Some advices - in my opinion.

bigdo

New User
Oct 20, 2016
Sorry for my English, this is not my native language.

1. Is there any chance to extend maps more times? At some point "9" is nowhere and people can't extend maps without admin on server (Sometimes there is no admin).

2. Is it possible to add number of stages next to map name when it's time to select a new map?
ze_maps < ze_maps (10 stages)* fixed

Or maybe change names of maps?
ze_maps < ze_maps_10_stages* fixed

People often use "4" and do not look what they vote. Maybe number of stages encourage them to rethink about next map.

What do you guys think?

I think renaming maps would only force people to download them again, which... would be no good. But adding number of stages to the voting process actually seems like a neat idea. I see where you are coming from.

actually renaming the .bsp files is horrible as it breaks the custom particles in the map and the custom player models of the map. like 80% of ze maps got custom particles and also alot have playermodels.

actually renaming the .bsp files is horrible as it breaks the custom particles in the map and the custom player models of the map. like 80% of ze maps got custom particles and also alot have playermodels.
and lighting of the whole map get messed up

dont be like Metro who take a mg map, rename it into ze and think it will work :wlenny:

1. Is there any chance to extend maps more times? At some point "9" is nowhere and people can't extend maps without admin on server (Sometimes there is no admin).
All maps have a specific amount of extends, unless changed in the map config. This is to make sure that maps aren't played for too long.
Admins, however, can extend the map if majority of the server wants to extend. Up to the admins who are currently online.
2. Is it possible to add number of stages next to map name when it's time to select a new map?
Jenz & Moltard already replied to this in posts above.

All maps have a specific amount of extends, unless changed in the map config. This is to make sure that maps aren't played for too long.
Admins, however, can extend the map if majority of the server wants to extend. Up to the admins who are currently online.

Okay, I get this... But why? Sometimes to beat map you need more time. If people want to play, why are you taking them this opportunity? (It hurts especially when there is no admin on server who can extend).

ze_ffvii_temple_ancient - this map on stage two have bug. (Cloud not going with humans at some point. Please fix it). :wlenny:

Okay, I get this... But why? Sometimes to beat map you need more time. If people want to play, why are you taking them this opportunity? (It hurts especially when there is no admin on server who can extend).

ze_ffvii_temple_ancient - this map on stage two have bug. (Cloud not going with humans at some point. Please fix it). :wlenny:

If we want to beat a map, that either hasn't been beaten, or has been too long since it was beaten, there will always be an admin on, to extend further.

That of course, implying it's a good map. Fuck your shitty Ffvii temple ancient. That map is so crappy and easy, you don't need more extends than you already have on the server to beat it.

If we want to beat a map, that either hasn't been beaten, or has been too long since it was beaten, there will always be an admin on, to extend further.

That of course, implying it's a good map. Fuck your shitty Ffvii temple ancient. That map is so crappy and easy, you don't need more extends than you already have on the server to beat it.

Please read my post again. And this time use brain.

EDIT: The point is: Sometimes you go easily to last stage (4:0) and sometimes you go there with a lot of effort (4:10). Then you really want beat this map and no one can extend because of no admin. And I'm not talking especially about Ancient map.

Last edited:
You know what's funny I heard this exact argument (people mindlessly press 4) 5 years ago on pF but at that time it was everyone mindlessly press 1 so they took the 1 option away. My point is I don't think people are mindlessly pressing it. I think they just want the map.