Event #72|| Hide and Seek

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dazhkar

Veteran Admin
Jun 6, 2017
LcJuuLp.png

Don't forget to join the Minigames Server Sunday the 3rd.
The hour will be 5pm GMT+0 -- 18:00 CET
The Event will be scheduled on the steam group too.
(If I do a mistake with the steam group event keep this hour as the real one)

You can also follow the countdown on the forum.​

How will the event be ?
Each map will last 45 min.
You have 2 teams : hiders and seekers.

Hiders : You'll have a prop list at the beginning of the round and you will just have to pick the prop you want to be before hidding somewhere in the map. Survive until the round ends.
Keep in mind, you'll only have 1 hp ! So watch out and feel free to move if a seeker threatens you.

Seekers : Kill them all ! By the way, you will have a deagle with 100 hp. You lose 10 hp on each shot but win some if you kill a hider.

About winners ?
Nothing scheduled this time but you can always send me money for "special" benefits.

There we go now with the TL;DR for the lazy ones.
You can download the map in the TL;DR

TL;DR
Server :
Minigames
Maps : hns_neighbourhood_newguy.bsp.bz2 --- hns_newguys_new_home_extended.bsp.bz2
Date : 03/12/2017
Time : 5 pm GMT+0 // 18:00 CET
Specialty : Some settings will be changed. Look at the colors in "How will the event be ?"
Prize : None because i have no idea how to give some on these maps

Well ..... when the event started, the was on a FF map and of course, it was full. Putting a FF map when the mg event is about to start isn't the best way to bring people on the mg server.
Someone also told me the countdown for this event wasn't on the forum. I don't have access to do it myself and i didn't think to ask this time. I will try to remember it next times.
We were around 8 when it begins and we went up to 18 players which is not bad but it could have been better.
I gave people credits to reward them a bit

As you can imagine, when you play big maps like FF ones, paranoid, or minas, not much people will come to minigames. If you could be careful to avoid it, at least when the event starts, that would be great. If you don't, i can understand too.

When i create an event, i post it on the forum, discord and i put messages on the mg server. If you could also spread the news on the ze from time to time, i would appreciate. Some players don't join during because they simply don't know there is an event. Spreading the news is the best way to help me populating the server during event and i thank you for the effort you'll put in it.

Thanks for reading.

Really sorry @Dazhkar , tbh I totally forget about the MG event because I didnt see the steam notification and the forum timer.
It's pretty hard to control what the player want to nominate and what they want to vote.

Maybe [USERGROUP=8]@Technical Staff[/USERGROUP] can put a manual cd just before MG event.
Even if I'm not a big fan of those maps, idk if forcing them to not play the map when it's clearly out of his normal cd is a good thing
But I don't think the lack of player on MG was because there was a FF map, prolly a bit, that's true because fags will join ze but a lot of people leave when they see ff or other fag map too.

I thought you can, as an Event Manager, schedule a timer on the forum and an event on the steam group that's why I didnt bother to make one for the MG, if I had known...

I didnt even know about the event :( if a new event is made just use the @everyone in the discord event channel so everyone knows :/ would have loved to join.

Reactions: Dazhkar
i think the best decision is making a countdown for any mg Event and posting annoucements in the group
although if its possible, how about making a countdown specificaly for mg. i dont know if that will work

Status
Not open for further replies.