Favorite Pendulum Music/Song

The Tempest. Man this one is a BANNGER. D&B with them guitar riffs and the hype build in the end.

It's the feeling this type of music gives, when you are at the final door defending the zombies and then where everyone gets so pumped up to win! Zombie Escape will never die, Pendulum will never die, thank you Hannibal and Kaemon for making Mako Reactor and adding this band in it (if they ever read this).
I will probably give the most underated ones but its still a great banger.

I would put more but then it would be a long post just with my suggestions

Last edited:
It's the feeling this type of music gives, when you are at the final door defending the zombies and then where everyone gets so pumped up to win! Zombie Escape will never die, Pendulum will never die, thank you Hannibal and Kaemon for making Mako Reactor and adding this band in it (if they ever read this).
I will probably give the most underated ones but its still a great banger.
I would put more but then it would be a long post just with my suggestions

Makes you wonder actually. So many people say Mako v5 wouldn't be the most played ze map ever if it didn't have lasers or materias. I think that without the dope music people wouldn't have cared about the map that much either. Just remember the days when you were still a young kid and you got into the final room of Mako to get one of you first wins on that map. Everything shaking and then this epic track the Tempest kicking in. I remember my heart pounding so hard after the round and I can't really remember any other map giving me these chills as frequently. One of the few maps were I put the music so loud for full immersion.

And now you've got maps trying to imitate that feeling by putting Pendulum in their own maps without capturing the essence. The Tempest is a superb track just because of it's windup and release, thus why it feels so good towards the end of Mako. The only other map that captures that is Minas, Encoder also has a windup and release so it also works as well there.

Both of these maps have in common; that after the release utter chaos breaks out. In mako everything is shaking, there is smoke, the are lazers there's a big guy called Bahamut. Minas has the shake, has the constant running around in desperate attempts to survive the constant onslaught of zombies and a Balrog.

Thus why Hannibal's maps are so popular, it captures essence, it uses actual gamedesign in it's layout and a great pay-off.

The rest are just cheap imitations.

Edit: Another map that captures the payoff is Predator_Ultimate, one specific area that comes to mind is dropping of the waterfall in the early levels. You got a fantastic setpiece and some nice tone setting music to boot. It's also a stunningly looking map which follows actual game-art guidelines with it's lightning and colour. Big props to Luffaren for that.

Last edited: