Server Settings

Schicksal

Well-Known User
Dec 28, 2016
Hello everyone,

I would like to talk about the server settings. Before I will come up with my points I would like to say THAT every OPINION is welcome and should be put in HERE so we can all make ZOMBIE ESCAPE a better place, enjoying it as much as everyone should do. At the same time we should keep talking about some stuff which could be changed. If you want to let stuff stay like it is give REASONS and don’t come with “I DON’T LIKE THE IDEA”.I know this will take a lot of work actually with it but you guys know as much as I know without putting effort in something we will never progress and we will never become better.

Coming to my first point is talking about some OLD-SCHOOL-CREED maps. Maps like Licciana/arcticescaoe/Sorrento whatever old school map it is. The thing is that for example in licciana back in times when we played it on i3d we had “fall damage” on as much as we had in arcticescape. I will tell you now what the problem is. For example in licciana normally you shouldn’t be able to bhop down the slope where the boulder rolls behind you without taking damage. It is not only about who is the fastest it is also about timing your jumps so minimal that you are not going to lose all your HP before you reach the boat. The same counts in arctic escape. IMO this no fall damage made players become actually lazy and we should change that. Now some people will surely come with the “old days” are gone blab la blab. Yes they are gone but it is not even about that. I will remember the old days as much as the days now but these maps don’t feel right with fall damage off. It is not about the old days it is about the maps itself. We need to change some settings so yea. Every opinion is welcome feel free to talk about it.

Furthermore coming down to the nade system neon has implemented. I am sorry Neon but Sonaki nades aren’t good for this server. I mean we shouldn’t use sonaki nades at all. People keep spamming those nades when there is no defense and sometimes they only survive because of them. It made them as well lazy. We should find something else as a solution. We should start motivating people again for defending instead of relying on their “nades”. We should enable failnades on old school maps imo because those maps are fast and fun to play with failnades. On stage maps we should do the opposite because these maps are way longer. Some of the stage maps are so hard that even the normal amount of time + extends aren’t enough to finish them.

My last point is something new I wanted to talk about. I thought about “Weapon limitations” on certain maps. This idea can surely work well if we find a good way and modify it together as a WHOLE. For example we should restrict in Sorrento and licciana weapons. People only can buy “M3”or “Autoshotty” or “tmp”. Would pep the maps up and make them different. For other maps I didn’t find a good solution yet. I am still thinking of what could be better to enjoy this mode more and more.

What it comes down to is we don’t have to become full Trihards or Elitists. That was never my aspect. But some settings must be changed in a better way so everyone can enjoy this game mode in a certain way. Get out with your suggestions.

Thanks for reading.

Reactions: egyFM and Yuppi
As for your first point, I agree and have nothing to add. No fall damage serves no purpose on those maps and would indeed add back the element of zombie escape to them if we enabled fall damage (currently they are basically a speedrun competitions)

For the second points, I don't entirely agree with the "shouldn't use sonaki nades at all". As you indirectly state later, nade preferences do depend on the type of map. Longer stage map shouldn't have failnades, yes. Problem with disabling failnades is finding a substitute (I don't think we want firenades back). In my opinion, sonaki's nades do not make us win every single map easily (to the extent where we rely on them). We still do, on average, the same amount of retries despite having them and the challenge isn't that heavily affected. We only get 2 nades after all. On some maps, this is a problem (for instance dark souls) where we can just spam those nades from bonfires. Those maps should definitely not have sonaki's nades. I agree that sonaki's nade don't motivate us to defend and rather we rely on them, but that is very map specific. We should consider the types of maps before we make changes.

I personally don't like the last point. I can't speak for everyone, but I think most people prefer using a weapon of their choice. Forcing people to use specific weapons only works practically on events because of the very nature of those. But I think this is an idea we can try, but not limit it to only two weapons. Maybe a few more so that people can still chose.

Reactions: Schicksal and Migza
I agree abou the fall damage, but afaik Neon is still working on the nades so it's maybe too soon to jump the gun there.

The weapon thing could maybe work if you incorporate it with some kind of reward, bonus points maybe, otherwise I'm not sure if people will be up for it. Personally idc about points, but just some kind of reward would probably help

Reactions: Schicksal and Migza
fall damage mako v5 pls admin
0x0.st/smrX.webm
but yeah i agree fail nades + fall damage on easy maps would be nice, make them more interesting at least
although i dont agree with limiting weapons, if some retard wants to use a krieg on icecap let him

We should remove fall dmg and add fail nades at old school maps. About weapons , I don't think allowing only two guns is smart choice for ct. By removing m249 and awp sounds more smart move in my opinion.
People keep spamming those nades when there is no defense and sometimes they only survive because of them
In some particular situations and maps it gives you more benefits than the regular fire nade on the other hand though at nemesis mode and normal maps it doesn't help so much!~ To clear things i'm neither against nor in favor of sonaki nades

Nades are alrdy back to Fire and KB since some days.

Edit: Just a small clarification of the current settings.

Oldschool/Easy Maps: Failnades + ZM burn + AWP
Other Maps: Nades with a small KB + ZM Burn

ZM Burn time ranges from 2s to 5s depending on the class and how good you hit the nade.
Falldamage isnt enabled on any map.

Last edited:
I agree - old school maps are way better with fall damage and no fire/freeze/magic nades at all.
Just regular fail nades ;).
No fall damage makes arctic escape/licciana way too easy.

As for your first point, I agree and have nothing to add. No fall damage serves no purpose on those maps and would indeed add back the element of zombie escape to them if we enabled fall damage (currently they are basically a speedrun competitions)

For the second points, I don't entirely agree with the "shouldn't use sonaki nades at all". As you indirectly state later, nade preferences do depend on the type of map. Longer stage map shouldn't have failnades, yes. Problem with disabling failnades is finding a substitute (I don't think we want firenades back). In my opinion, sonaki's nades do not make us win every single map easily (to the extent where we rely on them). We still do, on average, the same amount of retries despite having them and the challenge isn't that heavily affected. We only get 2 nades after all. On some maps, this is a problem (for instance dark souls) where we can just spam those nades from bonfires. Those maps should definitely not have sonaki's nades. I agree that sonaki's nade don't motivate us to defend and rather we rely on them, but that is very map specific. We should consider the types of maps before we make changes.

I personally don't like the last point. I can't speak for everyone, but I think most people prefer using a weapon of their choice. Forcing people to use specific weapons only works practically on events because of the very nature of those. But I think this is an idea we can try, but not limit it to only two weapons.Maybe a few more so that people can still chose.

Yea totally agree with you. We have to decide from map to map actually. Every map is different obviously and it will take a lot of work to establish this but maybe we should start slowly doing for every map an own config. That would be good and like I said some maps must have different settings. The current ones are not fitting on every map.

About the last point like I said the idea isnt fully finished and yea I knew this would come. Totally agree with you but I think it could be expanded if well figured out.

I agree abou the fall damage, but afaik Neon is still working on the nades so it's maybe too soon to jump the gun there.

The weapon thing could maybe work if you incorporate it with some kind of reward, bonus points maybe, otherwise I'm not sure if people will be up for it. Personally idc about points, but just some kind of reward would probably help

Also a good idea yea. Maybe winning a map with the weapon you bought at the spawn would give you a special reward as much as getting points for using no rebuys maybe? Also you could give points for not losing HP at bossfights would also be kewl. People would surely Tri Hard what I dont really want to but yea the idea behind is kewl. I dont even know if everything of this is possible to implement.

About fall damage, server should not interfere in the map settings. As far as I know, mapper can decide by himself, whether he wants fall damage on his map, or not. The same applies to bunny hop and other things. This is not appropriate, especially with some boss attacks.

Last edited by a moderator:
About fall damage, server should not interfere in the map settings. As far as I know, mapper can decide for himself, whether he wants fall damage on his map, or not. The same applies to bunny hop and other things. This is not appropriate, especially with some boss attacks.
While this is true about bunnyhop and some other settings, a map cannot enable fall damage on the server.

Personally I like the idea of having fall damage on some maps, so if you guys give me a list of maps, I can enable it for a test period.

Reactions: egyFM and Dazhkar
While this is true about bunnyhop and some other settings, a map cannot enable fall damage on the server.

Personally I like the idea of having fall damage on some maps, so if you guys give me a list of maps, I can enable it for a test period.

I think the most obvious should be Mako, right? :thinking:

Reactions: Malala and Ostkand
Basically maps, in which humans are being thrown into the air due to boss attacks or other phenomena.

Reactions: Alcolo Oasis
I made a list, basically with a lot of old maps but also some hard maps where having no falldamage is not really needed in my opinion.

ze_Ancient_wrath_v1_fix2
ze_antartika_b2
ze_arctic_escape_c1_fix3
ze_atix_extinction_b7
ze_atix_helicopter_i3d_c1
ze_atix_panic_b3t
ze_barrage_v1
ze_death_star_escape_v4_3
ze_elevator_escape_jbg_final
ze_escape_horizon_c1v2
ze_flying_world_v2
ze_FFVII_Mako_Reactor_v5_3