Status
Not open for further replies.

Blake

Retired Admin
Oct 11, 2016
Romania
Event #330 || Nomination Thread
Keep in mind the following guidelines:
  • You can nominate either a single map or a fitting group of maps, provided that they do not have a senselessly long duration (obviously depending on the number of maps you are nominating).
  • Map(s) should be difficult and event-worthy in some way.
  • Type the full name of the map(s) with its specific version
  • You may come up with some restrictions or changes for the map(s) (for example no items).
  • Be creative, the more unique event the better.
  • At least 4 likes are required for a nomination to be considered.
  • Only the top 5 will be selected for the poll. If there are no top 5, event managers will have to be selective.
  • Event managers can alter/edit/modify/remove a nomination if they consider it not event-worthy.

You may nominate up until Tuesday 08/03/22 22:59 GMT+0
This is the Event Nomination Thread for next week's Event.

Maps that are currently on cooldown (you can not nominate them):
- ze_sandstorm_css_v1_5x3
- ze_eternal_journey_css_v1_4t8
- ze_chronus_a1s
- ze_antfarm_2vs
- ze_no_title_v1_3s7
- ze_scp_containment_breach_v1_b02
- ze_ancient_wrath_v2_test27
- ze_ratescape_v5_4css1
- ze_last_man_standing_v5_1

CS:S ZE Map List, so you can get some idea of your own Custom Event!
Be creative, the more unique an event is the better.

Reactions: William! :D and Kip

Übersreik Five, or four, it doesn't matter

We'll play ze_lotr_mines_of_moria_v6_3testfix.bsp

But, the kickers are (oh boi here we go);
  • Only four people are humans, they're considered a team, which will have to complete a run through the level defending against a horde of zombies
  • Rest of the people are zombies
  • Zombies have reduced HP and slightly increased knockback
  • CT's have slightly higher movement speed
  • Guns have higher magazine size (at least double)
  • CT's cant get infected, they can only be knifed to death
  • CT's have a higher HP pool than normal (minimum 175)
  • CT's regenerate HP very slowly if they are all gathered within eachother (128 units), for example 5 HP every 30th second
  • Once a player has been selected for a run, they cant be selected again for a while
  • The Ring and Both Saruman's and Gandalf's staff will always be available for each run

Winning the map does not mean going to the next map, rather; the next team gets to play.
Winning teams recieve the VIP Award as usual.

@4Echo
can you explain how exactly do you want these to happen?

CT's regenerate HP very slowly if they are all gathered within eachother (128 units), for example 5 HP every 30th second

Once a player has been selected for a run, they cant be selected again for a while
also, back when there was an event where the ratio was 1:3 (so 3 times more zms), i was told it didn't work (i'm not sure in which way, all i was told that it stopped working after the 1st round), so how do you intend to only choose 4?

@4Echo
can you explain how exactly do you want these to happen?

also, back when there was an event where the ratio was 1:3 (so 3 times more zms), i was told it didn't work (i'm not sure in which way, all i was told that it stopped working after the 1st round), so how do you intend to only choose 4?

HP is quite easy, attach an inactive trigger_hurt with a negative value to one of the ct's, as well as a game_zone_player
If 4 players are in the game_zone_player, enable the trigger_hurt for 1,5 seconds every 30 seconds. If not, well do nothing.
Dont forget the logic_timer initated by the logic_auto.

So practically: logic_timer > onTimer > game_zone_player > CountPlayersInZone > "4"> trigger_hurt > enable

If game_zone_player doesn't work a logic_branch paired with a math_counter and trigger_multiple would work.
Stripper all this in on the ring item.

For the code, I'm kinda hacking away here but:

public void PerformHordeSelection(bool reselect) { int PotentialHordeCount; int PotentialHordeClient[64]; for (int client = 4; client <= MaxClients; client++) { if (IsClientInGame(client) && IsPlayerAlive(client) && ZR_IsClientHuman(client)) { if(IsFakeClient(client)) continue; if(g_iPreviousHordeClient(client)) continue; PotentialHordeClient[PotentialHordeCount] = client; PotentialHordeCount++; } } if(PotentialHordeCount < 1) { CPrintToChatAll("{purple}Horde Mode:{red} Couldn't find valid clients to set as Team. Aborting on this round.", g_iHordeClient); return; } g_iHordeClient = PotentialHordeClient[GetRandomInt(0, PotentialHordeCount - 1)]; CPrintToChatAll("{purple}Horde Mode:{red} {white}%N{red} are the current team! goodluck!", g_iHordeClient); if (!reselect) { CPrintToChatAll("{purple}Horde Mode:{red}"); CPrintToChatAll("{purple}Horde Mode:{red}"); CPrintToChatAll("{purple}Horde Mode:{red}"); } if (!reset_horde) { CPrintToChatAll("{purple}Resetting Horde Mode:{red}"); CPrintToChatAll("{purple}Resetting Horde Mode:{red}"); CPrintToChatAll("{purple}Resetting Horde Mode:{red}"); client == client; } }

In there's a way to save whatever g_iPreviousHordeClient is that targets a player between rounds it shouldn't be a problem, then after for example 8 rounds !reset_horde could be fired to reset everyone back to a client. I'm not a programmer, I'm just spitballing here.

If Horde team could get their own @ in sourcemod as well that could be a plus, so you could play around in the infection code to target everyone else except the @HordeTeam

Reactions: masotflikr and Revo
Status
Not open for further replies.