Got burn out so hard on CSS (ZE in general)

PHoMi

User
Jul 29, 2021
I was so addicted into ZE for about 2-3 years when I first saw on YT. The very first game that make me spent few days searched and learned how to change weapons origin because go over 90 fov is not an option without sv_cheats 1 and tried to learn how to use hammer++ (still in basic) . That was 2 months ago however.
Now, whenever I boot up CSS I just stared at main menu for few minutes, quit and asked myself "wtf am I even doing?" or looked into server and saw surf map (I don't like this gamemode) or map related to lasers (lag problem) and quit. I can't even tell myself to practice hammer++ because I have no motivation.
As some of u guys know, CSS Asia server not existed and even if they still, none of them speak English. So I have to dealt with 280-300 ping all the time on UNLOZE, Which lead to my gameplay: 70% idle/fucked around and 30% actual tryhard on non surf, items, bosses and lasers maps.
I don't have any friend that have any interested in CSS ( because CSGO existed, and also Asian) and the few moments I did have some fun were when Bomec, Shino and maybe Jass and Vanster joined (some mic spam moments too). Bomec is quite often funny; Shino, the only person I actual interacted with few times because I like his personality and his voice for some reasons?; and Vanster destroyed entire server which I saw quite amusing. Beside those moments, the rest of the time I spent on server was...in autopilot mode.
So for some still have fun in ZE, how did u guys managed to hold this long?
Sorry for this long and all over the place thread, I just tried to make sense of my mind and seek other opinions.

I have said this before but personally css ze is very relaxing for me to play, it can get tiring defending but what really keeps me around is just familiar faces. You get a sense of belonging and it's nice to see people you recognize on the server and not just constant strangers that you will never see after the match ends. Haven't played actively in a while but it's what kept me around for 5 years, currently I just feel like I need a break maybe from games in general.

Anyways I wouldn't mind teaching you how to change weapons origin, it's a bit time consuming but it's very due-able, also you seem familiar with hammer++ so I assume you're on the discord (if you aren't then you should join). There are a few folks that would gladly help you with any mapping related problems. When learning hammer allow it to take time, it's weird and complicated in it's own way but try to make some small map and play around with physics or entities. Personally I enjoy messing around with game_player_equip and doing Pressedattack2 > !activator > Addoutput > basevelocity 0 0 250. Not sure if that last bit helps but you might have an epiphany in the future

Reactions: jenz and PHoMi
I have said this before but personally css ze is very relaxing for me to play, it can get tiring defending but what really keeps me around is just familiar faces. You get a sense of belonging and it's nice to see people you recognize on the server and not just constant strangers that you will never see after the match ends. Haven't played actively in a while but it's what kept me around for 5 years, currently I just feel like I need a break maybe from games in general.

Anyways I wouldn't mind teaching you how to change weapons origin, it's a bit time consuming but it's very due-able, also you seem familiar with hammer++ so I assume you're on the discord (if you aren't then you should join). There are a few folks that would gladly help you with any mapping related problems. When learning hammer allow it to take time, it's weird and complicated in it's own way but try to make some small map and play around with physics or entities. Personally I enjoy messing around with game_player_equip and doing Pressedattack2 > !activator > Addoutput > basevelocity 0 0 250. Not sure if that last bit helps but you might have an epiphany in the future
Hi Kaka, Thanks for ur reply =)
I did know how to change weapons origin thanks to some random comment on gamebanana few months ago which I didn't remember lol. I dedicated spening few days finding perfect weapons model because VALVe just didn't bother to finsh their (Till now I brainlessly comeback try to change those I'm not even bother to play with).
About hammer++, I only know the very basic like buyzone, put thing here and there, not making any gap void, ... . Is just that I don't have enough patience or motivation to learn to do a medium size map and I'm afraid people shit on it. My goal of learning hammer++ was making a map balance enough for zoms and humans both can win fairly. I'm ok with criticisms but when negatives so high I just don't feel it.
But again, thanks.

Reactions: Kaka
ThreadNecro.gif