Global technical modifications/ changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

jenz

UNLOZE Founder
Leader
Oct 11, 2016
denmarkland
Well as i see we dont really have an sticky topic yet here in announcement to announce technical updates that are adquired to all servers. So lets do that here, every technical update, might it be for linux, xenforo or FTP work related to ALL servers should be posted here by the higher ups.

Updated the hive365 radio plugin on all css and csgo servers to 4.0.3. Switching volume in the radio menu does not break the sounds anymore.

Reactions: qlimaX and ghoX
i planned on restarting everything tonight, probably between 2-3 AM. So there will be a short period of probably 15-20 minutes where everything will be down.

Reactions: ASSASSIN SS
Now if only we could figure why the Xenforo panel throws errors around.
:wlenny:

Edit:
Seems to not happen on mobile.

Last edited:
@Nivinski i know we already talked a bit about it some few days ago but what is the likelihood of the firewall blocking legitimate traffick/ blocking normal players from seeing servers. Also could you explain again how it handles ports? Did we have to open all neccesarry ports mannualy?

@Nivinski i know we already talked a bit about it some few days ago but what is the likelihood of the firewall blocking legitimate traffick/ blocking normal players from seeing servers. Also could you explain again how it handles ports? Did we have to open all neccesarry ports mannualy?

As discussed, but to publicly confirm; People are having issues seeing the gameserver (CSGO confirmed, not too sure about CSS) in their internet tab on the serverbrowser. I have no quickfix to apply right here and probably it's just missing a port.

For now the firewall is disabled again until a solution is found!

Reactions: Migza and jenz
[USERGROUP=8]@Technical Staff[/USERGROUP] @.george @Struppi

Since admins asked me about removing minas, and considering its been extremely overplayed again its time for a minas break. The 2 map versions simply got moved down a folder, I would like them to stay in that folder until this Sunday. No minas until Sunday. If i caught somebody loading minas onto the main server before sunday they will get demoted on sourceban until sunday too.

admin sounds should be back on map change to css ze. I honnestly think its better to add them back instead of just waiting and not doing anything at all.

Some will argue that its better without BOTH torchlight and the admin sounds, and i can understand why, and would personally also agree that we are better off without the admin sounds but on a bigger scale i know that several people will miss the admin sounds to be around. This decision is based on the wish of alot of people to move back to the admin sounds instead since they have become "our" thing in a way.

Reactions: Neon
We should have just configured Torchlight to only play our own designated admin sounds.
This change is a step back, and unfortunately towards the wrong direction, if you ask me.

1)Torchlight has much better system for sounds than the Admin Sound -plugin.
2)Torchlight records demos of every map. (We have the funds to get a server just for the demos if that is an issue.)
3)Admin sounds are broken by default and are prone to abuse, just like Torchlight.

Well, I guess I'll go back ignoring ZE and go get drunk.

We should have just configured Torchlight to only play our own designated admin sounds.
This change is a step back, and unfortunately towards the wrong direction, if you ask me.

2)Torchlight records demos of every map. (We have the funds to get a server just for the demos if that is an issue.)
3)Admin sounds are broken by default and are prone to abuse, just like Torchlight.

if we would have configured torchlight that way from the beginning we would not have gotten that amount of hate and torchlight would not stand in such a bad light as it does right now

Reactions: Glacius Verglas
The problem is that we just put it up, and no-one spent any hours to work on it beyond that.
We need to make these changes thoroughly, not like how we've been doing them lately.

Another thing I really despise is the fact higher up people do changes during peak hours.
For the love of god, make a back log, and then work on stuff when the server has 0 to 5 people on it.

this, also the demos were on but got tourned off because they took up a ton of space

talking about configuering torchlight and actually doing it are two different things. If you want torchlight back i suggest you add it to the develop server and there first do all the configurations that are required before it really could work for the ze server. As i look at it right now nobody really seemed motivated to modify torchlight, and since we stand here without anything i thought it would atleast be good to have something.

Also glacius you cant compare the admin sound abuse to the potential torchlight abuse since it can use youtube links which makes it so much more damaging than admin sounds.

Honestly, if we had limits on torchlight it wouldve not been worse then adminsounds even trough it has say and youtube support (because this wouldve been cut off when we exceeded limits). And i never started to modify torchlight because it got decided to be better off without any of the sound stuff.

Reactions: jenz
this, also the demos were on but got tourned off because they took up a ton of space
Yes, but we have more than enough income to get a server JUST for the demos, as I mentioned before.
talking about configuering torchlight and actually doing it are two different things. If you want torchlight back i suggest you add it to the develop server and there first do all the configurations that are required before it really could work for the ze server. As i look at it right now nobody really seemed motivated to modify torchlight, and since we stand here without anything i thought it would atleast be good to have something.
I'm all up for this, and can dedicate my time to modify the bot.
Also glacius you cant compare the admin sound abuse to the potential torchlight abuse since it can use youtube links which makes it so much more damaging than admin sounds.
This can be disabled.
Honestly, if we had limits on torchlight it wouldve not been worse then adminsounds even trough it has say and youtube support (because this wouldve been cut off when we exceeded limits). And i never started to modify torchlight because it got decided to be better off without any of the sound stuff.
This is sort of funny coming from you since you knew it would be abused and did so on multiple occasions.
We could've had more time to change things if it wasn't for the abuse you and Struppi did with the bot.

We have 500G of 'backup' storage attached to the server. Currently we are only using 7% of this 500G for actual backups. Not sure how big the demo files are, but we could move the demo's daily to that backup storage and only keep demo's for a week or maybe two.

Remember, we cannot spend too much of the Unloze money as we still need to organize an Unloze meeting with a ridiculous amount of alcohol.

For Torchlight itself; I still have not fully seen how Torchlight was developed, but for what I saw it looks like a plugin we could use and/or extend it to our needs.

about the 500 GB backup space. I am not really sure if we are allowed to use it like that. We are paying for 240 GB, so if we just would be allowed to use 500 GB of backup space for whatever, i think Soyoustart might have an problem with us. And because its Soyoustart i think that i should write them an report ticket and ask "Do you care about what we use the backup space for", if they dont care its fine. If they do care its probably better to know,- it would not be good to wake up one day and see that they shut our machine/client down.

about the 500 GB backup space. I am not really sure if we are allowed to use it like that. We are paying for 240 GB, so if we just would be allowed to use 500 GB of backup space for whatever, i think Soyoustart might have an problem with us. And because its Soyoustart i think that i should write them an report ticket and ask "Do you care about what we use the backup space for", if they dont care its fine. If they do care its probably better to know,- it would not be good to wake up one day and see that they shut our machine/client down.

I am not really sure where you got this 240G from, but I guess you are confusing the actual storage on the gameserver itself with the dedicated backup FTP running next to the gameserver. We have a total of 240G SSD storage on the gameserver and 500G backup storage. This is confirmed in the SYS control panel (Backup storage tab) and even when logging in on the backup FTP through cmd:
230-OK. Current directory is /
230 40152006 Kbytes used (7%) - authorized: 524185600 Kb

Also the way we want to use it is within the regulations of SYS as we are merely storing the data to be retrieved when needed and not constantly reading/writing active data to it.

Reactions: zaCade and jenz
Status
Not open for further replies.