• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

vinto

/420\ From Weed garden /420\
VIP
Oct 11, 2016
France
The title is simple, no need to say more. Too much peoples spamming chat or mic to tell other players to rtv. I think all players have the choice to vote what they want without being forced to vote something.

I suggest a simple mic mute during the entire votemap, and chat mute too (i know it's possible) i don't see why admin would say no. I think it's a fair proposition to make things easier for everyone.

Because tired of seeing good maps like ancient wrath, bioshock etc rtv because of some selfish ppls who make other vote shitty maps after just for trolling. Or whatever. So i think if there is a mute, peoples will use their brain to extend if they like, or just vote the map they want
It's ridiculous, and the situation have to change, so please admun considere this

Last edited:
Reactions: camilla regina
I usually mute everyone if they spam too much. But if these people are dumb enough to listen to some screaming idiots then they won't use their brain properly to vote for a good map and instead either vote for the first one or for the one with the more appealing name.
For now I won't choose any of the options.

Reactions: vinto and jenz
Altrough i do understand your reasoning. Because i honestly think the same, but then again people only "listen" to the spammers because they think that map is the best option. Wich sometimes is true, but sometimes it aint.

Aside from that, silencing everyone during mapvote is a terrible idea. Why?, really simple because imagine a map where people are leading and then suddenly the mapvote pops up and everyone is silenced. Doesn't work out well..

Doesnt get rid of the fact that admins shouldnt mute the "spammers" trough.

Makes a thread about silencing during mapvotes. When you are crying about lasermaps and no one else is complaining,
fucking pickler go hang your self

Reactions: Brook
i understand your reasonning, and yes i thinked about that problem if the vote pop during a hard lead as you said... But i think it would be worth a try. But if you want to mute spammers it's also good for me lol. Because spamming rtv at the beggining of a map is a little ridiculous ^^ sometimes we can't play good map because of that

basicly most off us do it even i did it i quit doing it because basicly i wanne have fun on every map if you dont like the map well the is spectate go spec the game and talk some on ts all i would basicly do is like blake just mute them if they spam like crazy

I think you didn't get the thread x)

have, and you aren't forced by anyone to vote for map, just because someone say vote for X doesn't mean you have to vote for X or you'll get hanged and raped by 100 zebras, you can choose whatever you want.

Reactions: KappaPride
have, and you aren't forced by anyone to vote for map, just because someone say vote for X doesn't mean you have to vote for X or you'll get hanged and raped by 100 zebras, you can choose whatever you want.

Yeah ofc but there is always someone with enough charisma to "manipulate" the vote :)
Nothing really bad but it can be annoying sometimes when it's just for troll :)

Yeah ofc but there is always someone with enough charisma to "manipulate" the vote :)
Nothing really bad but it can be annoying sometimes when it's just for troll :)

His influence applies to the clueless ones in the map choosing

What if we actually had admins using their commands on the server and magically silencing the select few spamming / whining on the server?
Wait, no, that'll never work, the admins are there to look pretty and meme hard. This is a joke. Don't burn me on a stake.

Well I can tell you what I do on GFL. Typically I let it go I mean map vote manipulation really isn't a thing people know the maps they know what they're voting for. I will mute one man spam (55555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555) and if things are rowdy from many people then yeah I mute @all but that should really only be used for extreme circumstances because mutes ruin the mood of the server. I have to admit it really bugs me when the admins mute the voice chat on try hard maps because even when try harding there has to be some fun going on. It's a video game after all.

Status
Not open for further replies.