Extra Ammo (Discussion)

I'm gonna be honest, Unloze settings feel unfair and bullshit no matter which team you're on. For a zombie, sneaky solo attacks are infeasible because you'll get knocked to the other side of the map by the sheer barrage of bullets and AWPs. A lone human, on the other hand, can't effectively backpedal+defend because he'll get overrun by speed zombies. This all has the effect that teammates clump together and everything becomes a numbers game, rather than a product of individual efforts.

Most days I just end up feeling frustrated and go back to GFL.
For that I blame the new people that have never played this mode (not that it's a bad thing, they will learn), but don't blame the settings. If only good people would play here the settings wouldn't matter that much (of course without exagerating).

I'm gonna be honest, Unloze settings feel unfair and bullshit no matter which team you're on. For a zombie, sneaky solo attacks are infeasible because you'll get knocked to the other side of the map by the sheer barrage of bullets and AWPs. A lone human, on the other hand, can't effectively backpedal+defend because he'll get overrun by speed zombies. This all has the effect that teammates clump together and everything becomes a numbers game, rather than a product of individual efforts.

Well I get pushed to the other side of the map more often on Gfl, with the rudiculous knockback, than on Unloze

So let me get this straight:
You feel like you should be able to hold off several zombies as a lone human and be able to single handedly wipe out the human team when you're a zombie? Newsflash! Zombie Escape IS a numbers game. It's TEAM ORIENTED for both sides.
Just because you'd love to wreck the human team as a solo zombie doesn't make it fun or interactive.
You need to work in numbers on the zombie team, to overrun the humans.
As for human side, you have so many items on most maps it's ridiculously easy to win maps with a half-decent human team.
It's not the ammo, it's the 12 items the map gives.

Oh, and ask BotoX to remove bhop on ZE for 1 week and see how god damn easy the game becomes on GFL. :hdlenny:

Last edited:
So let me get this straight:
You feel like you should be able to hold off several zombies as a lone human and be able to single handedly wipe out the human team when you're a zombie? Newsflash! Zombie Escape IS a numbers game. It's TEAM ORIENTED for both sides. Just because you'd love to wreck the human team as a solo zombie doesn't make it fun or interactive. You need to work in numbers on the zombie team, to overrun the humans.
As for human side, you have so many items on most maps it's ridiculously easy to win maps with a half-decent human team. It's not the ammo, it's the 12 items the map gives.

Oh, and ask BotoX to remove bhop on ZE for 1 week and see how god damn easy the game becomes on GFL. :hdlenny:
@Soft Serve , you have been served, fucking rekt.

to make ze more fairplay just prohibit script BHOP and i'm sure it would be a beggining :kappa: (because we all know that even if bhop hax is forbiden there is several scripters).

The plugin we have that allows us to keep track of people scripting seems to be broken ZE wide, so we can't really do anything about that for now.
When we find an alternative or a fix to the plugin, we'll be sure to enable it.

The plugin we have that allows us to keep track of people scripting seems to be broken ZE wide, so we can't really do anything about that for now.

Actually, we have a working jumps plugin on GFL now :kappa:

This is kinda getting off topic, so I'll just give my opinion.
My only problems with double ammo are the ridiculously easy bosses, and the weapon damage.

The first "problem" is self-explanatory, and fixing it would be very time consuming (if anyone is willing to do it lmao).

By weapon damage I'm referring to the damage against zombies. Even though knockback is apparently reduced, I still think double ammo is OP with the current weapon damage. Zombies are very easily killed on defense-heavy maps, so my suggestion is to increase the hp on all zombie classes.

And the goddamn AWPs, please for the love of god disable them on maps like gris, I've had a horrible experience as a zombie there.

Also...
Oh, and ask BotoX to remove bhop on ZE for 1 week and see how god damn easy the game becomes on GFL.

Wouldn't the same apply here as well?

New Admin meeting inc ? :wlenny:

Well Xen I can't be disagree with you, zombie are too weak on some maps (wanderer for example) they need more HP. For example the "tank" class is no really a tank except for the fact you can't knocback them a lot, okay they have more hp but not enough as a tank imo.

For the bhop (maybe it was a coincidence) but when I go on GFL and we play Paramina admins always enable bhop, (for thoses who don't know, paramina have bhop disable) so yeah paramina is easy on GFL

fail nade are disabled on tryhard maps. they are enabled on most old school/fun map

On unloze they are enable on all maps, but thx for the info didn't know that. :3

Maybe now we can stop comparing Unloze and GFL :3

I think zegawa said all, stop comparing unloze to GFL, even if the 2 server are quite similar (not in configuration, but int he fun and jokes on the serv).

For the bhop part i agree it's much harder on unloze, but it's a good thing i love that

I've made my view point perfectly clear since Unloze started, so I will keep this quite short.

I speak with experience playing on every currently active ZE server there is on CS:S and also now CS:GO servers when I tell you that Unloze has one of the easiest settings of any server in either game. If you keep trying to argue against that you are being delusional because this is simply a fact. THIS IS NOT A BAD THING THOUGH. I consider this a very fun and laid-back server to play on. That is why a lot of people enjoy playing here. It has some fun and "Lifeblood of Zombie Escape" like GFL, but it seems like the people are more welcoming. At the same time, you have to be realistic though. Any win on Unloze settings cannot be counted as a "legitimate" win. I feel this way and so do many others who have felt a wide variety of difficulties. The feeling of accomplishment simply isn't there. It is extremely easy to hold zombies and kill bosses even with less knock-back and added boss hp. Having a larger clip is simply very complicated to compensate for. I'm sure a lot of you guys remember Hellz.fr. The server was fun to play but if you won there you can't really be proud of your win because it just wasn't up to par with the other server's feeling of a "challenge". One bad side-effect of this is that in many maps people are used to it being a certain level of difficulty (since they mainly play here), but in reality, the map is something else entirely. It is really good to help the newer players (I'm all for that!) but at the same time, spoiling them and allowing them to think a certain map can be played a certain way which is totally unrealistic, is unacceptable if you want them to eventually learn more about Zombie Escape. Most of what I saw in this discussion were excuses, most of which missed the point or were irrelevant, while at the same time people speaking accurate things were dismissed.

I still applaud you guys in this community for trying to be friendly and accommodating for as many people as possible while at the same time trying to have unique settings. If it were up to me, I would reduce the clip size and take off 'awps' on stage maps, but you can keep doing your thing if its working for you.
All I ask is to not try to blatantly lie and say things that are simply not true regarding the difficulty of settings here and elsewhere.

Be true to yourselves and keep having a fun server,
Backy

Last edited:
I've made my view point perfectly clear since Unloze started, so I will keep this quite short.
Well, to be honest, it is somewhat easier in terms of map tactics, but rest assured, the difficulty is still there.
The fact that AWPs are enabled on stage maps is not an intended feature, and should be something the server manager should see to.
While I do agree that the double clip is helpful, it only gives you an additional second of up-time compared to a normal sized clip.
Also, the fact that most new try-hard maps have ammo to be used at boss fights, resulting in heavy damage, I don't think we have that much of an edge.
You have to remember, that we also have to cater to a lot of newer players as our settings allow them to play, and that affects the difficulty by itself.
This community is extremely vocal, and most new players are willing to learn if the first thing they hear doesn't happen to be Torch- Rainbo-- Well, uhh, yeah.
Anyway, thank you for your constructive post, and I hope to see you around! (Also, you should totally upload an avatar.~)

But the fact is some mapper accept server with unlimited ammo as a legit win why a double clip is not legit then ?

If GFL dont like extra ammo why tmp have the same ammount of bullet than P90 ?

Why you can easily push a zombie with your little elites and then say gfl is harder?

Well nvm I think we can close this no ?
It just started as a war between GFL and unloze, but we're supposed to be friend