Strongfield

Retired Admin
Mapper
VIP
Aug 1, 2017
Germany
Hello there,
I'd like to share my map here with you.
As you can read it takes place in Ravenholm.
At the moment it is a small map but more will be added during the next months.

Features:
64 spawnpoints (of course)
1 Human Item (crowbar)

and thats it just check it out if you like to

Link and more info : https://gamebanana.com/maps/197026

If you have any critic, opinions or suggestions feel free to reply

-Strongfield

Attachments

• 20170910185813_1.jpg
    20170910185813_1.jpg
    240.8 KB · Views: 20
  • 20170910185926_1.jpg
    20170910185926_1.jpg
    293.6 KB · Views: 20
That's good to hear.

A gamebanana user reported some issues, I have fixed it and i`ll upload an update of the map with (hopefully) all extra stuff packed into it, in the afternoon.
The packers didn't caught everything...

your logic_auto sets mp_timelimit 10. that means the map will change after a single round.

I think you meant to put mp_roundtime 10 instead.

No, I want the map at its current form as a quick map which is done fast, because it only has 1 stage.
Usually people want something new after they have finished the map.
I may change it to set the mp_timelimit to 4 after a human victory, so that the players dont have to play the same stage over and over again or rtving it.

EDIT: Ah if I do that, the timelimit will be changed everytime if the humans win which could cause a loop of the map. I'll increase it to 12.5 minutes with the regular logic_auto at newgame

Last edited:
There are so many things wrong / odd / weird in this map that it made LMS bug list look small.
However, don't give up on mapping, and keep improving!
Edit: Setting mp_timelimit is a horrible idea. Let players decide what to do. That is not for the map to decide.

Reactions: Struppi and Kris
Hm, ill give it a shot but I still think it's gonna be rtved away after the first victory, but yeah let's give the player the decision.

I agree, if you watch it from the mapping side there are still a lot things to improve, but those things come with time and expierience.
Map-optimization is still a very unexpierienced thing for me, but my focus right now lies on a stable gameplay.
However, I'll keep working on this map and make it better step by step.

Added a slight update on the map today.
I have still problems with the packers.
The ones who are working are not adding everything and I can't be sure which stuff is there by default and which one has to be added.
I hope that I've got everything this time.
If some one sees a missing texture or an error model, then please reply.

Keep track of every model, material and texture, as well as sound you use in the map, and have them in a separate location from your CS:S folder.
This way you can easily use a packer to pack an entire folder you know that has everything in it without any real hassle.
Going through everything just to find particular files is a chore. It's better to be systematic now than later.

I've used VIDE ever since i found it, its great. It supports auto scanning of everything, the only things it skips over is files like mapname_particles.txt, and a few others like that. But generally it finds all custom textures/models/sounds/ect. If you need help with how VIDE works, feel free to give me a mention/poke :P

Keep a folder will all the contents from your map inside, like glacius said.
I suggest you to have it in cstrike/custom/CoolName/

Use Pakrat to pack your map. You will just drag the materials, models, sound,.. folders from CoolName.
And everything will be packed.

You will also be able to move the CoolFolder folder on your desktop to test if packing worked.
There might be issue like not being able to move/delete (Not allowed) that folder anymore because Valve fucked up with something in some update.
You can still go inside the folders, to delete all the files first, and then delete the empty folder. That's the only way to delete the files.

Updated the map.
I have removed one forgotten CT-Spawnpoint (used it to check the scale of the surroundings).
Added some details and a few lights.
I have also removed the mp_timelimit set.
Please tell me then, when you are going to test it.

Reactions: Lambda
Wow ok, ill remove the nav.

Thank you for reporting it to me. I have removed the .nav file and I wont add it in future updates because there is no need for this file.

Last edited:
Alright alright my first testrun with you on the server.
I'm highly motivated to fix the issues and make it more enjoyable.
(fix the crates
edit some holding times
lower the breakable-health
fix some little bugs aka the fucking elevator)