• Poll closed .

Lambda

!brainpower
Retired Admin
Apr 1, 2017
The land of Zombie Escape
IP: 151.80.230.149:27018
Please add to your favourites

We are currently testing a CSS Gungame server, and looking to replace the CSS Zombie Riot server which only bots like to play :really:

We got 21 players today which was nice, and we would like some ideas or suggestions to make this server great.

I want to know what sort of Gungame people like to play so I created a poll

Normal mode - Round-based T vs CT, if you kill an opponent, you upgrade your weapon next round. If you die, you wait till next round

Turbo - Same as normal, but you upgrade weapon in the same round, no limit.

Deathmatch - Same as Turbo but you respawn when you die.

We will make it Unloze-like so bringing over the more popular plugins from ZE too.

Please post any other suggestions (mods, maps etc...)

Last edited:
its nice to see that you finnaly got the gun game server that you wanted lambda. Do you think that events would make sense on a gun game server? it could potentially be a thing.

Reactions: Dazhkar and Lambda
its nice to see that you finnaly got the gun game server that you wanted lambda. Do you think that events would make sense on a gun game server? it could potentially be a thing.

Yeah I think we should do some events.

I think 1st event should be just a welcome/get together and try to fill the server, and then afterwards we can do special events. Like Gungame reverse, where the weapons get reversed. You start with AWP and last normal gun is Glock, then onto HE and Knife level.

We could put the Store mod on the server too, like on minigames.

Reactions: Dazhkar
Nice idea, gonna give it a try, but same as for minigames it might split the cummunity instead of bringing new players but lets see

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!! MY CHILD, MY BELOVED ZOMBIE RIOT, WHAT HAVE YOU DONE!? Sucks to see the server go, probably the last ZR server for CSS.

*Low key when you were the only one trying to do something for the zr server* :feelsbadman: y u do dis.

Reactions: Tom and jenz
Server has been coming along nicely we have recently installed:

• Self Mute
  • Sourcebans - All current admins should have access on server
  • Thirdperson
  • !spec
  • Glowcolours (for VIPS)
  • Tags
And coming soon:

• Store (perhaps) Now Installed!
  • Hl Stats
  • Torchlight :feelsamazingman:

Please let us know of any map or mod suggestions. I might add more Simpsons maps as they always seen to be liked.

Last edited:
Ive changed HE grenade stage to give 5 HE to the player instead of 3. Unlimited would be a little too easy and defeat the purpose of HE stage. We could also turn on friendly fire once HE nade stage is reached to make it interesting

I did not expect the poll to be so close, deathmatch is very much love or hate. Its been running on turbo only but we will play some deathmatch this week too.

Poll has closed and gungame deathmatch has won by 1 vote. Deathmatch is love or hate and its hard to please everyone.

I think most people who like gungame do tend to prefer deathmatch anyway (most servers are DM).

But fear not turbo lovers, we will be doing a few turbo only events in 2018, and other events too :)

What about doing 1 day deathmatch, the next day turbo, the next day deathmatch, the next day turbo, etc.

It would make everyone happy, and would make the server different from others gungame servers which are only one mode.

That's a pretty nice idea and that could work.

Maybe we can see a cron job to alternate loading and unloading the deathmatch mod (because its separate), but I don't know how to do this.

Yeah the vote was really close so this can be a nice way to keep people interested and happy.

P.S. I was thinking of voting for Turbo, which would have created a draw :president:

Last edited:
For gg_mini_mario_2, could you perhaps add a small bonus for players who manage to jump through the rotating N in the middle of the map, for example +20hp or something along those lines.

Our wonderful @Nivinski has set a timer to to load Deathmatch one day and unload it (Turbo) the next day. Today the server is Turbo so so it seems to work, hopefully tomorrow the server will be set to Deathmatch.

For gg_mini_mario_2, could you perhaps add a small bonus for players who manage to jump through the rotating N in the middle of the map, for example +20hp or something along those lines.

Maybe we can do this, but would people have enough time in game to get to the middle without being shot? :feelsgoodman:

It could be fun though.

Sorry there has not been as many events run recently for Gungame.

I'm still happy to hear ideas for events.

Also happy to hear if you think a new gamemode would be good for Unloze. :really: