About FF maps (y i know)

vinto

/420\ From Weed garden /420\
VIP
Oct 11, 2016
France
Guys (and girls) we have to talk about FF maps... I mean honnestly (or let's say fag maps, but FF in general)
Because playing westersand, paramina, then pirate (eventually minas but it's admun only so) all days is clearly not fun. This server is turning into a fag server right now. I just tell things like tey are.

Lack of admin innactivity, players leaving sor somes, for my case i don't want to come in the server since few days even if i join i leave 10 min after to play another game... etc
I'm not saying this is the main reason, but it's clearly not good. So maybe start to think to some restriction, i don't know, something to don't play this all day long.

I will not answer to trolls in this thread, like ppls telling (lolol FF best map, because 1/ clearly not, 2/ it's a serious thread). I know by seeing this some players can be [Internalized Oppression] but i personnally think the way the server is going is not so good as it looks. Playing fag map too much, clearly

Hey, we only play Westersand once every day in the evening :lenny:

We pretty much play the same maps all the time, leaving many good maps underplayed. Personally I dont have much of a problem right now, because I enjoy Westerv8 and Paramina, but I understand that many players think they are overplayed...

I dont really know how to solve this problem tbh, because putting those maps 'admin only' is the wrong approach imo.

Maybe if an admin plans on playing for a few hours on the evening and wants to promote some other maps he could disable Westersand for that evening/night (there is a simple admin command for that).

Reactions: vinto
I know this is bad to say but we decided to revert the decision as the player population seemed to be lower. Most maps now have lower player requirements than before and we decided to trim some maps out of the public nomination that generally are considered bad or boring. Example is escape stroggos and the indiana jones map with stages.

Jenz already changed some setting about map nomination and cooldown, because we have less players theses days.
So idk if it's because we play too much FF map or anything else but yeah I'm a bit agree with you, it's annoying to join the server and see it's again a map we already played thousand of time, but just can't restrict too much thoses map (I think...) arf this is a really hard decision to make >__<

Jenz already changed some setting about map nomination and cooldown, because we have less players theses days.
So idk if it's because we play too much FF map or anything else but yeah I'm a bit agree with you, it's annoying to join the server and see it's again a map we already played thousand of time, but just can't restrict too much thoses map (I think...) arf this is a really hard decision to make >__<
Well you can set a certain map on cooldown, so it cant be nominated for a while. Dunno if that is too much abuse? [USERGROUP=10]@Leader[/USERGROUP] [USERGROUP=8]@Technical Assistant[/USERGROUP] [USERGROUP=11]@Global Admin[/USERGROUP]

Edit: Another approach could be to set Westersands (for example) cooldown so high by default that you can only play it every 2-3 days.

i understand ur point of view, and i don't ask for admun only because it would be stupid for those who like it (and i don't hate wester and paramina, but it's gonna be the same as mako, overplayed, over westerfeeded ). But maybe restrict the number of nominate in a certain period.

The fact is, if i take my exemple because i don't like so much to speak for others :
I join every day, it's simple, no exageration, i see (pretty much in this order) Westersand when i come home, then paramina, then pirate OR minas which is longer). That make few weeks i told this to myself, this is too much. I only see what i see. I come work each day, connecting and seeing same maps

+ yea zegawa i know, and it's a good solution what jenz did. But need to apply it to those map i think... Because it's not the reason number one why ppls leaving unloze, but one of the main reason...

As an exemple of what can happen without no reason : a famous baguette server at the end of his life. Pls like "but mako make the server full and ppls come ouin ouin" . Oh yea that worked 1 month, before ppls all leave one by one because they were bored... I only say things

I'll take some of the blame for the clown fiesta that has been happening lately.
I've been doing a little bit too many "mini-events" forcing maps on ZE because majority (80%) has been liking that.
I'll tone down with the abuse and we'll see if we can establish a little bit more stable of a map rotation.
I regret nothing, Junon 2017 #NeverForget . :wlenny:

Look, people like these maps. We've been playing then everyday for months now. Hell, GFL is the same. There's no point in adding admin only to any of these maps, or restricting them manually without good reason, then the server is a dictatorship. Eventually people will tire of playing these maps and you will get a break for a bit from some of these maps. But why just because a minority think it's overplayed, should we do anything about it. If more people thunk it's overplayed eventually we will just stop playing it as much as those become the majority.

And I do agree, too much of a tryhard atmosphere is cancer. But that doesn't mean we have to play these maps seriously everytime. I've seen some chill minas plays and some chill gris plays and some chill pirate plays and even the occasional chill paramina.

Also @Glacius shouldn't be forcing maps at much :lenny: . Occasionally its fine but the server can't live off tryhards. The only thing you should ever really do is nominate imo and as a guideline it's probably best to play no more than 1 or 2 admin only maps per day (with no forcing just nominating). But me and jenz are never too strict with anyone but if it all goes too far maybe I'll get off my ass and go on the war path, but I do not ever want to add these maps to admin only to clarify.

Last edited:
i agree with all you said kork, but i only tell those maps are overplay (i don't think it's a good idea to put them admin only, of course not). I'm just saying, day after day (and u can see it by players applying on unloze) fag are coming from other servers. From the beggining of unloze the population changed a little, and day after day it's more and more fag only.
In 1 year the server will be populated by those players only and it will be those maps everydays...

You guys know i love others maps like Bio, paper, castlevania. I'm not asking for those map everydays. I'm just daying we should play more variety.

paper is not so tryhard. Ze_noir, boredom (which is not so hard when u know it), mount dome,minecraft adventure.
Also abandonned project, rescuebase, biohazard maps, hypernova, sewer, legoland, parking..... many other exemples.
It's normal ppls vote for those maps everydays because the sarver start to be filled with fag only... almost every days

Reactions: Migza
I feel the same way Vinto. I have not really played for 1 week because of this aswell but people want what people want. I just continue to stay in spec and watch people :iregretmylife2:

i agree with all you said kork, but i only tell those maps are overplay (i don't think it's a good idea to put them admin only, of course not). I'm just saying, day after day (and u can see it by players applying on unloze) fag are coming from other servers. From the beggining of unloze the population changed a little, and day after day it's more and more fag only.
In 1 year the server will be populated by those players only and it will be those maps everydays...

You guys know i love others maps like Bio, paper, castlevania. I'm not asking for those map everydays. I'm just daying we should play more variety.

paper is not so tryhard. Ze_noir, boredom (which is not so hard when u know it), mount dome,minecraft adventure.
Also abandonned project, rescuebase, biohazard maps, hypernova, sewer, legoland, parking..... many other exemples.
It's normal ppls vote for those maps everydays because the sarver start to be filled with fag only... almost every days
your mentioning maps you like which "aren't" tryhard, but any maps can be tryharded these are just the popular ones. That is what I'm trying to say, the server is not fags only, you choose to ignore all the casuals that join for fun because they choose to vote what the guy is screaming on mic and the tryhards are wanting to play. Whereas maps you mention people might not find as fun without someone talking on the mic telling them what to do when they require holds with intelligence. So in all honesty I think that, given time, these maps will become less overplayed as people just get bored of them.

Reactions: qlimaX and Migza
Something I was thinking about in the past could help (maybe). Wanted to suggest this either way: if possible, make the nomination timer a random one. What I mean by that is allowing people to nominate maps at a random point in time. The range should be something like 15 minutes to 5 minutes
(remaining of course). That way the nomination list won't be full in 2 minutes from starting the map, but they still won't know when they can nominate something (again, avoiding filling the nomlist in a short time).
Could be a bad idea but it's the best option I could think right now.

Reactions: Neon and Ostkand
Something I was thinking about in the past could help (maybe). Wanted to suggest this either way: if possible, make the nomination timer a random one. What I mean by that is allowing people to nominate maps at a random point in time. The range should be something like 15 minutes to 5 minutes
(remaining of course). That way the nomination list won't be full in 2 minutes from starting the map, but they still won't know when they can nominate something (again, avoiding filling the nomlist in a short time).
Could be a bad idea but it's the best option I could think right now.
Sounds like a plausible counter to vote brigading actually

I say just do the same you did for Nemesis maps. One gets played, you can't nominate any of them anymore for a few maps to be played, and so on. That'll get a nice cooldown on FF maps.
The problem is people don't spam the nominate command for only ff maps. They do it for more maps (which are of course overplayed).

I feel the same way Vinto. I have not really played for 1 week because of this aswell but people want what people want. I just continue to stay in spec and watch people :iregretmylife2:
YOU JUST WAIT IN THE DARKNESS TO DEMOTE PPL, WE KNOW IT :really::trigger:

The problem is people don't spam the nominate command for only ff maps. They do it for more maps (which are of course overplayed).
But where is the line? Where does it become forced? What restrictions go too far?
The maps are overplayed because people enjoy playing them. Over and over again.
We need a plugin that randomizes the vote list numbers / maps for each player.
That way people can't "4spam", maps, or shout out a certain number when a vote pops up.
I remember pF having this kind of voting on their ZE, and it worked really well, AFAIK.

But where is the line? Where does it become forced? What restrictions go too far?
The maps are overplayed because people enjoy playing them. Over and over again.
We need a plugin that randomizes the vote list numbers / maps for each player.
That way people can't "4spam", maps, or shout out a certain number when a vote pops up.
I remember pF having this kind of voting on their ZE, and it worked really well, AFAIK.
Some people enjoy playing them and they force the other ones to vote the map.
And the randomizer could work, but it won't stop people from spamming to vote their desired map.
We can try it and see how it goes.