Two CSS ZE Server Suggestions

tom13king

Retired Admin
Dec 26, 2016
I'd like to present two suggestions for the CSS ZE server:

1. Top Defender Mother Zombie Protection rolls over on warmup rounds. Right now if you're the Top Defender on the last round of a map, your Mother Zombie Protection is wasted on the warmup round on the next map. I think it should be changed so that the protected one on a warmup round has their protection rolled over to the next round.

2. There should be a command that names the current map music. In general, this would just display the name of the music/sound file given by the mapper, but it could also manually be changed to the actual title of the song.

Disguising a shameless bump with some more suggestions:

• Increase the number of points for killing zombies. Killing a zombie is very rare for most people and 2 points is barely anything. Compare this to 5 points for playing 20 mins, how many people kill 2.5 zombies every 20 mins? If the number of points was massively increased, it may also encourage defending instead of doorhugging.

• Encourage/force admins to play at off-peak hours or re-open applications and get new admins with a range of active times. I know CSS ZE is decreasing in popularity, but if enough admins are on very often, it helps to get the first few people to join even in off-peak times. I believe one of the causes of the decline is people not wanting to join when there are no admins on due to the amount of trolling, mic spam and delaying; this definitely discourages me from joining.

• Encourage/force admins to play at off-peak hours or re-open applications and get new admins with a range of active times. I know CSS ZE is decreasing in popularity, but if enough admins are on very often, it helps to get the first few people to join even in off-peak times. I believe one of the causes of the decline is people not wanting to join when there are no admins on due to the amount of trolling, mic spam and delaying; this definitely discourages me from joining.
This! +100. Has been going on for the past week and more.

Reactions: tom13king and Luke
Im allways stay longer than any admin on the Server. :D
and that's so rude when no admin is on, cz u can't extend, there are knifer's than (expect Sora), that's not cool man :(
but this is a nice Server and it has a nice Community.

Reactions: Lambda

I understand your concern about admins being absent from the server, but I strongly disagree with your wish to force admins to play during specific hours. We all are people still, and we all have our own business irl or want to play other games or on other server if we don't like the current map. I personally don't join the server if I don't like a map or there're not enough people to play it. But if jenz would make me join at 6 PM while they are playing some shit like atix I guess I gonna hang myself. Jk, but it will ruin my gaming experience. Or just gimme the power to abuse !forcertv then :wlenny:
Admins are not paid for their job (at least, they don't pay me :feelsbadman:, don't know about the others then) so imposing duties on someone would not be the right thing to do as well, imo.

Instead, try using the !calladmin command if there're no active admins on the server. If our bot works well, we'll receive a notification right away and join the server if we are able to. According to the logs, last time it was used 11 days ago. People simply don't know about this command, although they sometimes get messages about it in the chat. We should make them more sort of conspicuous, so players actually notice them.
We can do the following way: the message will appear every time when a player types "!admins" and there're no admins or they all are AFK-flagged or they are just lazy to do their job. Or it would be better if the message appeared every single time a player types "!admins", no matter what. That's what our [USERGROUP=8]@Technical Staff[/USERGROUP] team can probably do if they find it reasonable.

Also if there're no admins who can help you right now, the index of automatically recorded demos is always accessible. You can post a player report with an approximate framerate or at least the team score when the incident occurred, our admin team will review it and make a decision based on it.
In this case punishments should be more severe, I guess. By increasing punishments for web bans we can encourage players to report the rule breakers so next time they will think about their actions.

Last edited:
I understand your concern about admins being absent from the server, but I strongly disagree with your wish to force admins to play during specific hours. We all are people still, and we all have our own business irl or want to play other games or on other server if we don't like the current map. I personally don't join the server if I don't like a map or there're not enough people to play it. But if jenz would make me join at 6 PM while they are playing some shit like atix I guess I gonna hang myself. Jk, but it will ruin my gaming experience. Or just gimme the power to abuse !forcertv then :wlenny:
Admins are not paid for their job (at least, they don't pay me :feelsbadman:, don't know about the others then) so imposing duties on someone would not be the right thing to do as well, imo.

Instead, try using the !calladmin command if there're no active admins on the server. If our bot works well, we'll receive a notification right away and join the server if we are able to. According to the logs, last time it was used 11 days ago. People simply don't know about this command, although they sometimes get messages about it in the chat. We should make them more sort of conspicuous, so players actually notice them.

Also if there're no admins who can help you right now, the index of automatically recorded demos are always accessible. You can post a player report with an approximate framerate or at least the team score when the incident occurred, our admin team will review it and make a decision based on it.
In this case punishments should be more severe, I guess. By increasing punishments for web bans we can encourage players to report the rule breakers so next time they will think about their actions.
well said Tom, well said. :crying:

oh shit sorry man, I'm already getting paid the double amount than the rest of the admins, tho because of that, someone was missed out, didn't know it was you. But hey, look on the bright side: at least im even happier now
because jenz loves you, that's why