Broken music plugin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

Hollow Knight

Playing a game without music is strange for some, but playing with double music is even more annoying. Fix it please and stop using things, that are made by Botox. It's rubbish, just look at torchlight for example.

Playing a game without music is strange for some, but playing with double music is even more annoying. Fix it please and stop using things, that are made by Botox. It's rubbish, just look at torchlight for example.
@zaCade, plis fix

Even tho I understand your anger, your hate against botox is not justified, since we have so many botox plugins/extensions running without any problems at all. Without him css ZE servers basically would not exist xD

It was just a joke about Botox. I thought it was clear, after I mentioned the torchlight.

The stop music plugin has no reason to exist, it break more things than it fix.

Players need to learn that in their game settings, there is a Music parameter under Audio.
Ofc the oldest maps dont support that (could be quickly edited through stripper) but all the maps released after mako_v5 (2012) got it.

And if they just want to stop the current music, snd_restart in the console works fine.

Yes, you can reduce the volume of music in game settings. The problem is, that in the audio settings, ,,game volume'' slider is responsible for weapons' sounds and voices, even though in the voice settings there is ,,voice receive volume'' slider. So if you want to reduce the volume of weapons' sounds, it will reduce the volume of voices as well, which is useless and the ,,voice receive volume'' slider doesn't make sense. Of course you can completely remove weapons' sounds (all, except yours) via server settings, but this is not a good solution for me.

Yes, you can reduce the volume of music in game settings. The problem is, that in the audio settings, ,,game volume'' slider is responsible for weapons' sounds and voices, even though in the voice settings there is ,,voice receive volume'' slider. So if you want to reduce the volume of weapons' sounds, it will reduce the volume of voices as well, which is useless and the ,,voice receive volume'' slider doesn't make sense. Of course you can completely remove weapons' sounds (all, except yours) via server settings, but this is not a good solution for me.
You are talking about the other sound setting.
Under Audio, you have 2 choices:
- Music Volume
- Game Volume (which is what you are talking about right now).

Music Volume doesnt affect anything else other than music

Last edited:
Heard from one of the Technical Staff, every fix makes it worse.
I don't know what they're planning to do on it, but for now it will remain the same.

Also, if you have a issue please make a post about it here, not here.
For now the issue has been addressed.

Thread Locked.

Reactions: jenz
Status
Not open for further replies.