Announcement Admin Meeting Results

Voting for maps is a topic where swarm intelligence and democracy definetly does not lead to the best possible outcome.

What are you talking about? Democracy is the reason, why voting takes place. If you don't want people to decide, what they want to play, so why does the poll even exist?

Why is minas not on normal rotation? Why is santa not on normal rotation? Why do certain maps require a certain amount of players to be nominated?

This is a completely separate matter and beyond the scope of the problem.

What about those who has already left the server just because there's a FF marathon every day? Don't they deserve "respect" as well? Okay, you can say that players chose the FF map, but definitely not everyone. Also, there are still mindless people who automatically vote for the map that's being shouted over the mic. And yes, there are people who don't want to play FF maps all day long, so they just leave when this time comes (maybe because the majority will eventually vote for these maps). Shouldn't they be respected by allowing them to play the map they want to? I think they do. This is a good opportunity for them.

This is how the voting system works. Accept it or change the system, if it does not work properly.

You should know the difference between convincing and forcing. You don't have to always listen to someone, who yells to the microphone.

Last edited by a moderator:
What are you talking about? Democracy is the reason, why voting takes place. If you don't want people to decide, what they want to play, so why does the poll even exist?

This is a completely separate matter and beyond the scope of the problem.

This is how the voting system works. Accept it, or change the system, if it does not work properly.

You should know the difference between convincing and forcing. You don't have to always listen to someone who yells to the microphone.
we have changed it multiple times, unfortunately people don't want that shit on their screen so they will often listen to the person yelling the loudest or vote 4. Most of the time the option in the first slot gets the most votes, and nothing we can do about that, without yelling over each other about which map to vote, which still isn't democratic. It's just silly and plain boring, and because some people yell loudly about select maps, these select maps have been moved to admin nominations, because essentially these maps lead into a marathon of "LETS PLAY X NEXT YEAH YEAH!!" and not everyone enjoys this while the people who join specifically for these maps will end up killing off the player base on the next map yada yada.

I am ff fag i just join for cosmo and feywood after that map i leave. Its ur fucking regular playerbase who enjoys those maps, just cause certain ppl dont like ff maps, u dont have to make them admin only since that is a fucking downgrade for the server. Feywood was played 2 times a month which is not overplayed at all, so pls readd that map as fast as possible, if u dont like a map that the majority of the server voted for, feel free to leave the server. U guys talking like u care about the regulars, but thats the ppl u piss off with those decision. Lets make all tryhard maps admin only so we can play atix and sorrento more, maybe change name to i3d ? Also important to listen to ppl who barely play on the server, since they know best how to manage the server (worked wonders on i3d) 1 last point, ppl vote what they want if u are yelling or not, if that is what u think making ppl vote for a certain map, feel free to mute ppl yelling. Its not the fucking maps fault.

Last edited:
I am ff fag i just join for cosmo and feywood after that map i leave.
Because there are player like you we need to slow down ff marathon :>

Its ur fucking regular playerbase who enjoys those maps, just cause certain ppl dont like ff maps, u dont have to make them admin only since that is a fucking downgrade for the server.
It's not a problem about liking or no the map, the real problem ,that you seem to not understand, is ff fag like you join and leave right after the ff marathon is done, it creates a peak of players and they just leave, the server is half empty sometimes and regulars/new players have to replay map for low populate server because there arent enough players. ofc they don't want to play this map again so they leave too and the server is dead.

Also important to listen to ppl who barely play on the server, since they know best how to manage the server
Glad we don't follow your mind because if we listen to Nostar for example we will play Minas only

Its not the fucking maps fault.
True but its the fag fault and since it's easier to block a map than to block a player... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

And like @jenz already said they will be put back in the normal list later.

I am ff fag i just join for cosmo and feywood after that map i leave. Its ur fucking regular playerbase who enjoys those maps, just cause certain ppl dont like ff maps, u dont have to make them admin only since that is a fucking downgrade for the server. Feywood was played 2 times a month which is not overplayed at all, so pls readd that map as fast as possible, if u dont like a map that the majority of the server voted for, feel free to leave the server. U guys talking like u care about the regulars, but thats the ppl u piss off with those decision. Lets make all tryhard maps admin only so we can play atix and sorrento more, maybe change name to i3d ? Also important to listen to ppl who barely play on the server, since they know best how to manage the server (worked wonders on i3d) 1 last point, ppl vote what they want if u are yelling or not, if that is what u think making ppl vote for a certain map, feel free to mute ppl yelling. Its not the fucking maps fault.
Kaby pls

I feel your concern about all this situtation Kab, but we felt like that its time to stop the FF marathon, for now. But trust me, ask any admin to insert some ff map that will add them instantly, but of course the server needs to have some amount of people.
Don't worry so much Kab, if im in the server, and you feel like nominating an FF map, poke me on steam, or in-game brotha!

Last edited:
Reactions: Kaby
Sometimes the people dont know whats best for them...

We don't know it either, but it's their problem, not ours.

It's not a problem about liking or no the map, the real problem ,that you seem to not understand, is ff fag like you join and leave right after the ff marathon is done, it creates a peak of players and they just leave, the server is half empty sometimes and regulars/new players have to replay map for low populate server because there arent enough players. ofc they don't want to play this map again so they leave too and the server is dead.

Why do you think, that players, who don't like the map should stay and play it? Do you think, that only FF players leave the server, when the current map is over? Ignorance in pure form.

Let me explain something to all of you. Maps like Westersand or Paramina Rift seem to be popular, because when we play it, server is usually full of players. It doesn't mean, that those tryhard maps are played all day long. Before the evening there are many ordinary maps, but only few people notice it.

If you guys enjoy ff so much then go and play the original game.
Last time we had ff marathons and why ?
Because some ff-horny people like to spam ff maps into the nomination list
+ more ff maps = higher chance that a ff map will land in slot 4 and we all know what is going to happen then.
Also if they got one ff map, they wont stop and just nominate another ff map, which leads to the ff marathons.
It's good that the public final fantasy map amount got trimmed

First you removed Mako reactor then Westersand and now also the other ff maps you are discriminating your own playerbase and Take the freedom away for People to vote what they want. you guys come in and say Guys you dont know whats good for you so we will decide for you whats good for you.if they vote for ff map you have to fucking Accept that. Because that decision was Made on a fair vote. If Players Spam in Their mic which happens often not only when ff maps are in the vote you admins Need to mute them thats your Job. But your Job isnt to remove all ff maps from the nominate list away so that the playerbase cant vote for it anymore in a fair vote.

We've seen it on this server and many many zombie servers. People join only to play FF maps, and then they leave when map changes. Or they keep nominating other FF maps and this leads to more FF players come on.

It builds up and builds up and when the map is changed to Sorrento or whatever, we lost sometimes like 25% of the server population, occasionally we more.

The term FF fag or Mako fag is there for a reason. This is completely different to LOTR maps.. everyone loves Minas but not everyone leaves once that map is changed.

discriminating
Stopped reading there.

You guys are overreacting pretty hard imo. We did not delete those maps, just ask admins to nominate them and we still will. Westersand has been on admin nomination for some time now and gets played 3 days in a row sometimes.
We always tried to balance out certain genres of maps in a way that they dont get played in a row (Mountain/Paraoind, Nemesis). And so far we got pretty good results with that.

Reactions: Nivinski and ZeGaWa
We did not delete those maps, just ask admins to nominate them and we still will. Westersand has been on admin nomination for some time now and gets played 3 days in a row sometimes.

So what was the purpose of this change?

We always tried to balance out certain genres of maps in a way that they dont get played in a row (Mountain/Paraoind, Nemesis). And so far we got pretty good results with that.

As I said, those maps are still played, but at other times of the day. Nothing needs to be changed.

So what was the purpose of this change?
The purpose is to prevent an FF marathon and a nomlist consisting of 4+ ff maps.
You cant play 3 nemesis maps in a row, you cant play mountain/paranoid in a row and now also the ff maps got some limitation.
It is not that we dislike those maps. This is simply to prevent keep a the balance.

You can compare it to nemesis pretty easily. Nemesis map gets played, nemesis fag join, nemesis fags will vote for another nemesis map.
Same with FF maps.

Stopped reading there.

You guys are overreacting pretty hard imo. We did not delete those maps, just ask admins to nominate them and we still will. Westersand has been on admin nomination for some time now and gets played 3 days in a row sometimes.

Sure we are overreacting this Comes from the Guy that fight a personal war against ff maps and the People that like them. Removing all ff maps you want us to ask like a Little kid ask his Parents for that forbidden sweetness im sorry But im to proud for that. Its rediculous what this Admin Team is Doing discrimination of the own playerbase.

Sure we are overreacting this Comes from the Guy that fight a personal war against ff maps and the People that like them. Removing all ff maps you want us to ask like a Little kid ask his Parents for that forbidden sweetness im sorry But im to proud for that. Its rediculous what this Admin Team is Doing discrimination of the own playerbase.
I would respond to this, but I'm too distracted by the random capitalization :kappa: