Plugin hiding nearby players

Nikolay

User
Jan 17, 2021
Russia
Hello administrators and players, I suggest adding a plugin ( !hide ) that hides players nearby, in cs go there is such a plugin on many servers, and in css I have not seen it at all, if there is such an opportunity, why not add it? This will greatly help optimization and usability.

we instead run serverside transparency where players get hidden if too many are too close to one another. This is less expensive than running !hide which hides all clients globally.

Reactions: Sanji and Middy
we instead run serverside transparency where players get hidden if too many are too close to one another. This is less expensive than running !hide which hides all clients globally.

It seems to me that transparency is useless, nothing is visible from a large number of players, besides, they do not always become transparent, I play at high settings, so I don’t think it’s just me, and transparency does not solve anything in optimization. In cs go, players become transparent three steps away from you. But for cs, most likely there is no such plugin, but there is only a plugin that removes all teammates, good. I'll have to play like that)))

Reactions: jenz
If interested, as I know there is such a plug-in only on Mapeadores ZE in cs go which hides not all teammates, but only allies three steps away from you

It seems to me that transparency is useless, nothing is visible from a large number of players, besides, they do not always become transparent, I play at high settings, so I don’t think it’s just me, and transparency does not solve anything in optimization. In cs go, players become transparent three steps away from you. But for cs, most likely there is no such plugin, but there is only a plugin that removes all teammates, good. I'll have to play like that)))
the transparency is about being less costly for the server to run, not the client. normal /hide eats unhealthy amount of resources from the server if its full. /hide but based on only team mates inside a certain range would maybe not eat too much resources. i already have a very full list of things to do but maybe i get time in Febuary to try around with that idea on unloze dev server.

Reactions: Migza and Nikolay