The deplorable state of the zombie riot server (RANT AND CRITICISM)

TheSilentBang

Veteran Admin
Oct 31, 2016
United Arab Emirates
forum.png
The ZR server as of right now is in a very bad condition in terms of player base and couple other things.

rant

As you can see 2 BOTS (who only have a knife to kill humans) are in the top 13 in terms of points, like wtf lol? where did all the ZR player base go?

The maps and the current settings of the mode have major balancing issues.

Most regular players know spots on the map where you can cheese the kills and kill the zombies very easily because your just high enough so as the zombies can't knife you and they all gather at that one point below that spot so you can head shot them very easily. This doesn't require team work at all and can be done by just one person.
The maps need to be edited so the humans have some spots where they have a chance to go up against the zombies when there are only a couple of humans on the server (which is basically happening everyday right now).

Another thing is that no admin gives one about the server, i am very sad to say this but it's true, an admin has yet to connect to the server and get kills on it. If the admins don't care about the server how will it get better then? I've personally noticed a trend where if for example: 2 players are playing on the server the chances of more players joining increases by tenfold because nobody wants to go up alone against 16 zombies with more than usual HP. So even if only 1-2 admins regularly play on the server then the server has more chances to get populated.

One more thing the server/mode needs is something the players need to look forward to round after round, right now when a player dies or an exhausting round ends that player 60% of the time leaves because they don't have any thing to achieve or look forward to other than to get higher on the ranking system. The server needs some awards, prizes or SOMETHING the player strives to get.

/rant

I know this was a long post but the server needs attention and i urge the admins to please read the whole post and take it into consideration.

I'll add more things as they come up.

well no-steam should work on the ZR server now, stripper should also be loaded. With stripper we can block off camping areas. We do not really know if no-steam works before actual no-steam players suceeded in connecting to it but if they do people would not need those impossible to reach areas any more for surviving rounds.

Reactions: Bird Is The Word