Random Placed Nomlist

Do you want a nomlist where nominated maps have a random slot?

• yes

Votes: 22 75.9%
  • no

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • i don't mind

Votes: 2 6.9%

• Total voters
D

D()G@N

Hello my pickles,

So I've been thinking. We all do know that in 90% of the cases the maps on the slot 4 or 5 get voted during voting. People who nominate maps first have the first slots. Usually those are some map fags who constantly nominate their maps with binds which results that these maps usually get voted. I would like to change that.

I've been pretty active on the server the past month and I think we play always the same few maps day for day. It's not like I don't like these maps (for example I am a FF fag too), but we should be playing some more different maps. In my opinion one the main reason for this is just because those mentioned maps have the first or second slot on the nomlist. As I said earlier they are more likely to be voted just because of their slot. This is not just a case where people vote what they really want, it's just the slot. I'm sure many agree with me on this point.

That's why I came up with the idea, that nominated maps should be placed randomly on the nomlist. Doesn't matter in which order they get nominated. Please take a second to put your vote and tell me what you think. I hope I can get enough support, so the higher ups might consider to change this.

Thx :)

OH YES BOI !

That's the poll i was waiting for. Good idea should be implemented on all servers. Because absically for the reasons you said it would be more fair for players. And make some variety in maps rotation

Reactions: D()G@N
Is it a fact that the first nominated maps are definitely at the top of the list? I swear I nominated first sometimes and the chosen map is middle or end of the pack.

And people will always vote for 4, its been that way since Counter Strike came out. Its difficult to prevent that.

More rap rotation is always good.

Yes I'm one of these nominate-spammers who nominate their map as soon as possible (Paranoid). But this idea sounds good and a random placement would help play different maps.

Reactions: D()G@N
Pretty sure that's not the case, maybe it happened by coincidence a few times but the order does get randomized in the vote.

Most of time ( and yes i check it) i see some guys spamming the nomination and the map is play when the vote come, it is voted, 80% of the time. Exeptions are when the botvot, and the second are shotty maps, and the 6/7 are something like minas or paramina, in this case they never vote 4/5

And i do too, i just tell it's a good idea to prevent this. If this can help us to play variety and help ppls to use their brain when the vote is needed, it's all good. Insteed of disconnect it and press 4

Pretty sure that's not the case, maybe it happened by coincidence a few times but the order does get randomized in the vote.

that's on GFL. But here I am 99% sure it's not random.

So it's been a while and the outcome of the vote is clearly. Any higher ups might wanna say something? We could test this for a while maybe?

This should be enabled now.
Thank you for your poll and / or votes.

Edit:
The maximum allowed nominations per vote has also been changed from 5 to 6.
This is to promote more variety in the map vote.

Edit2:
Five to six change reverted. It broke the voting menu. Fuck.
Will fix that when I have more time.

Last edited:
Edit:
The maximum allowed nominations per vote has also been changed from 5 to 6.
This is to promote more variety in the map vote.
Will fix that when I have more time.

Just leave it, as it was. Sixth nomination should be reserved only for admins, when nomination list is already full. This prevents the removal of normal nominations in favor of admins' nominations.

Last edited by a moderator: