Event Managing

Schicksal

Well-Known User
Dec 28, 2016
Hello Everyone,

I would like to talk a bit about how the Maps for events are getting chosen. I dont agree with some stuff here anymore because its getting worse and worse for me. No idea how the others feel about it but I would like to change some things. So the following things I would like to see changed.

1. Comparing the event suggestion thread with the events that are getting done, 90percent of the suggestions are not even the result of the events we have. Go ahead and compare and you will notice.

2. I dont know what the event managers are thinking of but you are NOT THE ONE that are supposed to CHOOSE THE EVENTS. The Community is the one that builds the server and that WILL SUGGEST and thus you will pick those AND DIFFERENT suggestions EVERY TIME out and MAKE a poll for an upcoming event. NO OTHER SOLUTION IS ACCAPTABLE FOR ME. NOW YOU WILL COME OH SCHICKSAL but we admins are also part of the COMMUNITY. YES YOU ARE, so give your own suggestion like every other player of this community AND DONT THINK you are the one that CHOOSES the MAPS without even making a POLL.

3. EVERY event must be DIFFERENT. NOT THE same MAPS TWICE in a ROW like Santassination or what ever else. We MUST play EVERY MAP not only the SAME ONES.

4. No 1hour events at least it must be minimum of 2hours long. WHY? Because people are waiting 1WEEK and probably dont have the time to play in week days so they wanna enjoy THEIR weekend. You UNDERSTAND?!

5. If we skip a week without an event then we will do 2events the upcoming week. Friday/Saturday or Saturday and Sunday.

If someone else has more suggestions go ahead. Thats all I had in mind for now.

Thanks for reading.

I do believe we should bring back the map event nominations. I remember @.george trying that system last year for a several weeks, it was doing pretty good. We should run a community poll and check if players really want to participate/are interested in suggesting maps for a possible event.

Reactions: Lambda
I was literally going to say it would be good to bringing back the event nominations but thankfully @XXExodus got there before me.

I think Santa was a one-off due to the sheer difficulty and the need of a very good leader for the map, it was the right thing to not just continue from the 1st event, otherwise people would lose interest.

I dont agree if an event is skipped one week, then there should be two the next week. Because one event on its own takes time for Event managers to plan and run.

Reactions: Spookie Pie
1. A bit of over exaggeration, we have been picking up peoples suggestions fairly often ( not always ), the reason it doesn't show up so much is because of lack of votes.

2. I partially agree that we should have more polls for people so they can choose. On the other hand, not all suggestions that have been given to us are excatly fitting in some way to be played as event. Since we are putting effort to do these events, we also want to reserve some sort of "priority" to us ( Not meaning that other people have any saying to these events ).

3. The santa events were my responsibilty and were maybe too much, but I still think some of us enjoyed those events. Otherwise our events have been quite diverse so far, when there is only a bit over 300 maps on our server.

4. This feels a bit biased to me. Why would you only join the event during the weekend to enjoy yourself? It would be way more enjoyable to play more than just that. I can't quarantee that every event is long and enjoyable to all people, but obviously anyone can still join for other maps after or before the event.

5.That really just depends on how much time we have to spare on planning the events. Remember that we both also handle the general work of Global Admins ( But I would be open to maybe having another event manager ).

The only real thing that I would say we have been negleting on is the votes. I will talk with @ZeGaWa about how we could handle these more and better.

for me the nearest event is a shame to the project, the system of polling and voting is needed 100%....

I dont agree if an event is skipped one week, then there should be two the next week. Because one event on its own takes time for Event managers to plan and run.

Lets think of it.

Communitys work----> Suggest maps

Event managers work---> Take some suggestions and modify them so they are viable for zombie escape. After that make a poll for the maps and then the one which won, setting up as the upcoming event.

So 2 Event Managers---> One Event Dj does the work which I wrote right up there and the next week Zegawa does.

That should maximum take 1hour in my opinion not more. Dont get me wrong I dont think it takes that long to do this. But if they have other stuff to do like Dj says managing Global admin stuff etc., then yes they should consider to take a third event manager because I can understand that.

Most of the time I pick in the suggestion thread or people who pm me but yeah im prolly a selfish event manager who make an Event only for me
(generally I dont even play during event and just look around to see if players need something)

The whole community can cry about making 2 event in 1 week as long as we are 2 Event Maganer I wont make 2 events per week even if during 1 week we missed an event.

If people wait to play a specific map during an event it will the same as nominate a map during the week, you just wait for people to vote for it so using the argument like people wait for the week-end to enjoy "their" map is a pretty funny one.
And basicly it's always the same people who vote for the event, so yeah using the community argument is pretty funny too because we dont even represent 20% of the whole community, so what ? Should we make poll on the server now ?

But don't get me wrong I not against making poll, we often do that when we don't know what we can play so we ask you.
And the only problem is it take days to know what we will play and sometimes the result is not even worth an event and you can bet players will have a pleasure to cry about it during the event (I dont say our choice are better) but the fact is "you" voted for it and you still cry about it, so after all the work it's easier to just set an event with map we have in mind.

Sometimes I even join the server when it's empty or the dev one and jump from map to map to search sometimes "good" for you but yeah now I remember people are never happy :>

Anyway @D3J4de next week can make a "poll" and do it everytime to avoid thing like that it will be "better" for the community.
What we can do is open a suggest thread on Sunday/Monday get the result of the suggest and make a poll with it on Wednesday to Friday, and make the event thread on Friday night
Something like that should fit but if the last result need specific settings Techs will only have Saturday to deal with it.

Reactions: Chivas and Dazhkar
So basically you are used to get pm via steam and thus you are using those p.m. to choose the certain events based on those suggestions. Sorry if I have to say this but if you are really doing this it is your own fault why people rather pm you than doing their part suggesting it in the suggestion thread. And I think remembering all those suggestions in steam private chat rather than having them all listed in the suggestion thread would be more work than just checking the list on the forum. You should rather motivate those people to suggest it on the forums than in private steam. Here lies your first problem. Don’t get me wrong I am not blaming you but I think this is wrong. If you make others used like that of course they won’t show up on the forums doing their part as they have to.

That’s fine for me. That was just a suggestion if you don’t agree with that point it’s all good. BUT you could basically just make the poll as used and this time take the most 2 voted maps out. It’s that easy and it takes the same amount of time as work as putting the normal vote for the event up.

I totally agree with that. Not everyone will be satisfied with the decision that gets concluded by the vote. I also understand that after all the hard work it feels bad that someone acts shit like that but you have to still keep going with it because why?! Do mappers stop mapping because people cry about their maps being shit or anything else? No they simply don’t because you will never fully 100percent satisfy the players. It’s the nature of human so let them be. They have to learn playing all maps since this game is dying anyway there is no other choice for them.

Trust me there are some people that only join for the events. If you believe me or not I couldn’t care less but they enjoy it for a reason so let them enjoy it. Since on the server always the same retards keep spamming and the same retards keep nominating the same maps, they aren’t enjoying anything anymore during the week days.

Don’t even represent the community to 20percent?! You know what the Community is? People that keep joining the server and playing no matter from which other server they come. They are mostly also active in the forums. Then there is that who stay in Unloze discord and keep talking with each other spending their time together. There is a full community still here if you believe or not. And if you don’t count those people who still invest time into the community as not community members even people like Privoriac are COMMUNITY for me because they spend their time here and do suggestions, then it’s your own problem of understanding what COMMUNITY means.

If you talk about the older members and the older people that were here and left. We can also talk about them. People come and go. This is life and the time keeps going it doesn’t stop. Live with that and make the best out of what is still left. People may not like what’s going on the server so they leave, they may have problem with higher ups they leave, they have other problems they leave BUT don’t complain because they leave. They have their reasons and everything has consequences and if things aren’t handled right then you will have to live with those consequences.

That's why we never agree on some part Schicksal for some odd reason we always understand the wrong meaning of each other tbh
Maybe I explain myself in the wrong way too

About the pm part, no I don't spend time reading every single pm about suggestion, I juste receive a pm with a suggestion and keep it somewhere in my mind I can forget it because it's not in the suggestion thread, most of the time I tell them to use the thread because it's better for us to pick.

And about the community thing, yeah I mean the players who come on the forum represent 20% of the total community of Unloze, because for me the community is also players who don't join the forum or the discord and just join the server and just play 1 day during the week. Some member are more active than other (forum/discord) but not all of them, just look at the event rewards sometimes I can't give reward because the player dont have a forum account so he wont get his vip, some of them don't care at all, but that's mean they will prolly never vote for an event too.

Started from here dont take everything for you Schicksal I'm talking to everybody.
Anyway I was too lazy to do it in the first time but not anymore, here I'll show you that you are almost all wrong about the "non-poll" thing :>

Like we said most of the time we make a poll for you (maybe not now because we are both busy irl but we don't talk about it)
So when I came back on Unloze D3j4de was already doing poll thread and not only george @XXExodus
And back in very old time, when George was making event, it wasnt every single week. It wasnt really often we started making 1 event each week when I was "promoted" to Event Manager.
Of course George was able to make nomination thread + Poll for map and time

rkG4ZKe.png

3lWU4vE.png

hPwLB7W.png

You'll prolly say : yeah but you dont do it every single week.
That's true sometimes we don't make poll for the next event, sometimes we have a reason sometimes not.

When I came as an event manager d3j4de was still doing poll for event
DW3syra.png

So I did the same when I was officialy back
H5ywZl0.png

So on this vote you can see Destruction of Exorath won the vote
I can remember this map again this one gave us a hard time with D3j4de to find a way to make it event worthy, but you guys wanted this map so we didnt back off.

The AirVulpes combo received a pretty good amount of vote too
So I didnt bother making another poll because I assume people wanted it too
5MCE10F.png

Maybe I was wrong doing it, sorry I'm still a human.

Then for the 2nd we also made a poll
cwYtb0T.png

For the next week also
x2WIaJd.png

Then after this one we had the Classic Xmas event with the huge xmas map diversity we have on ze it's really easy to pick one (Santa)
KVPqyBq.png

I didnt wanted to make a event like my first xmas event because I receive only complain about it but I spent so much time on it that it disgusted me to make fancy xmas event
https://unloze.com/threads/event-8-xmas-event.231/

We had a huge break for the holiday, neither d3j4de or me were at home in front of our pc or something minimum to make an event and watch it.
Then for our come back after the Holiday I didnt have a single idea and then Alcolo told me about his suggestion I read it and we made the No Items Event.
I even thx Alcolo in the thread post
oNcWsAN.png

Basicly try to remember that Event Manager are volunteers. If we don't do it I bet no one want to do it.
And don't say now : "I'll do it"
It's too easy, because when I started with Qlimax I was doing it alone.
Then D3j4de and Meep join, and D3j4de did most of the work alone too.
And he dit it during almost a full year without anyone asking to help him, I was the only one after coming back asking if he need some help managing event.
(Dont take that as a complain I can see you coming...)
Remember also after each event we have to give reward to every single players manually
You'll prolly never see how the reward thing is, and trust me it's a pain in the ass to give reward to players.
Plus you can count players who don't have forum account and ask question about how get their reward by pm and we can't just tell them to learn how to read we're not monster, and count permavip/admin who want to give their rewards. It's not hard but you have to repeat each action so many times and avoid to make mistake that it become really annoying sometimes.
Then if you want to say : But GFL is doing it every single week and Vanya don't complain.
Vanya, for all the respect I have for him, don't participate to his own Event because he's busy and it's Botox who give rewards to players so basicly Vanya just make Nomination thread,poll and event thread.

Last edited:
I don’t think you explained yourself wrong. I understood everything clearly and I agree with you on some points. BUT there are some points I also disagree with you and that are what it comes down to. We both have different opinions and a conversation or a discussion will lead always to this. There is pro and cons for everything and if we don’t discuss these things we won’t progress. We aren’t in a childish age anymore where we take everything serious and I think we understand each other really good. I don’t understand why this would go personal. Everything I said counts to everyone except for the one via steam like I mentioned.

Furthermore I would like to mention again something people don’t understand very well. I don’t give less a fuck or I couldn’t care less what people think of me. That would be a time waste for me bothering myself wasting time thinking of those. Like I said many times before I NEVER PLAYED this G A M E to make F R I E N D S. I play this GAME because it’s a G A M E and like the word game describes itself it’s meant to have fun while playing you know?! So yea if you disagree with me it is fine like I said I won’t take anything personal. The thing is that people nowadays if you tell them something get butt hurt for some reason. This is just a fact which won’t change. Don’t get me wrong this doesn’t count to you.

BUT coming down the major things again I don’t agree with you on point 1. Because rather than having those p.m. taking via steam you should have just said NO I DON’T ACCEPT YOUR SUGGESTION. IF YOU WANNA MAKE SUGGESTION go to the FORUM SUGGESTING THREAD. I will tell you again why?! Because it’s like people being addicted comparing to someone got used to something. If they get used to something it will be hard to change their attitude later on. So you have to be the one changing those people. Don’t accept their suggestion via steam and let them do their part.

Yes that is also the same thing I was saying about the community. People don’t have to join the server. They don’t have to join discord. They join discord. They join only at weekends and whatever else. There are many different players in this community and all those build the community. You understand me right there and I you. We just maybe wrote it different.

Again you are a human yes. And I never blamed you. So yea I am just giving you my opinion. You can take it as you want it doesn’t matter for me.

NOW the BIGGEST part I like to see when people are writing I AM A “VOLUNTEER” for being admin or anything else etc. And this is something which makes me laugh most. What do you expect? Should I hold your HANDS and say “Yes, Zegawa you did RIGHT” lmfao. This is something I am laughing most about and still makes me laugh because why?! Don’t make me laugh common you are the one that volunteers don’t expect in this world others thanking you for doing this. If you do it just for that rather than for doing it because you want to be helpful for the community, then you are at the wrong place and shouldn’t “Volunteer”. I will explain you what volunteering means. Someone that accepts on his own will to take over a job or whatever else. BUT ON HIS OWN WILL. Like I said if you don’t do it someone else will do it believe me. There will always be such a case. So yea don’t come to me with that I couldn’t care less about that. I could volunteer myself also. If you don’t like it then you simply leave it.

Where did I say you have to be a monster? Here you are definitely taking things wrong. Of course if someone needs help about his V.I.P reward you can tell him how he can do it or where he has to go or anything else where someone needs help. That was never the case. I am talking about the event suggesting p.m. and nothing else. And yes if the players want their rewards then you have to tell them and explain them how to visit the forums and make an account there that’s normal and that was never the case I have anything against.

Thanks for reading.

Yeah I can't disagree with what you said about people pm suggestion, but I don't want to be mean, we are a community and friends. It's not like a company with rules, yes we have rules, but it's not written that you have to post your suggestion only in the suggestion thread.

And for the biggest part:
I dont ask for people to thanks me
I dont ask for people to say "Yes zegawa you did right"
I just said, I know for sure if D3j4de and I dont do it, no one want to do it atm
Because as en Event Manager you don't have any kind of power or gratitude, and you have to spend time for it.
And I never ask to have gratitude or thing like that. As long as they respect what we do idc.
And the proof is right there, during 2017 like I said no one wanted to help D3j4de to make Event there are 2 possibility for that :
- You guys don't know how is it to make event and you think it's easy like winning Atix
- You guys just don't give a fuck (And it's you're right to think that ofc)

I don't blame anyone
I don't want gratitude for doing this
I don't ask people to thanks me, if people just join my event I'm happy with that.
I just didnt like how you said D3j4de and I, make Event for ourself and not for the community because we don't make you vote.
And I don't want to leave it, I like doing it.

And yeah I prolly understand what you said in the wrong meaning.
I felt accused by what you said in the first place, maybe it was just you giving your opinion.
But I was so pissed to see that people think that about D3j4de and I, and that wasnt true

This is going to be the last post I will make in this thread since it goes to personal slowly. I want to clear some stuff you completely misunderstand. You are not mean if you tell people to vote in the forum suggestion thread which is the purpose of the thread. I don’t understand where you are taking this point from. It is non sense for me. There is nothing to be rude about it. Like I said people got used to it that’s maybe the only thing why you are thinking of it. You realize it yourself so my suggestion is to make it different. We could test it and see how it will go for the next upcoming weeks. If it goes bad you simply can stick then to your pm steam suggestion stuff that’s fine by me. But without trying it wouldn’t be right at all.

The same counts with skipping events. I told you making 2 events take the same amount of time as making 1 since you could take the most 2 voted maps out for events if we skip one week. This is also something you have to know about I give you just my idea and opinion about it.

Now to the point events should be 2hours minimum. Yes why wouldn’t it be like that?! We can play all those maps also during mid-week at the same amount of time through. Isn’t the word event saying it already that it is different than the maps we play during mid-week? It should be special and not the same stuff we usually play. That’s why I would like to have it at least of a minimum of 2hours.

So that was it. Do it or don’t that’s up to you.

And I am just adding this before some shitstorm happens again. Every one of you that is reading this don’t go to other servers and boycott the votes otherwise they will boycott our votes and we will have some shit going on again. Stay fair and vote for whatever you want. Don’t get forced by others to vote what they want. Your own opinion matters and that will keep this server alive and healthy and as long as you guys don’t come out with your opinions nothing will be done. Keep dreaming that everything will go fine without doing anything.