Timer on Course

timers on course?

• yes

Votes: 15 93.8%
  • no

Votes: 1 6.3%

• Total voters
We want to add a timer to the mg, but adding the 'blackie timer' that is used in most bhop server wouldnt be good for the following reason:

upload_2019-6-14_14-24-34.png

It might also be a very heavy plugin, that we cant unload.

If you know a basic timer, feel free to link it.

Since it's just for course maps, we dont need anything special like the 'styles'. Just something to count the time, make start and ending zones, and store all in some database.

Reactions: Brook
im pretty busy til monday tbh, assuming i pass i got almost 2-3 months to work on race timer. i plan to implement the one from ze to MG eventually if nobody gets ahead of me with any other timer. first however i gotta work on a web part for viewing it doe, it will first show ze, if thats done eventually and theres still no timer for mg i will try to implement it on mg.

Reactions: Babadabook ☂
Hmm, I'm not sure when Unloze was young Jenz, Slutty Rainbow and Rushaway had a timer working on course maps... I'm not sure if Rushaway developed it himself though... @jenz
what about a stripped down bhop timer addon or ...
https://github.com/0blu/Timer
https://github.com/shavitush/bhoptimer

In theory, there's a timer already /running/ on mg, it was already tested quite a long time ago, but I decided to not release it until I was recording records so we could keep an eye on someone cheating.

Related to the timers you mentioned here, oblus timer is a fork of someones timer, which is a fork of zipcores timer, which is a fork of alongubs timer, and that timer is... extremely under optimized.

Shavits timer is a really good alternative, I've used it in the past and has been quite fleshed out these last months, but it suffers from the same issue as blackies, as it would need a huge strip down.

Now, I've learned my lesson when it comes to promises, so here's what I WILL say: I'm going to attempt to get a version running in the next few days that just does the basic and when I finish my work, I'll attempt to flesh it out.