About my suggestion concerning maps nominations and votes

雪yuki

Mapper
Oct 18, 2021
Earth
I don't know if the suggestion I posted in #suggestion-box has been considered or not but I wanted to show what I was talking about.

On the first screenshot we can see that paranoid is nominated and after that Pickle has nominated ze_ep2_plant (a map that nobody will vote for), but on the second screenshot we can see that when it's time to vote he write "paranoid?" in the chat. This time it was not as explicit as usual but he do that every day, when someone has already nominated paranoid he nominate a map that no one will vote for and then ask people to vote for paranoid. This is to prevent players from nominating a map that could win against paranoid during the vote. I think it's not fair for players who want to nominate a map but can't because of people who fill the nomlist with random map, and I think that it shouldn't be allowed, and also that when a player nominate a map he shouldn't be able to vote for anything beside his nomination. There is nothing personal, other people probably do it too but I just think that this shouldn't be allowed.

Attachments

• Jurassic1.png
    Jurassic1.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 24
  • Jurassic2.png
    Jurassic2.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 24
This time both Bomec and Pickle nominated maps that no one will vote for, and when it was time to vote they both told people to vote for paranoid (in voice chat). This time 2 out of 5 nomination slot (40%) were blocked because of that.

Attachments

• Skill1.png
    Skill1.png
    788.2 KB · Views: 19
  • Skill2.png
    Skill2.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 19
Reactions: GS_Bany and Lisa
people didnt even vote for paranoid today even minas they didnt even vote for that

people didnt even vote for paranoid today even minas they didnt even vote for that
Sometimes this strategy works, sometimes it doesn't. But it doesn't even matter if it works or not, it shouldn't be allowed since it's not fair to other players who want to nominate a map that they actually want to play.

Last edited:
Reactions: iszaar
Sometimes this strategy works, sometimes it doesn't. But it doesn't even matter if it works or not, it shouldn't be allowed since it's not fair to other players who want to nominate a map they actually want to play.
Every player can nominate the map they like to play, but if you wait until you see someone nominate paranoid or others, is not their fault that you lost your oportunity.
In other hand i think you are right about changing nominate system, but not that specifically.

Every player can nominate the map they like to play, but if you wait until you see someone nominate paranoid or others, is not their fault that you lost your oportunity.
In other hand i think you are right about changing nominate system, but not that specifically.
I think you don't understand what I mean, I'm saying that it shouldn't be allowed to nominate a map and then asking people to vote for another map (+ that it shouldn't be possible to vote for anything else that your own nomination).

Every player can nominate the map they like to play
They can't if the nomination list is full because of people doing what I showed in my 2 first posts.

but if you wait until you see someone nominate paranoid or others, is not their fault that you lost your oportunity.
No need to wait, in the example I showed they nominated their random map right after the nomination was open. You had like 5 seconds max to nominate a map or it was too late (it would have been ok if they actually wanted to play the map they nominated, but it was obviously not the case and that's the problem).

Last edited:
If we change this we lose my ability to do the reverse, hold Mako/Paranoid hostage and change it to infiltration right before the vote.

Play smarter, not fair :hackermans:
I thought Italians were only smart when it comes to cars, looks like i was wrong!