Where does your nickname come from?

Rippër

スカー藩主
Veteran Admin
Sep 2, 2018
Portugal
What's up?

I always had a curiosity regarding nicknames and I decided to create this thread to anyone who's willing to share where does your nickname come from or why are you named like that.

My nickname Rippër can be very basic. It's not Ripper neither Rippeur or even Rippr as some of you might call me :wlenny: . It is the nickname from a legend of Heavy Metal, Hall of Famer, the solo guitarist from Metallica named Kirk Hammett. Since I was young I used to hear a lot of music and I even tried to pursue a Musician career. When my dad introduced me to Heavy Metal, I got completely addicted to Metallica and I did marathons hearing their albums.

I used this nickname since the beginning of 2016, as I was named XXItachi, which some people might know me from pF or EUFrag (explanations for the nickname not really required, right? xd)

For a lot of time I had a profile picture of Kirk Hammett, but I changed to Scarlxrd, which is a rapper that mixes the metal genre in his songs and it's pretty dope (check it out if you want)

kirkcigar.jpgscarlxrd2.jpgscarlxrddraw.png

(Kirk Hammett - Scarlxrd - Drawing of Scarlxrd) [by order]

Hello, I like the idea of "Nickname Origins" like u said, so I'm gonna tell u how I come with my nickname

I have this name since 2016, when I was playing various games like Minecraft and stuff. One of the games that helped me come with the nickname was Geometry Dash (PC). I was pretty bad at the game because I couldn't win ultra demon difficulty levels and then I was thinking to cheat. I didn't have a username then nor an account and I was just playing the levels. After I've installed the cheat client, I've decided to check the top 1 player, who was called Michigan . I've also decided to make an account who was called "xMiniGun" . x stands for 10 (or being 10 times better than top1), Mini stands for the mini version of top1 and Gun which sounds much cooler than "Gan" and I stuck up with that.
Imma be real, considering myself better with cheats than top1 is pretty dissapointing, but eh that was me when I was 10.

After a while, I've stopped playing Geometry Dash and I've continued playing Minecraft with the same name. I joined in a minecraft community and played there for 3 years. The community had a GTA like gamemode and I began playing because I loved weapons (I still do). During the first days of the community, players told me the full name, but after I became a staff member in that community (which was for a while), they called me Mini instead of xMiniGun because it was much easier for them, so I stuck up with that. Some players thought I would choose my name by loving miniguns, which is not actually true, even tho it was a coincidence by playing GTA in minecraft.

Since then, I kept my typo as "I am mini"...
Now you may be wondering, what's up with the freaking dot? Well, the dot is originates from Discord and before getting nitro, I tried to change my tag for free to be a much cooler tag, but the username (Mini) wasn't available, so I put a dot to work (Mini.) . I did not change my name afterwards because it was unnecessary to change it back. The dot is not really important to me, but I guess I can be known with the dot :smug:

And this is where we are now, the weird story of my name. BTW, I still use the name xMiniGun in some games because it's a cool name in my perspective. Hope u liked the weird story

Bantu = bantu holomisa
Zhenyuan Daxian = Character from classical novel journey to the west
Qi tian da sheng = Character from classical novel journey to the west, another name for Son Wukong
Mei hou wang = classical novel journey to the west, also another name for Son wukong
Methuselah = Character from bible/book of genesis
Hraesvelgr = a mythological being from norse mythology
Haenir = diety in norse mythology
zp = Zephaniah, character from bible
dg = Deo gratias
dt = deuteronomion
Qebesenuef = Ancient egyptian diety
Amon-Ra = Ancient egyptian diety

and can't be arsed explaining my 100 names I've used since time.
But generally names from history because I like history.

Basicly a Dark Souls 2 SOFT Invader with a tiny bit of lore which states

Born of Aldia's obsession with the First Sin, the Forlorn lost both their corporeal form and a world to call their own. Now they drift into other worlds, ever in search of a home.But without self, one has neither beginning nor end, and so the Forlorn have only to wander.

Also Forlorn translates to abandoned or pitiful which is a pretty often reocurring theme in a lot of metal songs

this is the best one tho

My initial IGN was RijstMetKip, which basically means “rice with chicken” translated from the drunken German language. I used to have a different IGN, but I wanted to have something more funny/memorable. When I was brainstorming for a new name, I started to remember a fond memory of my younger days.
Back in 2013 I played Minecraft (Pocket Edition) with my brother and my distant cousin while on vacation. My brothers IGN back then was KipMetEi as a joke, which basically means “chicken with egg”. Because we kept fighting on that Minecraft world, I decided to name myself to “RijstMetKip” as I saw that as a good opposite. (just like Red vs Blu in TF2)
Remembering that name, I started to use it from that point onwards. After a while I changed the name to KipMetRijst because more people started to call me Kip for short, but recently I was forced by the evil Senior Admin Rippër to change my name to just Kip which made the last part obsolete.

Other names seen on Steam are just inside jokes with no real meaning behind it honestly.

My initial IGN was RijstMetKip, which basically means “rice with chicken” translated from the drunken German language. I used to have a different IGN, but I wanted to have something more funny/memorable. When I was brainstorming for a new name, I started to remember a fond memory of my younger days.
Back in 2013 I played Minecraft (Pocket Edition) with my brother and my distant cousin while on vacation. My brothers IGN back then was KipMetEi as a joke, which basically means “chicken with egg”. Because we kept fighting on that Minecraft world, I decided to name myself to “RijstMetKip” as I saw that as a good opposite. (just like Red vs Blu in TF2)
Remembering that name, I started to use it from that point onwards. After a while I changed the name to KipMetRijst because more people started to call me Kip for short, but recently I was forced by the evil Senior Admin Rippër to change my name to just Kip which made the last part obsolete.

Other names seen on Steam are just inside jokes with no real meaning behind it honestly.
Based ahahaha :lul:

I took a really long time to create/find the nickname I'll use everywhere for possibly an eternity.

Maybe the story of nickname started when for the first time I came to EuroClub (Summer Camp) in age of ~8. Our counselor in my squad (in camp they are called  cities according to camp statute) asked everyone to choose their nicknames instead of using the real ones. I was thinking for a long time, but I decided to call myself... Rap. (yeah...)

And during 3 camp shifts (called sessions) I kept this stupid nickname because I hadn't a better idea for it (also I was recognizable by it).

Then, I started to play in Net4All indefinite time later under different nicknames (the most used was Trollface).

Then once I won an event an got a VIP. I was exploring it's features and then I got an idea to call myself Pelmen, because:
1) I like eating them (Pelmenis are russian/ukrainian (actually Ural) dumplings)
2) My father cooked them the best unlike my mother. It tasted so goddamn good!
3) The brand of pelmenis my father cooked was called «Сибирская Коллекция»/«Sibirskaya Kollektsiya» (they cost ~500 rubles in past, they were premium). As a result I used «Сибирский» aka «Siberian» as my chat tag.
4) When I became Pelmen, many people liked the name (pelmenis are one of the best foods, atleast in Russia) and I got popularity and friends.
5) My mom said that my nickname phonetically sound «soft and pleasant».

I decided to keep it (and since the 4th camp shift I changed my old nickname to a newer one and made even more friends), and since then I am still Pelmen after all. (even when I sometimes temporarily change the nickname people recognize me by lennies).

Then I spread it to all accounts I had.

After N4A crisis and disappointment in it (those idiots played pirates 24/7) I decided to permanently rename myself from Russian version (Пельмень) to English and go to foreign projects.

That's it!

It's the name of my scaley OC. Glacius Verglas. That's about it.
Old timers may remember me as "ShadowBerry", which used to be a pony OC, now rather unused, since the fandom went to shit.
And those who have been here since the beginning days might remember me as "Blue Dragon", which was just me combining my favourite colour and dragons.

Many of you jews make fun of my name calling me a dishwasher product but it's actually from the movie deadpool after the antagonist whose name is Ajax, I liked the sound of his name so I yoinked it.
1654093981953.png < This guy (MOVIE IS AWESOME BTW GO WATCH IT)

I used to go by 2 different names back in the day but that was for TF2 (I'm an outcast there now) and most of my steam aliases are either retarded inside jokes, arabic slurs or just warship names because I am currently addicted to playing Azur Lane (China Worshipping Simulator Aka Gacha)

That's about it really.

My name was an accident, back in 2018 i was playing in some mg server and there was a girl who asked me to rename myself as my irl name
I ended up writing it wrong without noticing and i liked it so i kept using it till now.

so yeah :harambe:

It's fun to say this but ... years ago i wanted to be a youtuber someday and i was thinking the nickname in a night right before i was going to sleep, for make sure that people can find me easily, i was going to put the 3 first words of a famous youtuber, there was a really famous youtuber called "Fernanfloo" i used to watch a lot his videos back and i choosed him because i was interested that my first 3 letter would be Fer, so i caught "Fer" and started to think the rest, randomly i thought "Fereloz", i liked Fereloz so much because the name was so fun and original to me, some time later i lost the hope of beign a youtuber, but i was still liking my nickname so i decided to be called like that in Internet and videogames, it has been a lot since i have chosen that and i still like it.

Attachments

• leepikprofile.jpg
    leepikprofile.jpg
    11.9 KB · Views: 5
When it comes to my nickname, Filips, its also my irl nickname. It started when I was maybe 14 and some dude I was friends with noticed that I always used a pair of cheap big blue headphones. They were panasonic headphones but he did not know that. And one day he started calling me Filips because he thought the headphones were made by Philips. And so the nickname stuck around but I like it.

They looked like picrel but with more blue.

Attachments

• panasonic_rp_hx450c_k_streetband_monitor_headphone_black_1001748.jpg
    panasonic_rp_hx450c_k_streetband_monitor_headphone_black_1001748.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 2