ADMIN) Note: Map needs to be fixed. Football mode is broken, you can’t knife the ball.

ze_forius_just_run_fix EASY (REMOVE MAP) OR PUBLIC) Note: The map is bugged in many parts. The ladders and ropes don’t work, you can’t climb them. Therefore, correct bugs or remove the map.

ze_get_to_the_chopper_undead_6 EASY (PUBLIC) Note: I already seen people falling from the helicopter in this map, but nothing happened to me when I tested it. It should be PUBLIC, but if bugs are detected, we should fix them or remove the map.

ze_grandboat_escape_n_v4_3 NORMAL (ADMIN) Note: There is already a “day” version of this map, although the ending is different. I suggest a similar treatment for this map as atix Halloween or sorrento xmas. It can be on public nomlist in winter period instead of the other grandboat, for example.

ze_grey_b2_4 EASY (PUBLIC)

ze_gris_css HARD (ADMIN) or (REMOVE MAP) Note: There is already a gris version on public nomlist. I didn’t detect any differences, so I think this version should be removed to avoid confusion. I didn’t test this map entirely, just used noclip to see its aspect, so if there are differences, my bad.

ze_harry_potter_v2_1 HARD (ADMIN)

ze_hobbit_escape_b2 NORMAL (PUBLIC)

ze_hold_em_v10 HARD (PUBLIC)

ze_hscready5u EASY (REMOVE MAP) Note: The map is just some cube blocks. I don’t know if I missed something to trigger, but I guess not, so the map should be removed.

ze_icecap_derp_unloze_v3 NORMAL CROWDSPAWN (ADMIN)

ze_icecap_derp_unloze_v420 EASY FAILNADES+AWP CROWDSPAWN (ADMIN) Note: Remove the map above and let this one on admin list. Too much Lifeblood of Zombie Escape and there’s already a icecap “normal” version on public list.

ze_indiana_jones_iv_v2_4 NORMAL (PUBLIC) Note: Indiana with stages, love it. Nothing weird detected, clearly needs to be on public list.

ze_infiltration_final_v4l_004 NORMAL FAILNADES+AWP CROWDSPAWN (REMOVE MAP) Note: Already another version in public list. I did same thing as gris, used noclip to see its aspect. Didn’t find any differences. Therefore, REMOVE.

ze_ismellmagicintheair_v3s EASY (ADMIN) OR (REMOVE MAP) Note: I tested it as a human, didn’t see any bug, except the ending where I died for no reason or probably did something wrong. Anyway, when we played it on Unloze, there were bugs as a zombie (they had low hp). There are also unexplainable explosions at the beginning. Therefore, this map can make people mad and it can also be bugged, so REMOVE or ADMIN only if everything’s ok.

ze_jungle_escape_v1_2 NORMAL (PUBLIC) Note: Jenz’s map. The difficulty seems legit to be on public list.

ze_lazers_v2_3 NORMAL (ADMIN) Note: I didn’t say remove, but yea… This map is bad ahah. But I guess it should have a chance in admin list xD.

ze_licciana_xmas_v1 NORMAL FAILNADES+AWP CROWDSPAWN (ADMIN)

ze_lotr_minas_tiret_v4_1 NORMAL (PUBLIC) Note: Just 1 stage, chill map. Should be public.

ze_lotr_minas_tirith_v2_2fix HARD (ADMIN)

ze_lotr_minas_tirith_v3_3 HARD (ADMIN)

ze_memehell_test1 EASY (ADMIN) or (REMOVE MAP) Note: Same category as rooftop Lifeblood of Zombie Escape and eastersand. It’s a meme map. However, i died sometimes at the spawn for no reason, but I didn’t see if it was normal (meme map u know) or it was a bug.

ze_mirrors_edge_reborn_v4_2 NORMAL (REMOVE MAP) Note: Already exists another updated version in public nomlist. Same thing as gris and infiltration.

ze_mist_v1_3 EXTREME (PUBLIC) Note: I played this on the event and I honestly don’t think it is that hard. Only the boss fight is hard, but after that there is almost no cover at all, so people who know the map can actually make it. I would say this map is very close to chroma, in terms of cover & bossfight difficulties, so I guess it should be public. Now a suggestion for this map: At the beginning of the 1st round there should be a vote about disabling or enabling bhop, so people enjoy this map on their own way, but idk if it’s possible (because of the cover at the ramps part)

About mountain versions: same thing as paranoid and FF maps.

ze_mountain_escape_bbo_v1 NORMAL (ADMIN)

ze_mountain_escape_bbo_v1fix NORMAL (ADMIN)

ze_mountain_escape_ultimate_fix NORMAL (ADMIN)

ze_mytex_escape_v3 NORMAL FAILNADES+AWP CROWDSPAWN (PUBLIC)

ze_negative_legacy_xf4s EASY (PUBLIC)

ze_nightmare_dimension_v2_6fix NORMAL (PUBLIC)

ze_nostromo_v1_0f NORMAL (PUBLIC)

ze_notredame_v1_3 NORMAL (PUBLIC)

ze_pitchblack_v5 EASY FAILNADES+AWP CROWDSPAWN (PUBLIC)

ze_potc_iv_v6_1 NORMAL (PUBLIC)

ze_predator_ultimate_v1_3 NORMAL (REMOVE MAP) Note: Already another updated version in public nomlist.

ze_river_escape_v3_fix NORMAL FAILNADES+AWP CROWDSPAWN (PUBLIC)

ze_rizomata_b_test3 HARD (ADMIN) Note: This is the kind of maps that, in my opinion, should be admin only. It’s hard and the rounds are very long.

ze_rooftop_runaway_xmas_v1 EASY FAILNADES+AWP CROWDSPAWN (ADMIN)

ze_santassination_css2 EXTREME (ADMIN) Note: Didn’t test this map to be honest, but from people’s advice, they told me it’s not that hard, but it’s very very very long. Same thing as Harry Potter, so therefore it should be admin only.

ze_sdp_30_seconds_remake_v1_2 NORMAL (PUBLIC) Note: Already a version of 30 seconds on the regular nomlist, but this map is different at the point of being “another” map, so it should become public.

ze_sky_athletic_v5_final NORMAL (PUBLIC) Note: Even easier then skillescape, so in a comparable way, it should also be public. Without making any comparations, I still think it should become public, the “athleticism” in this map is not that hard to be honest. Particular hard on the 3rd bossfight only.

ze_snowcrash_escape_vfixed1 EASY (PUBLIC)

ze_sorrento_xmas_v4 EASY FAILNADES+AWP CROWDSPAWN (ADMIN)

ze_sorrtento_resonate_v1 NORMAL (PUBLIC) Note: Same thing as the above-mentioned version of 30 seconds. It can be considered a “different” map.

ze_space_flight_v1_1 NORMAL (PUBLIC)

ze_stalker_monolit_a2 EASY (REMOVE MAP) Note: Version below seems more updated (?).

ze_stalker_monolit_a5 EASY (PUBLIC) Note: I wouldn’t say EASY, but NORMAL difficulty. Clearly public. Also, it’s a completely different map from stalker ultimate, so it can be considered a different map and be on the public list.

ze_stalker_ultimate_v3c EASY ((REMOVE MAP) OR (ADMIN) Note: There are 3 versions of stalker ultimate right now in the server, 2 of them are in public list. Idk if there are differences between them, so I have doubts in this one.

ze_super_metroid_v5 EASY ((REMOVE MAP) OR (ADMIN) Note: It’s a funny map, but it has bugs. The bugs are in the teleports. 1) if you fall down after this 1st tp, you can’t reach your team anymore. 2) The teleport up on the lava part can be buged, because it teleports you to a place where you can’t move anymore.

ze_surf_sahok_t5_9 EASY (PUBLIC)

ze_surf_vortex_v1_9s NORMAL (PUBLIC)

ze_ten_keys_b2fix HARD (PUBLIC)

ze_tesv_skyrim_v2_2fix NORMAL (REMOVE MAP) Note: Already an updated version in public list.

ze_thousand_steps_b7c NORMAL (PUBLIC)

ze_tkara_v1 EASY (PUBLIC)

ze_totally_new_wester HARD (ADMIN) Note: Can be used in winter to switch for the normal wester.

ze_totemo_roka_b5s HARD (PUBLIC) Note: It requires team work and good leader, but only 1 stage. So It should become public, because if people know the map, it’s pretty doable.

ze_traak_b1 NORMAL (PUBLIC)

ze_trials_v1fs HARD (PUBLIC) Note: Stages 1 and 2 are very doable. Stage 3 seems harder 2x then the others. This is the kind of map that requires at least 15 to know it so we can make progress. Nevertheless, i think it should be public. It's not about being hard, it's about knowledge of maps, mostly.

ze_undertale_g_v1_2s2 EXTREME (PUBLIC) Note: I don’t agree with this map’s difficulty. It’s very long, but it’s not hard. Once again, another map that needs a good leader (We need a good leader for every tryharding map nowadays to be honest xD). The difference between this one and rizomata/santassination is that this map only has 1 stage, so for that, it should be on public list.

ze_vile_sewers_a2 NORMAL (REMOVE MAP) OR PUBLIC) Note: I don’t know if there’s an updated version of this map, because this one is pretty cool/chill, so it deserves a search. However, the map (this version) is not finished and there are many parts with low fps (20 fps to be precise) and we can’t shoot boss with that obstacle. Therefore, we should find the upgraded version (if it exists). If don’t, remove the map unfortunately :c

ze_wily_fortress_a1 EASY (REMOVE MAP) Note: Map is not finished.

ze_zk_colour_sick HARD (PUBLIC) Note: Change the part where we need to cover the gates to 1 minute or less, instead of 2 minutes, otherwise it’s impossible to beat it.

Last edited:
Nice I'm in favour of bringing more maps to the public cycle.

But please can we remove Sorrtento_resonate (from the server). I made the mistake one day of admin nominating the map which people voted and it is just awful.

Fast Escape is a nice map with an interesting ending.

Dont know why they are so many Paranoid maps, but might be there because of some special events in the past. Like Predator v1_3

ze_predator_ultimate_v1_3 is just an older version with a different/cool ending and could even be public and share cd with predator_ultimate_v3

ze_bowser_in_the_fire_sea_v1e, yes the map is long but the music and the ending of the last stage is good. Its very playable and should be public imo

Reactions: William! :D
Damn, I applaud to the patience and work you had to put up to make this post.

I only have one thing to say, and of course I'll try to save the OldSchool maps with this...

Make all FF maps admin nomination only.

There's a fair chance that if fags are gathered up in the server, there'll be an admin on, and they'll whine and complain to have it nominated. Frankly, I think that'd be the best course of action, since even admins want to play FF maps every now and then. But it just gets too overplayed, too many of these maps. C'mon people, limit these playtimes.

ze_eruption_escape_fix NORMAL (PUBLIC) Note: 2 things need to be fixed before it can become public. Add more HP to bosses in every stage (he dies after 10 sec, basically). Second, add a nuke at the end of each stage. Otherwise, it needs an admin intervention.

ze_eruption_escape_fix

not on rotation plis fix

is this shit fixed?