Hardest Zombie Escape map

Lambda

!brainpower
Retired Admin
Apr 1, 2017
The land of Zombie Escape
So Unloze community:

1) What do you think is the are the top 3 most challenging zombie escape maps today

And

2) What map do you think is pretty old but still quite difficult and challenging - maybe underrated?

And

3) 3 maps which are rarely played (can be any difficulty) but should be played more.

I will go first :)

1) Not sure - there has been quite a few new maps out recently. How does the GOT map compare to like Dark Souls etc...

2) Convoy

3) Shaun of the Dead, Black Mesa Escape/Remix, Papercut

Last edited:
1) santassination, dark_souls, fapescape_rote
2) taboo_carnation, antartika, minecraft_adventure, toaster
3) survivors, parkers_pit, starwars, industrial_dejavu

Last edited:
Reactions: Martin
1) What do you think is the are the top 3 most challenging zombie escape maps today ?
Santassination
Dark Souls
Boredom

2) What map do you think is pretty old but still quite difficult and challenging - maybe underrated?
Paper Escape
Ocean Base
Antarctica

3) 3 maps which are rarely played (can be any difficulty) but should be played more.
Holmes
Prototype
Isla Nublar

Santassination gets disqualified as it's simply impossible to beat; not difficult.
Unless you glitch Socra.

It's not impossible, it's not even hard. Lately on GFL on extreme mode, we made it to the last boss twice. We didn't kill it, because we lost two rocket launchers before, but it almost died anyway. The only difference between normal mode and extreme mode is that NPC's are stronger on extreme mode, nothing else.

It's not impossible, it's not even hard. Lately on GFL on extreme mode, we made it to the last boss twice. We didn't kill it, because we lost two rocket launchers before, but it almost died anyway. The only difference between normal mode and extreme mode is that NPC's are stronger on extreme mode, nothing else.
Luffaren has confirmed the css2 version to be impossible.

Luffaren has confirmed the css2 version to be impossible.
luffaren didn't take into account m249's, m249's melt every boss cause physbox health, obviously on santa this is a viable strat that works

luffaren didn't take into account m249's, m249's melt every boss cause physbox health, obviously on santa this is a viable strat that works
Quite possible. The map is still more tedious than actually hard.
Only a few spots in the map are painstakingly difficult.

1. Fap Rote, Dark Souls, Santassination (normal mode)

2. Westersand v8 (insane mode), Fapescape 1/Minas Tirith, Skyrim/Convoy

3. Industrial Dejavu, Paper Escaper, Taboo Carnation

Honorable Mentions:

Santassination (extreme mode): Mapper confirmed it was impossible under normal circumstances.

Boredom: That map needs to be disqualified because of two major issues (main boss health and ending). If @Glacius has the new version for css ready, I will update the list.

Infested Industry: Bug map

Harry Potter: ...

Cosmo Canyon: Not really that hard but needs some cordination.

Castlevania: Bug map, incomplete.

Any ze map that tries so hard with the mg elements it feels like a mg map instead (I'm kind of speaking of you deadcore): Enough said (aside from the fixed version of gris).

1. Johnny Nukem, Santassination, Frostdrake
2. I don't see GFL or Unloze play deadcore that much anymore. I still consider it pretty challenging. Same goes for Paper Escape.
3. Tyranny, Sandstorm, Toaster. I loved these maps back when they were played more often. I don't get why we don't play them that much anymore.

On an individual skill level Deadcore seems to be the hardest map ( D ending is really crazy and takes high amounts of offline practice to be good at ).

Reactions: Tom
I think its mountain escape, havent seen a win on explosive, train or hold them mode :) would be a nice event idea, trying to win all diffrent modes on that map, could take a while :)

I think its mountain escape, havent seen a win on explosive, train or hold them mode :) would be a nice event idea, trying to win all diffrent modes on that map, could take a while :)
these modes are just not balanced. the train level is just about luck, same for explosive.

Reactions: Kaby
1)Santassination, Frostdrake
2)antartika, toaster, Convoy
3)Prototype,Paper_escape