Status
Not open for further replies.

Blake

Retired Admin
Oct 11, 2016
Romania
Event #317 || Nomination Thread
Keep in mind the following guidelines:
  • You can nominate either a single map or a fitting group of maps, provided that they do not have a senselessly long duration (obviously depending on the number of maps you are nominating).
  • Map(s) should be difficult and event-worthy in some way.
  • Type the full name of the map(s) with its specific version
  • You may come up with some restrictions or changes for the map(s) (for example no items).
  • Be creative, the more unique event the better.
  • At least 4 likes are required for a nomination to be considered.
  • Only the top 5 will be selected for the poll. If there are no top 5, event managers will have to be selective.
  • Event managers can alter/edit/modify/remove a nomination if they consider it not event-worthy.

You may nominate up until Tuesday 23/11/21 22:59 GMT+0
This is the Event Nomination Thread for next week's Event.

Maps that are currently on cooldown (you can not nominate them):
- ze_biohazard3_nemesis_b5_2s
- ze_doom_v1_1
- ze_slender_escape_b4
- ze_luigismanison_fix2
- ze_crypt_v1_4s
- ze_halloween_house_b4s
- ze_atix_panic_b3t_halloween_v1
- ze_doom3_v1
- ze_nightmare_dimension_v2_6fix
- ze_haunted_lab_escape_v2c
- ze_derpescape_itstime
- ze_pizzatime_v4s
- ze_memehell_test3
- ze_heyyo_v1_fix
- ze_rizomata_s2
- ze_valkvang_s1
- ze_deadcore_s7

CS:S ZE Map List, so you can get some idea of your own Custom Event!
Be creative, the more unique an event is the better.

Reactions: Bane
Mako My Way 3.0

For this event we will play the map: ze_FFVII_Mako_Reactor_v5_3

As with the events from the past we will play Mako v5 with some special kickers.
First we will play Mako Reactor from normal till extreme 2 normally. Afterwards we will play extreme 2 again but this time with some special kickers.
These kickers are taken from the first two events as well as some special new ones:

The modes will be Extreme II with:
- autobhop with 1000 airacceleration
- low grav mode
- Real life mode: Noblock + no transparency
- 1 hp mode and no heal+falldamage
- 300 ping mode. (Make 0 ping in a way that everybody has a delay of 300 ms (for 300 ping and -500 ping I have no idea whether these are still possible since 0 ping plugin is removed from the server).
- -500 ping mode. (Make 0 ping so that you have to dodge 500 ms after laser passed (we did this last event too idk if it can still be done without 0 ping plugin).
- Flipped camera and slippery ground (so basically camera 180 degrees switched)
- All items you pick are random effect (so for example you pick ice but this doesn't mean anything, once you press e it can be any item from the 8 materias)
- Flashbang mode: All CTs get 2 flashbangs (normal flashbang from deathmatch)
- Failnades mode: CTs won't be able to buy weapons. They will have 1000 failnades and a knife.
- Camera flipped 180 and inversed gravity, all players receive builder item (from paranoid)/zombie jumper item (from paranoid) (idk if you can give jumper to both humans and zombies let me know). The idea is to have something like this:
- Humans normal settings but zombies/mother zombies get zombie jumper (paranoid)
- Race mode with autobhop and 1000 AA

Also @masotflikr why u decide to literally steal my event I made a year ago when I was creating a new one myself https://unloze.com/threads/event-203-mako-fiercegs-way-2-0.1943/

Since there are so many modes I would to have 3-4 attempts per mode based on the time of the event. Also for this event no fall damage will be standard for all modes unless stated otherwise.

Last edited:
i really want to do mako but have to skip the boss fight using earth by doing the zm cage glitch, although the triggers dont work until bahamut is actually killed so that'd have to be modified
also a sideways/hsw/w only mode would be fun too

- low grav mode
- Real life mode: Noblock + no transparency :thinking: - not sure if you mean that people can block each other, but that will end up being horrible to manage on a map with any teleportation, which mako has many teleportation. zombies would get stuck in each other
- 300 ping mode. (Make 0 ping in a way that everybody has a delay of 300 ms (for 300 ping and -500 ping I have no idea whether these are still possible since 0 ping plugin is removed from the server). - I dont think the 0 ping would even be able to simulate that. what is simulate is for lasers and other moving objects
- -500 ping mode. (Make 0 ping so that you have to dodge 500 ms after laser passed (we did this last event too idk if it can still be done without 0 ping plugin). - same as before
- Flipped camera and slippery ground (so basically camera 180 degrees switched) - from a technical standpoint, this 100% require a plugin to force the view upside down. the game has a limit of 45° of what we can force with teleportation. it would also make people dizzy, which is bad
- All items you pick are random effect (so for example you pick ice but this doesn't mean anything, once you press e it can be any item from the 8 materias) - it's not blue cause it's not as easy as you think. the items got stuff parented to them, like the wind push is attached to it, fire is attached to the pistol, etc.... we cant magically make them do something else without lots of map editing. mako v6 itself was made in a way for mimic to work, so such idea could possibly work for that map, but not v5
- Flashbang mode: All CTs get 2 flashbangs (normal flashbang from deathmatch) - ZR plugin implement flashbang to make light, it seems to be disableable with a cvar
- Failnades mode: CTs won't be able to buy weapons. They will have 1000 failnades and a knife.
- Camera flipped 180 and inversed gravity, all players receive builder item (from paranoid)/zombie jumper item (from paranoid) (idk if you can give jumper to both humans and zombies let me know). - impossible to do. inversed gravity doesnt 'exist'. you would just stay on ceilings forever. we also cant just add an item from an other map, as that require using a plugin to try to recreate that item
- Humans normal settings but zombies/mother zombies get zombie jumper (paranoid) - same as before

see the quoted post, for what would possible, what would require a bit of map editing (acceptable) would require lots of work (map editing / plugin) to implement and what's impossible

Last edited:
Reactions: pickle
see the quoted post, for what would possible, what would require a bit of map editing (acceptable) would require lots of work (map editing / plugin) to implement and what's impossible
Thank you for your answers moltard. I gave my answers to to them below in yellow.

- low grav mode
- Real life mode: Noblock + no transparency :thinking: - not sure if you mean that people can block each other, but that will end up being horrible to manage on a map with any teleportation, which mako has many teleportation. zombies would get stuck in each other
This mode was done last year in Mako My Way 2.0 so it should be possible and the coding for it should already exist, see: https://unloze.com/threads/event-203-mako-fiercegs-way-2-0.1943/
- 300 ping mode. (Make 0 ping in a way that everybody has a delay of 300 ms (for 300 ping and -500 ping I have no idea whether these are still possible since 0 ping plugin is removed from the server). - I dont think the 0 ping would even be able to simulate that. what is simulate is for lasers and other moving objects
Again: This mode was done last year in Mako My Way 2.0 so it should be possible and the coding for it should already exist.
- -500 ping mode. (Make 0 ping so that you have to dodge 500 ms after laser passed (we did this last event too idk if it can still be done without 0 ping plugin). - same as before
Again: This mode was done last year in Mako My Way 2.0 so it should be possible and the coding for it should already exist.
- Flipped camera and slippery ground (so basically camera 180 degrees switched) - from a technical standpoint, this 100% require a plugin to force the view upside down. the game has a limit of 45° of what we can force with teleportation. it would also make people dizzy, which is bad
No problem if it deems impossible. This mode can be adapted to slippery ground and inverted controls. Also I think a 45 degrees change added to it might be fun and I doubt it will make people sick if it's only for 3-4 rounds.
- All items you pick are random effect (so for example you pick ice but this doesn't mean anything, once you press e it can be any item from the 8 materias) - it's not blue cause it's not as easy as you think. the items got stuff parented to them, like the wind push is attached to it, fire is attached to the pistol, etc.... we cant magically make them do something else without lots of map editing. mako v6 itself was made in a way for mimic to work, so such idea could possibly work for that map, but not v5
Problematic I see.
- Flashbang mode: All CTs get 2 flashbangs (normal flashbang from deathmatch) - ZR plugin implement flashbang to make light, it seems to be disableable with a cvar
- Camera flipped 180 and inversed gravity, all players receive builder item (from paranoid)/zombie jumper item (from paranoid) (idk if you can give jumper to both humans and zombies let me know). - impossible to do. inversed gravity doesnt 'exist'. you would just stay on ceilings forever. we also cant just add an item from an other map, as that require using a plugin to try to recreate that item
I assumed this was also possible, but then lets cancel that mode.
- Humans normal settings but zombies/mother zombies get zombie jumper (paranoid) - same as before
I assumed this could be done since it's also possible to let high admins on the server randomly get white knight.

I made up two new modes as placement and would like to hear if these can be done instead.
- Invisible mode: Every player (human/zombie) becomes invisible, except on radar. You can still shoot and knockback zombies and zombies can knife humans but the skin will be very hard to see (probably guns and knifes will still be visible though).
- Inverse gravity mode: Every 10 seconds the sv_gravity on the server switches from 800 to -800 to 800, etc.

Thank you in advance.

- Inverse gravity mode: Every 10 seconds the sv_gravity on the server switches from 800 to -800 to 800, etc.
No such thing as negative gravity but you can make it either 0 (never fall down after jumping) or incredibly high (hit the ground incredibly fast but basically can't jump)

Thank you for your answers moltard. I gave my answers to to them below in yellow.

This mode was done last year in Mako My Way 2.0 so it should be possible and the coding for it should already exist, see: https://unloze.com/threads/event-203-mako-fiercegs-way-2-0.1943/
surely possible, but i assume even last year there were issue of people getting stuck into each other
we do have cfg for that it seems (the 300 ms at least, not -500)

which load a lagcompensation plugin called LagCompensation_300ms
we got one for -300 not -500) LagCompensation_negative300ms

No problem if it deems impossible. This mode can be adapted to slippery ground and inverted controls. Also I think a 45 degrees change added to it might be fun and I doubt it will make people sick if it's only for 3-4 rounds.
inverted control + slipery is possible i guess (though if you know paranoid, you know that it does an insane uncontrolable boost when both are on)

Problematic I see.

I assumed this was also possible, but then lets cancel that mode.

I assumed this could be done since it's also possible to let high admins on the server randomly get white knight.
it's part of a plugin made by Neon 2 years ago. he implemented the WK into a plugin, as well as few other items (like vortigaunt).
It was a long process of implementing it, so it cannot just magically be done.

I dunno if he had created a jumper item too, maybe, so it's to be seen

I made up two new modes as placement and would like to hear if these can be done instead.
- Invisible mode: Every player (human/zombie) becomes invisible, except on radar. You can still shoot and knockback zombies and zombies can knife humans but the skin will be very hard to see (probably guns and knifes will still be visible though).
Seems possible

Thank you in advance.
what malala said

Status
Not open for further replies.