Anyone know how to reduce or complely remove lag spike?

PHoMi

User
Jul 29, 2021
Device name LAPTOP-I63GQ9PQ
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-8250U CPU @ 1.60GHz 1.80 GHz
Installed RAM 8.00 GB (7.88 GB usable)
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Pen and touch No pen or touch input is available for this display

I'd appreciated if someone know how to since I had the longest lag spike in this game than any other ones by far

Last edited by a moderator:
Device name LAPTOP-I63GQ9PQ
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-8250U CPU @ 1.60GHz 1.80 GHz
Installed RAM 8.00 GB (7.88 GB usable)
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Pen and touch No pen or touch input is available for this display

I'd appreciated if someone know how to since I had the longest lag spike in this game than any other ones by far
Do you first of all experience lag on only CSS or other games too? Smart to verify game cache to see if you are missing any important files.
Check your hard drive. If your storage is almost full, your PC will run slower and unnecessary junk and programs should be deleted and uninstalled.
You also want to close and quit any other programs that are running on your laptop while playing games.

Reactions: PHoMi
Do you first of all experience lag on only CSS or other games too? Smart to verify game cache to see if you are missing any important files.
Check your hard drive. If your storage is almost full, your PC will run slower and unnecessary junk and programs should be deleted and uninstalled.
You also want to close and quit any other programs that are running on your laptop while playing games.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=864504043&searchtext=network

I would recommend reading through this and make an autoexec for it, I remember having similar issues and playing around with rates seemed to have fixed it for me
Thanks all! It less jarring now.
I aslo have another problem if u guys willing to help: all the game I played on this laptop are freeze for 1-3 secs every few minutes.

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050
Intel(R) UHD Graphics 620

I aslo have another problem if u guys willing to help: all the game I played on this laptop are freeze for 1-3 secs every few minutes.

I think that cleaning the laptop out of dust with compressed air could maybe solve it, otherwise it's updating/reinstalling drivers that comes to mind

Reactions: Jan
I think that cleaning the laptop out of dust with compressed air could maybe solve it, otherwise it's updating/reinstalling drivers that comes to mind
I've tried these week ago and none of them worked so far. But thanks

Try to install automatic ram cache cleaner (EmptyStandByList). Certainly reduced lags a lot and helped me when i didn't have ssd.