why would you want failnades back?

Failnades, yes or no?

• Total voters
Jul 26, 2017
I'm a long time zombi escape player, already in my 32's. I started playing zombi mod and after that, escape at my 21ish. I've been on lots of servers which in time have passed away. I have really enjoyed my time on Unloze, and before that on I3d's and the spin off that has kept the server after that for a while which eventually chose to merge into Unloze.

Lately I am noticing more and more that its hard for me to keep playing on Unloze, I almost enjoy no map anymore to the extend that I used to, with few exceptions like the nemesis maps, and maps like mountain escape.

For me a lot of the fun and excitement in Unloze zombi escape dwindeld after failnades have almost entirely been removed. It was a unreplaceable luck based course of events that could happen on any occasion resulting in a fun atmosphere and a kind of unique gameplay that kept every map and every round on that map as fresh as it could be. No round was the same.

Removing the failnades has been a devasting blow to zombies and thus I am betting that if you would count the rounds won by zombies have diminished immense since the server change, implemented after and based on a single poll with an equal outcome on this forum.

Failnades were a reward for putting effort into the game as a zombi, tryharding. Something that should be cherished cos the game is often unrelenting playing as a few single zombies getting pumped with a barrage of machine gun firing upon sight.

Therefor removing failnades to me has been equal to giving humans unlimited ammo, a false flag course of events implemented after young adults who like nowadays gaming generations want everything handed to them on a silver platter.

Failnades were a reward for putting effort into the game as a zombi, tryharding.

wat? reward for tryharding? You mean reward cause of one dumb human killing the entire team? You didn't have to tryhard, just wait for a nade thrown behind you and jump. I wanted failnades removed in the first place cause of this. Just one idiot had the ability to fuck up everything.

However i understand it's not very attractive to play as zombie. But this must be solved with other things. For example less knockback, less burn time from nades or more hp regen.

We have to balance this without giving one single retard having the ability to kill everyone jesus. They have even been "professional" trolls who kept trying to failnade. My vote is cleary a no, but i'm open to make zombies stronger in a different way. For example in the past my suggestion to give zombies more hp regen was accepted, but we can still increase that or do other things.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Kaka
Yeah...Hell no,
its a good thing that failnades have been removed from every serious map.
Of course the chance of something happening randomly is fun but in my experience failnades usually cause utter defeats because one single failnade is enough to screw the whole team. I dont see any point having this feature would improve the gameplay.
And yeah on those maps we have failnades enabled, exactly the same shit happens, like in moria, the hold with the moving stairs, people throw nades and zombies get boosted right to their backhold. Also some people tend to purposefully troll with that and take away the random effect of the failnades because you can influence the outcome to a certain grade like throwing a nade so that it explodes right in front of their feet to knock them back or throw them so that they explode in their back to boost them forward.

I guess the appropriate question is, what's a good compromise? Atm even death star has the regular nades with the fire, and humans literally win every round on it. But that's just the super-obvious one, would probably be alot of work to go over all maps dat deserve the failnade settings

Reactions: jenz and ZeGaWa
We can disable failnade and firenade on map like death star tbh
Or we can make a plugin and let people vote to enable failnade on some maps

Reactions: Ostkand
but it does seem its disabled on more maps then before

That what I feel too
I know we have a list somewhere with failnade enable or not on which map
But I dont find it, @Neon iirc it was one of your post maybe you remember where it was :>

We've been through this before. Yes it should be disabled for the harder maps, but it does seem its disabled on more maps then before.

It is litterly disabled on like 90 percent of the maps that are played. ofcourse I do understand that its unwanted on some stage maps that have not yet been beaten, or that are really intensive to win for humans. but its way off at this moment just to the point that I don't enjoy playing ZE anymore. I totally cannot understand the people who don't feel like that. Is it cos they never play as zombi?

It is litterly a hell to play as zombi on Unloze at the moment, maybe they will finally realise that when the server runs empty and they have to play on their own. I cannot find the incentive anymore to do it.

And as the prime example, a fact that at this very point the server has 10 ppl on it says it all. Unloze is drifting off its course.

Last edited:
make that merely 22 ppl at 18:45. something that was unthinkable half a year ago. clearly the 'improvements' didn't pan out well, and should be renewed.

make that merely 22 ppl at 18:45. something that was unthinkable half a year ago.
Dont forget that CSS is dying anyway and ZE too
And we dont allow non-steam players so it's pretty hard to get new players
Holiday are over too people cant join a lot during day time, the server is full or almost full around ~21:00 to ~00:00
I dont think re adding failnade will make the server revive, except bring a bit of fun and rage fail nade wont repopulate the server imo

Reactions: Nivinski
didn't you already make this thread like half a year before already?

The number of zombie win rounds has always been "decreasing", but not because of failnades, its more of a aspect of shit perspective and server mentality. People blindly believe that zombies win too little, yet if you're on the servers constantly throughout the entire day, you would see theres a wide range of wins and losses. People however, choose to go onto the server when the settings are at its best, on a full server, when leaders and admins are on, on a map that they know is possible of being won. People come on when they know their chances of winning are at the highest, and then we have an autistic few throwing a hissy fit when zombies aren't winning as much. But thats the way of zombie escape, when the settings are at its best, you should expect to lose as a zombie alot, which balances out when the settings are subpar and the server is pelted with losses. Trying to make it "balanced" so when the settings are at the best simply fucks over the rest of the non-best sessions. In short, if you want to win more as a zombie, then push the server at harder maps, or go onto normal sessions rather than just the best sessions, where things are more of a challenge. But the aspect that you believe that its impossible for zombies to win simply shows that you're no different than the others, you purposely avoid sessions where there are higher chances of zombie wins or sessions that already have alot of zombie wins.

The second thing is server mentality. When shit gets too hard or theres been too many losses, the server naturally moves toward equilibrium and stops playing that map. Like how gfl fucked up predator and now its dead unless someones up to the job pushes players to play the map. The past 6 months have pushed the map to the point where players naturally understand they weren't going anywhere much without the needed leading, admin control, or a full server. Thus each natural session, there were less and less players, and the server played the map less and less. Thus less and less losses, because players simply avoided the prospect of losing. Your cancer failnades are no different, if the majority of people don't like the gimick, then they simply move away from it, they avoid maps with it. Stop pulling bullshit like how the death of the server is because you didn't get what you wanted.

Yeah the server is full of people who play it only due one feature. What do you think how many people would leave if bhop gets disabled or the chat would get restricted

didn't you already make this thread like half a year before already?

The number of zombie win rounds has always been "decreasing", but not because of failnades, its more of a aspect of shit perspective and server mentality. People blindly believe that zombies win too little, yet if you're on the servers constantly throughout the entire day, you would see theres a wide range of wins and losses. People however, choose to go onto the server when the settings are at its best, on a full server, when leaders and admins are on, on a map that they know is possible of being won. People come on when they know their chances of winning are at the highest, and then we have an autistic few throwing a hissy fit when zombies aren't winning as much. But thats the way of zombie escape, when the settings are at its best, you should expect to lose as a zombie alot, which balances out when the settings are subpar and the server is pelted with losses. Trying to make it "balanced" so when the settings are at the best simply fucks over the rest of the non-best sessions. In short, if you want to win more as a zombie, then push the server at harder maps, or go onto normal sessions rather than just the best sessions, where things are more of a challenge. But the aspect that you believe that its impossible for zombies to win simply shows that you're no different than the others, you purposely avoid sessions where there are higher chances of zombie wins or sessions that already have alot of zombie wins.

The second thing is server mentality. When shit gets too hard or theres been too many losses, the server naturally moves toward equilibrium and stops playing that map. Like how gfl fucked up predator and now its dead unless someones up to the job pushes players to play the map. The past 6 months have pushed the map to the point where players naturally understand they weren't going anywhere much without the needed leading, admin control, or a full server. Thus each natural session, there were less and less players, and the server played the map less and less. Thus less and less losses, because players simply avoided the prospect of losing. Your cancer failnades are no different, if the majority of people don't like the gimick, then they simply move away from it, they avoid maps with it. Stop pulling bullshit like how the death of the server is because you didn't get what you wanted.
I agree about the second point, but I'm still trying to wrap my my head around the first one. "you purposely avoid sessions where there are higher chances of zombie wins", is this to support your argument, or is it more of a satirical element?

lass it sein.. yesterday no more than 50 ppl on server at peak time. if you dont give a shit, I won't neither. couldnt care less. my pc supports other games like bf1 and destiny 2 aswell. I guess its time to move on from Unloze. I've clearly outgrew the game. I've clearly outgrew the ppl. Good luck.

https://www.gametracker.com/server_info/151.80.230.149:27015/
Oh yeah thats why you joined and and wrote fuck unloze and its op humans.
Just like a little bitch

I agree about the second point, but I'm still trying to wrap my my head around the first one. "you purposely avoid sessions where there are higher chances of zombie wins", is this to support your argument, or is it more of a satirical element?

It's support. "rounds won by zombies have diminished" is a retarded statement said by hypocrites. The server is plagued with various wins and losses. The aspect that when theres a lower number of players, lack of leaders, or harder maps at some moments goes to show that losses were always there. The only way someone can stupidly believe that the number of zombie rounds has diminished is due to avoidance of unfavorable rounds. An example would be like pred on gfl ever since those retarded changes kicked in. As players naturally attempt the map they get plagued with many losses mostly never getting past stage 3 without a leader. As time progresses. The times pred is played naturally decreases and the number playing decreases as well. That is because the players have now learned from experience to avoid the map out of negative reputation. The same pattern can be seen in some of the hardest maps, which are completely avoided, even upon other servers. Rote, dark souls, and even frostdrake at some points all were avoided out of negative reputation. Now, does it mean that the maps will never be played? Not exactly. On events, and even sessions where a leader and admins have emerged people will challenge the map. If they come back to focus only on the weekend event where everyone is tryharding on pred, of course it would seem easy as fuck to them and zombies are too underpowered. But thats only while completely ignoring the natural sessions on the server with that map. And if those natural sessions can't survive, the map can't survive. Sure maybe it gets played once a week, but that map isn't really going to help keep the server alive, especially when it used to be a classic.

Final has every right to go to those sessions and get what he wants to. Final has the capability to use the mic and push players to try harder maps, or pressure the admins to turn on failnades on some maps if things get too easy. The freedom to change the server mentality has always been there, but if it isn't going your way, then you're either the minority or you're a ass for expecting things to go your way without placing in any effort.

lass it sein.. yesterday no more than 50 ppl on server at peak time. if you dont give a shit, I won't neither. couldnt care less. my pc supports other games like bf1 and destiny 2 aswell. I guess its time to move on from Unloze. I've clearly outgrew the game. I've clearly outgrew the ppl. Good luck.

"The server's dying cause I ain't getting what I want"
"Ima leave the server if I dont get what I want"
"Ima more mature than you folks, just gotta remind ya of that"

lel

Reactions: Strongfield
It's support. "rounds won by zombies have diminished" is a retarded statement said by hypocrites. The server is plagued with various wins and losses. The aspect that when theres a lower number of players, lack of leaders, or harder maps at some moments goes to show that losses were always there. The only way someone can stupidly believe that the number of zombie rounds has diminished is due to avoidance of unfavorable rounds. An example would be like pred on gfl ever since those retarded changes kicked in. As players naturally attempt the map they get plagued with many losses mostly never getting past stage 3 without a leader. As time progresses. The times pred is played naturally decreases and the number playing decreases as well. That is because the players have now learned from experience to avoid the map out of negative reputation. The same pattern can be seen in some of the hardest maps, which are completely avoided, even upon other servers. Rote, dark souls, and even frostdrake at some points all were avoided out of negative reputation. Now, does it mean that the maps will never be played? Not exactly. On events, and even sessions where a leader and admins have emerged people will challenge the map. If they come back to focus only on the weekend event where everyone is tryharding on pred, of course it would seem easy as fuck to them and zombies are too underpowered. But thats only while completely ignoring the natural sessions on the server with that map. And if those natural sessions can't survive, the map can't survive. Sure maybe it gets played once a week, but that map isn't really going to help keep the server alive, especially when it used to be a classic.

Final has every right to go to those sessions and get what he wants to. Final has the capability to use the mic and push players to try harder maps, or pressure the admins to turn on failnades on some maps if things get too easy. The freedom to change the server mentality has always been there, but if it isn't going your way, then you're either the minority or you're a ass for expecting things to go your way without placing in any effort.

"The server's dying cause I ain't getting what I want"
"Ima leave the server if I dont get what I want"
"Ima more mature than you folks, just gotta remind ya of that"

lel
Welp, I can't say for sure that I don't avoid zm-heavy maps/sessions, maybe it's subconscious. For the record, rote is one of my favourite maps :o But I don't want failnades on that map, I'm thinking more on the regular maps that have a 100% human win ratio. I really don't see how that would push those maps into obscurity.