Update about VAC

jenz

UNLOZE Founder
Leader
Oct 11, 2016
denmarkland
Aloha,

After speaking with staff and admins a couple of times about VAC protection on ze we decided to have a test period. Both some of the admins and staff think it might be a silly idea but generally i got greenlight for running a testing period where VAC is disabled on ze. Just like when we reverted the nosteam change we might also very quickly revert this change again. We of course discussed the topic of hackers for a while but with the way this is pulled through right now time will have to tell if that should turn out to be a larger problem or not.

There are obvious forseeable troubles with this but i would view VAC banned players just like nosteamers. You should expect every nosteamer to be hacking because they can but we still allow nosteamers because some appear to play legit enough. So we would want to see if disabling VAC does any difference at all. We might quickly revert this again in case it causes us too many problems. The duration of the test period is basically as long as we still can see it being more of a positive impact than a negative one.

This is planned to start tonight somewhen after the event when the server is more unpopulated again.

The way I see it, we either have both nosteam and insecure or none at all, because if someone's gonna hack they'll use nosteam anyway to easily avoid getting vac'd. So having nosteam is effectively the same as having no vac.