Problems with extreme mode on Minas Tirith

Legatus Legion

Active User
May 23, 2021
In fifth stage my game always was crashing (When we leaving Osgiliath). There is such problem in sixth and eighth stage's. How to fix this problem? On normal mode all good.
I did things like:
1. Reinstal my steam CSS.
2. Clearing cache folder.
3. Redownload map.
This problem only occurs on Minas :(
I have good PC and FPS. IDK what a problem is....

Do you know on what part of the map do you exactly crash?
Perhaps it could be a problem with the brushes or models, but I doubt it. Try lowering the settings I guess

Do you know on what part of the map do you exactly crash?

Yes. It's 5 stage with horse's when we leaved Osgiliath and may crash after this when need to defend big gate's and 8 stage when we climb stair's to White Tree.

Perhaps it could be a problem with the brushes or models, but I doubt it. Try lowering the settings I guess

I have consulted with HeL and do this things:
1. Deleted all cache folders
..\Counter-Strike Source\cstrike\sound\sound.cache
..\Counter-Strike Source\cstrike\cache\
..\Counter-Strike Source\cstrike\download\sound\sound.cache
..\Counter-Strike Source\cstrike\download\user_custom\
..\Counter-Strike Source\cstrike\downloadlists\
..\Counter-Strike Source\cstrike\cstrike_pak.vpk.sound.cache
..\Counter-Strike Source\cstrike\cstrike_russian.vpk.sound.cache
..\Counter-Strike Source\cstrike\demoheader.tmp
..\Counter-Strike Source\cstrike\voice_ban.dt
..\Counter-Strike Source\hl2\hl2_misc.vpk.sound.cache
..\Counter-Strike Source\hl2\hl2_sound_misc.vpk.sound.cache
..\Counter-Strike Source\hl2\hl2_sound_vo_english.vpk.sound.cache
..\Counter-Strike Source\hl2\hl2_textures.vpk.sound.cache
..\Counter-Strike Source\hl2\sound\sound.cache
2. Updated again Nvidia GeForce driver's

After this we connected to test empty server and set the fifth round and my game didn't crash but it was empty server without people... Maybe problem was solved, but to be completely sure of this, I need full server.
I hope problem has disappeared - I want to play with full comfort on extreme mode on Minas - it's the best map for ZE I think!

Hi,
I hope you will not meet the same problem again, but if you do somehow, probably it could be from the map (It could, not saying that it is from the map, because most players that join are actually fine) :
Like on stage 5, the only things I can think of is the ground. I'm sure you've noticed it's different.
On stage 7 & 8 however, I have no idea on what jt could trigger the crash besides too many items at the same time, but I doubt it.

On today's session I've seen 2 more players asking the others if they got crashed but I've forgot their names.

About players, I'm pretty sure that you keep the same performance with more/lsss players in game (on minas or even other map), so that should not be the case

So, today we played Minas and my game didn't crashed yahooooo.
I think problem was in cache files in folders which I deleted. I can finally play Minas Tirith without fk crashes :pepocheer: